WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 6/22/2012

ThePhenom

• Paid Members

On the plus side, for all he did the same thing as he always does, The Ryback was super over with the crowd. The people love that "Feed Me More" thing.

Never seen it, but I heard Cole buried No Holds Barred. Why would they allow this little cocksucker to do that? Do they want to alienate the nostalgia market as well?

Given his performance on the Raw before this I'd say "yes". That does appear to be Cole's role at the moment. :(

Oh for fuck sake, Sheamus vs Ziggler AGAIN! How many times have they faced each other in the last few weeks now? Ziggler just losing every single time does nothing for him either. Ridiculous.

Ziggler sneaked a roll-up win over him in a tag match on the previous week's show after AJ threw Vickie into the ring. Don't blame you for not remembering it though - it was ignored a few seconds later for the post-match AJ/Vickie catfight and then the Kane tries to carry AJ off, Punk comes to rescue her, those two and Bryan angle.

Other than that I think he's lost every time.

Totally agree it is pointless and has done nothing for Ziggler.

I watched this earlier, and thought that parts of it were quite good. Kane Vs. Daniel Bryan was a really good match, Sheamus Vs. Ziggler was decent, and Christian Vs. Del Rio was alright as well. I thought The Usos Vs. The Prime Time Players was OK, but I can't help but feel I'm wasting my time even bothering to get into anything to do with tag teams in this company. They'll disappear in a couple of weeks and I'll never see them again.

There was of course some absolute shit on the show as well though, Santino's stuff, Mick Foley looking like a massive tramp, and most of all Vickie Guerrero being given racist material. BE A STAR.

It was completely needless to the show as well which made it seem worse than when they usually have DX or whoever do it as part of a bigger segment. This time it felt like it was the whole point of the segment.

The show itself was pretty average with some good wrestling but also nothing really happened for the top guys like setting up a new feud for Sheamus which I was expecting (Big Show maybe?).

* Big Show's promo was good. I liked that he made clear that he was "moving on" from Cena. I know they sort of hinted at it with him walking out on Big Johnny on the Monday but it was nice they made it clear. Clay coming out all serious to fight him was good. Otunga's sneak attack and Carlton dance after Show had done the damage was suitably cowardly. Him and Clay is being booked pretty well as far as midcard feuds go.

* Foley was pointless. Him and Slater played off each other pretty well but really there was no point in having him 'run' the show if he wasn't going to do anything (like announce said challenger for Sheamus at MitB).

* Ryback's squash was same old but I agree the audience were into him. I actually thought this was one of his weaker squashes so far. He'd been adding/changing up his moves a lot previously but seems to have settled into a routine. Nice to hear Brickhouse Brown's name on Raw even if it was just to set up Cole's predictable

Both looked great but when you are doing them in throw-away TV matches which, good as it was is what it came across as, then you sort of wonder what the point is or how they are going to top it on PPV.

That's one of my main problems with WWE at the moment. Pay-per-views are full of rematches from pay-per-view quality free TV bouts, and the matches on TV don't really warrant the time because there's not enough build-up for them to hold interest for that long. And then because they do long TV matches instead of storylines, the PPV match hasn't really had any build either. The Sheamus-Ziggler matches from the last month have all been good, but there's been next to no storyline and they've completely burned out Sheamus vs Ziggler now, with nothing really to show for it.

I'm curious as to how much ringtime in total Austin vs Rock had across all their encounters on TV/PPV, and how that compares to something like Christian vs Del Rio or Sheamus vs Ziggler. Because it feels like Sheamus and Ziggler have wrestled each other for about three hours in the last six weeks or so, with nary a reason to give a fuck. It's the Ziggler vs Kofi of our generation.

Archived