Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

It was average i thought, just feels like we have seen it all before.

I was really hoping Ziggler would win his match, and then reject Vicki has his manager turing face in the process, i honestly believe that Dolph could make an incredible babyface, kind of similar to how HBK was.

One day maybe.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else feel sorry for Heath Slater? He acted quite obnoxiously, but I don't think being rude warrants getting your eyes poked and Cyndi Lauper smashing a picture over your head.

IMO the Ziggler/Swagger blow off match on RAW shows you everything thats wrong with the way WWE is written these days. They were building towards this months ago and then just seemed to sweep it under the carpet and then a few weeks ago they started building friction again only to re-shuffle Ziggler into Jericho and the Del Rios spot only to then flip back to the idea of a blow off match. It was short, it was shit, it meant nothing. Are either of these guys really doing that much that they couldnt have properly split them up, have Vickie torn in the middle and then put them out on a PPV in some sort of Ladder match to win Vickies services?

Having read a few of these ex-writers speak out lately it seems like these things happen all the time and things are just ditched for no reason, its like no writer has any real grip on the show and control of where to take it.

• Paid Members

No Way Out and Raw were both shit, but I'm keeping my hopes alive due to the exact same thing happening last year. Remember we were given Capitol Punishment?. At that time, absolutely nothing was happening in WWE, until CM Punk decided to open his mouth and we ended up with one of the hottest angle in years between MITB and Summerslam. Im hoping for the same from Raw 1000 onwards.

I love Heath Slayer. He's got a great energy about him which is why he's probably getting on Raw and little cameos at Wrestlemania. That Southern drawl is an incredibly charismatic accent. He'd be perfect as a heel cruiserweight champion. Justin Gabriel on the other hand is shit. The South African accent is not suited to a wrestling promo at all.

No Way Out and Raw were both shit, but I'm keeping my hopes alive due to the exact same thing happening last year. Remember we were given Capitol Punishment?. At that time, absolutely nothing was happening in WWE, until CM Punk decided to open his mouth and we ended up with one of the hottest angle in years between MITB and Summerslam. Im hoping for the same from Raw 1000 onwards.

It almost certainly will be. You always have lulls where people say it's shit and they'll never watch again and WWE will do some big angle. Nexus debuted at the end of a really dull Raw. It's like they tame it all down so the big angle has a bigger impact. It's a silly strategy in my mind though.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Capitol Punishment? I thought for what it was it was a decent PPV with some solid matches even Kofi/Ziggler match #153 was good.

WWE is a funny product at the moment I must say. They just seem abit undecided with everything they're doing and for too long every episode seems far too similar. I hope the ratings take a drastic fall like a 2.5 or lower so it gives them the foot up their arse to make the product interesting. With Lesnar/Rock around after Mania it did seem exciting but that soon ended.

Again I will say it but.. TNA is fucking quality at the moment. If you haven't bothered then you should.

Oh and why on earth is Swagger still on telly? Urgh..

Am I the only one who enjoyed Capitol Punishment? I thought for what it was it was a decent PPV with some solid matches even Kofi/Ziggler match #153 was good.

WWE is a funny product at the moment I must say. They just seem abit undecided with everything they're doing and for too long every episode seems far too similar. I hope the ratings take a drastic fall like a 2.5 or lower so it gives them the foot up their arse to make the product interesting. With Lesnar/Rock around after Mania it did seem exciting but that soon ended.

Again I will say it but.. TNA is fucking quality at the moment. If you haven't bothered then you should.

Oh and why on earth is Swagger still on telly? Urgh..

The annoying thing is they won't fall to 2.5, at least any time in the foreseeable future. No matter how boring, shit and tedious the shows get, people will still tune in. I do. You'll hear me banging on about how there's nothing going on in WWE at the moment, then I'll tune in from beginning to end, and to be honest I'm not sure what they could do to tune me out for good. If I'm home and doing nothing, I'll stick it on regardless of how shit it might be.

Archived