UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Three

TUFCfan

Arsenal 4 Aston Villa 1

Walcott x 2 Aquilani

K Jones

L Young OG

Arsenal began the defence of their league title with a victory over Aston Villa.

Although I thought the scoreline flattered you slightly! ;)

I agree. With a bit more luck you could have easily gotten back into the game.

I need to improve on the defensive side of things I know that much!!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Spurs 4-1 Man City

Gerrard

Berbatov X2

Gervinho

P.Odemwingie

Totally deserved result for Spur by far the better side.

It's going to be a long hard season. I picked a awful team full of average CMS and no pace at all. My own fault with my picks. Can't settle on a formation either. :(

I don't no if i missed it but is there going to be transfer windows in this league?

Spurs 4 Man City 1

Very good start for Spurs as Berbatov shines on his return. After an even start and City wasting a great chance when clean through it was Spurs who took the lead when Gerrard exchanged passes with Berbatov to leave him free to fire home.This settled Spurs who started to dominate and looked very dangerous with the pace they possess on the wings. With Agbonlahor getting in behind almost at will the second goal came when his cross was headed home by Berbatov at the near post. With half time approaching Spurs sealed the three points when Berbatov finally slotted home after Agbonlahor hit the post and Gervinho's follow up hit the bar. Odemwingie did give City hope after 75 minutes when his deflected shot wrong footed Foster in the Spurs goal. The final say went to Spurs though when Gervinho hammered home a rebound after berbatov was denied his hat trick. Spurs looked very good going forward but not the best at the back.

Berbatov x2, Gervinho, Gerrard

Odemwingie

I'm sorry for ignoring your requests for a game The Jon. I came on and set this team up and then left it on as i went out.

Just let me know when your free.

No worries mate.

Can you play this evening before 9pm?

If not, we'll have to fit it in next week as I'm away from tomorrow.

Reading 0-0 Swansea

In a very even contest neither team found the net although both will be disappointed not to have scored, Possesion was level at 50-50, shots on target was level at 8-8, Swansea edged the total shots 12-11

I'll take an opening point to get up and running early

Wet Spam 1 - Aston Villa 0

E. Adebayor 80'

An equal game of few chances in all honesty, with both keepers rarely troubled. Cisse was poor, managing to get into the box yet completely fluffing his chances. Emmanuel Adebayor replaced him around the 70th minute and straight away began to cause a few problems and the Hammers got the breakthrough on the counterattack with a long through ball and Adebayor slotting it home to the left of the Villa keeper!

ROHPete - When is a good time to play you?

I don't no if i missed it but is there going to be transfer windows in this league?

Oops, forgot to say. There will be transfer windows, the first will be in week 3 like last season to give people a couple weeks to suss out their team's strengths and weaknesses, and there'll be another one later on in the season as well, but I'm still thinking of the best week for that. I'm thinking we only need two this season as the third one last season was very very quiet.

Also, as I went straight from my games yesterday to watch MITB, forgot to mention anything about them. As blackcountry and rohpete have said, two very fun games.

Blackcountry battered me in the first 15 minutes but couldn't score, then I put the pressure on him for a bit and Sturridge scored with finish from a narrow angle and then Swansea equalised just before the break. I struggled to get into the game second half and blackcountry did enough to deserve to win the game but Vorm was in good form, but Sturridge scored the winner for Fulham after the ball bobbled to him after a deflected Tevez shot in the last minute for a smash and grab win, which I believe might be the first time I've ever won my first game in a league/tournament (I think). Harsh on blackcountry but a frantic game at times nonetheless.

Two stunners from Silva won the game for rohpete. Fulham were on top for a fair bit of the early going but I knew it wouldn't be my day when a Sturridge shot cannoned off both posts and was then cleared. Everton open the scoring when Distin headed in a corner. Fulham looked for an equaliser which after some good goalkeeping finally came when Sturridge slotted past the onrushing 'keeper. Everton regained the lead soon after when David Silva made a direct run with the ball from just inside the Fulham half and then fired a shot into the top corner from 25-30 yards out. Great goal, pity the game decided not to include it in the match highlights at the end. Rohpete was on top early on in the second half and the third for Everton after the break from Silva was almost as good, as he showed some skill on the edge of the box and found the top corner yet again. Fulham's hopes were raised when Sturridge scored with an excellent finish when he curled the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box. The hope didn't last for long when the ball found Jelavic in the box and he scored at the second time of asking. My poor run of form against rohpete continues, though once again I failed to get into the game much in the second half and in general was a good open game. Two fun end to end games overall.

Archived