WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 6/22/2012

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

Courtesy of Wrestlingobserver.com

The show opened with Teddy Long coming out and announcing that John Laurinaitis has been fired, and that Mick Foley is General Manager for the night.

Big Show came out and said he didn't care about Laurinaitis, that he's happy Laurinaitis gave him his contract, but he only carees about himself. He said that John Cena can be happy it took six people to beat him in the cage match, and that he'd crush Cena in a one-n-one match. He said that he's entering the Money in the Bank match, that he's going to win, take the title and there's nobody in WWE who can beat him.

Brodus Clay came out to confront him. Yeah, I know, he was put on Smackdown because Show isn't on Smackdown, except when he is. He went after Show, but David Otunga came out and took out Clay's knee again. Show kikced him in his knee and kocked him out.

Ryback b Jared Walker & Frank Valencia (two local indie guys) with the same act.

Mick Foley is backstage with Yoshi Tatsu. Vickie Guerrero announces she will be the guest G.M. of Raw and Smackdown next week. Foley then suggests she makes Khali her assistant.

Alberto Del Rio b Christian with an armbar in the destruction of the secondary title program. After the match, Cody Rhodes came out and attacked Christian and also used an armbar on him.

Kane b Daniel Bryan. Bryan had Kane in the Yes lock when A.J. came down and rang the bell. Bryan celebrated like he had won but the ref told him the match was still gong. Kane then choke slammed him for the win while A.J. celebrated.

Mike Foley was out. Heath Slater came out and talked about being embarrassed on Raw. Foley said that there was no reason to feel embarrassed and then announced Slater vs. Zack Ryder next.

Zack Ryder b Heath Slater in a quick squash

Foley and Ryder were backstage and bumped into Damien Sandow who made fun of Ryder.

Prime Time Playas b Usos due to the distraction of A.W. After the match, Primo & Epico hit the ring to attack them.

This may or may not be dark. Santino Marella did a deal looking for the best sign. A planted woman with a sign for Marella was brought to the ring. She had a cobra on her hand and their cobras kissed. Then she kissed Marella and he fainted.

Sheamus b Dolph Ziggler for the 43rd straight time with the Brogue kick in a good match.

Doesn't look as bad as recent weeks from what I can see, I guess Kane/Bryan and Sheamus/Ziggler could be alright, possibly Del Rio/Christian as well. It doesn't really matter to me anymore as I've gone right off him since he has been treated like a goon ever since the Cena/Kane feud, but I find it funny how Zack Ryder is kept off Raw from his hometown and then is actually on Smackdown the next night in Baltimore. Vickie Guerrero being the GM on both shows next week is gonna be shit, it's Regal that I want. Not her.

• Paid Members
Alberto Del Rio b Christian with an armbar in the destruction of the secondary title program. After the match, Cody Rhodes came out and attacked Christian and also used an armbar on him.

Another case of if the champion loses then its a 'Burial' of the title....Yawn.

Doesnt look like a bad show this week. Hopefully Heath Slater will be gold just like he was on Raw.

Anyone else got a feeling AJ will end up with D-Bry again?

It seems they are trying with a tag team division of The Usos, Primo & Epico and The Primetime Playas. All three teams vying to get a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championships.

• Paid Members

Another case of if the champion loses then its a 'Burial' of the title....Yawn.

It depends on the future. If Del Rio is going to take the title off Christian, then it's absolutely fine and this guy is jumping the gun. If they've just used the IC champion to put over Del Rio so he can go on to bigger and better things, then the guy is right. Your titles will never mean anything if the champion is just another JTTS.

• Paid Members

Yeah you make a good point. Personally for the time being I think Del Rio should have a run with the IC title. He's doing shag all else and can't see him getting a crack at sheamus any time soon which is a shame really, their match at No Way Out could have been quite good.

Apparently one of the Ryback jobbers for this show is CZW wrestler Sabian. Sabian is an untalented little shit and I'm hoping Ryback really fucks him up.

How dare you say that about the black Jesus. He keeps the fat chick in the front row happy.

I'll watch the Ryback squash and the Primetime Players and that's about it. The only things that actually happen on Smackdown are things that happened on RAW, you are missing absolutely nothing if you skip Smackdown nowadays.

No Cesaro again either.

Watch Impact Wrestling.

Casual racism aside, not a bad show. Just got done watching it.

I enjoyed Brodus, thought he looked great coming out and interrupting Big Show. I think in time we'll all look back and say how great Rybacks squashes are/were, but its gone on too long for me personally. I really want to see him wrestle someone decent. Damien Sandow remains the greatest thing to ever happen to Smackdown.

The rest was all just there, apart from the Santino bit which was woeful. Prime Time Players are cool.

Anyway, its worth your time for David Otungas Carlton from Fresh Prince dance.

I'll watch the Ryback squash and the Primetime Players and that's about it. The only things that actually happen on Smackdown are things that happened on RAW, you are missing absolutely nothing if you skip Smackdown nowadays.

No Cesaro again either.

Watch Impact Wrestling.

Is that your fucking catchphrase now?

No Cesaro again either.

Watch Impact Wrestling.

Is that your fucking catchphrase now?

I used it twice in two days, and don't intend to again, so no.

I watched this earlier, and thought that parts of it were quite good. Kane Vs. Daniel Bryan was a really good match, Sheamus Vs. Ziggler was decent, and Christian Vs. Del Rio was alright as well. I thought The Usos Vs. The Prime Time Players was OK, but I can't help but feel I'm wasting my time even bothering to get into anything to do with tag teams in this company. They'll disappear in a couple of weeks and I'll never see them again.

There was of course some absolute shit on the show as well though, Santino's stuff, Mick Foley looking like a massive tramp, and most of all Vickie Guerrero being given racist material. BE A STAR.

Archived