UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Three

TUFCfan

Like the idea of a Premier League only draw.

In terms of a draw/draft, what I was thinking of doing if we had one this season, and in no way MLS inspired, was doing a combination of pre-drawn teams and a superdraft of 2-4 "designated players". By that I mean I'd draw a certain number of teams of players (e.g. 14 teams of 16-18 players), perhaps in a seeded draw so that there are guaranteed to be some better and some worse teams to choose from. Everyone would then pick their team of players in a seeded order. I'd keep back the best players from the draw, so at the same time as picking your team you'd also pick one or two of the players from the list of DPs. Once everyone had picked their teams and first DP/DPs we'd then cycle around again until all have been picked. If that makes sense. Picking all our own players will take far too long I think.

Seeding wise, my intention has always been to take both the last (or previous) league season plus the cup into account. So stunstone, I imagine your win would move you down the picking order a bit but not all the way to the bottom most likely.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be good if we can pick 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker each without restrictions. Then maybe fill in rest of squad with randomly drawn players? Just an idea i will take part whatever you decide.

A couple bits to mention. Firstly, haven't heard back from either C/WMark or El Nicko yet, but if they haven't replied by late tomorrow afternoon I'll continue on with a view of starting the draft tomorrow evening. Both haven't signed into the PSN for over a month so I guess there's a good chance that they're busy with other things.

That leads me on to the fact that we'll need to choose teams for this season. As we're doing a Premier League player season I suggest we pick from the teams that'll be in the Premier League in the 2012/13 season.

Which team you pick is obviously ultimately only cosmetic due to the draft/draw, but as several on here support the same team/would pick the same team, what I suggest is rather than doing first come first served (which is a bit unfair on those who are working/out when I post this) that you pm me a list of three teams in priority order that you'd like to be and then if there's anybody picking the same teams I'll do a random draw and go down to the second/third choice of whoever wasn't picked to give people a chance. If we say a deadline of 5pm tomorrow for this (if I get everybody's in before then I'll announce the picks early).

Surely Nicko will want to be involved in this?! He SO needs to continue his losing streak against me that must be close to reaching ten tournaments with a win in a competetive game! ;)

Anyone know how to reach him other than on here or PSN?

I've sent my teams over

How does this work? Are we just picking a team or are we getting a team combined from the 3 teams we selected?

It's similar to last season, but instead of drawing random players for everyone's team, everyone will pick (in seeded order) a base team of pre-drawn players and will also be able to pick four 'designated players' (perhaps two at a time), i.e. the top players from the Premier league are all held back to choose from. It should give people more choice over the players they get and make it less random. That's the plan anyway.

Speaking of seeding, here's the current draft order based on the current entrants which has been worked out from everyone's last league position plus (if applicable) their performance in the recent European Championships:

1. MVP Rulz

2. el espanacas

3. rohpete

4. The Jon

5. TUFCfan

6. El Nicko Loco

7. TezzRexx

8. blackcountrywwfc

9. wmxxx

10. Fox Piss

11. stunstone

12. Tildeguy

13. carmella

• Paid Members

Hey! Already replied to TUFC to say I'm in :)

I moved house in the fine city, but thanks to a snaffu with Sky I'm still waiting for a connection. I'm at my parents for the night at a birthday do, hence me having connection again! Also our connection has been down at work. They switched off all electric in an adjacent building, but our I.T department didn't realise that our block actually hooked up to it as well. Unbelievable.

PSN: Nick_Sellers

Also, I completely forgot about the Euro 2012 tourne, so apologies if my absence caused any aggro, though I think I was probably a goner anyway!

As a heads up, I'm away from next Wednesday for 8 days in Portugal, and I'm not sure if I can get my connection sorted between now and then (It'll likely be while I'm away!). I'll keep you in the know though.

Archived