Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

Their TV is cracking at the moment. You should give it another chance, the whole format has changed and it's very watchable. Everything has purpose.

Thanks - any idea what time/date is it on Challenge? I'll set the Sky+ and try that.

Always on a Sunday at 9pm. I really recommend you catch last weeks episode, so much happened which is being shown tonight at 10pm (repeat).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Foleys looking fragile. The new GM concept could be interesting but who they going to bring back? Stephanie? Heyman? Adamle? Angle and Bischoff are with TNA, Teddy hasnt left TV, oh god no, not the celebrities?

Didnt really care for the tag match as it seems to be on every week, but the end was good. AJ skipping around dressed as Kane and then the GTS/Brogue Kick combo were great.

Ziggler/Swagger was a fun little match but I was really hoping that Vickie was going to screw Ziggler or him reject her at the end.

Heath Slater was absolute gold! Lauper looked like she was enjoying being there and shed a few tears. Was abit disappointed that Hot Rod was the legend this week as like Cole said he seems to be on every bloody Raw. Im the one man baaaaaaaaaand....

Santino/Del Rio was....er....there.

HHH/Heyman was good just because Heyman plays the snivelling representative great. He actually makes you want him to get punched which is a rare quality these days.

So glad to see the Prime Time Players on Raw. Who'd have thunk it that Titus O'Neal would be one of the most entertaining things in WWE? 'Hey you shut up Fat Boy!'

Jericho returning next monday? Meh..

Cena vs Big Johnnie/Big Show/'Wrestling Extrodinaire and Legal Council' David Otunga - JL not actually being injured was fun and when he was stomping Cena then shouting People Power was class. Cena beating him up was standard.

This weeks wasnt too bad, not great by a long shot but better than previous weeks.

Also, No Ryder?

• Paid Members
I enjoyed (and believed) the HHH/Heyman segment, the rest was just boring old Raw. I can't even muster up any more emotion to discuss the good or bad in any detail.

I think this summed up my thoughts. The only iffy moment in that segment was when Triple H was wandering around looking at the crowd and there was hardly any reaction. But it was OK because it led to a bingo hall joke. Paul Heyman is still the best talker in wrestling. My favourite bit wasn't on the show but something my daughter said:

Em: "Who's he?"

Me: "He's Brock Lesnar's um..." (Trying to think of the right word)

Em: "Grandad?"

What really frustrates me about these shows is that no matter who is "running" the show, they are all the same. No-one on the writing team sat and thought "What would Mick Foley do if he was running the show?". Obviously they can't be too OTT, no death matches or anything but Foley could've brought back the Hardcore title for one night, with the 24/7 rule. He would've had some interaction with his favourite mid-carders. he would've booked Zack Ryder in a World Title match. Stuff like that. Something to be different. Foley's involvement was absolutely wasted. During the HHH/Heyman segment, I thought how awesome it would be if Heyman & Lesnar really did own WWE (in the storyline). But with this booking team, would it really be any different.

That Lauper/Piper segment was just abysmal. I'll be honest, the only reason I bothered to watch was the promise of a legend turning up. This was meh at best.

I want to like Young & Thingy but there's just no reason to get behind them. I love tag teams and I love tag matches but I can't get into their scene at all. It's so poorly promoted.

Every champion is a babyface. That's just wrong.

What's up with Del Rio wrestling 24 hours after an advertised PPV title match they pulled him out of?

Paid for the PPV to see big Johnny get his comeuppance at last? Don't worry, he'll get it again tomorrow to make your investment seem even worse than it did before.

Obviously were all life long WWE fans. I find myself trying to find the positives out of the programming that's produced lately, hoping that the good will come. We all love wrestling here and want it to succeed but I can't see how the casual can handle two hours of RAW, let alone three. I'm sure the 1000th episode will be great for nostalgia and skits ect but am I not the only one who worries about the state of the WWE's future?

The most exciting run's they have at the moment is Brock Lesnar and The Rock. Combined they work about a entire month of the whole year and let's be honest they're not going to be much more post Wrestlemania 29. So what then? There is hardly nobody left to put over new talent to create new stars. Brock and Rock will never put over the likes of Punk or Bryan. The only full time mega star they have is Cena, and even he is loosing his appeal because he has nobody to work with.

RAW just sent me to sleep. Swagger, Big Show, Kane all bore me. Hell I had to look back a page to remind myself what happened. I understand WWE like bringing in celebrities and there trying to promote the 1000th episode of RAW but why the hell did the bring in Cyndi Lauper? I remember watching a episode of 'Legends of Wrestling' where they all moaned and bitched about her being the most disrespectful celebrity they've ever come in contact with. I'm sure the panel included Pat Patterson, Jim Ross, DDP and Roddy Piper.

Heath Slater, give that man a title! Probably a bad sign that he was the most entertaining part of that show.

Good to see Zack Ryder in his hometown...oh wait. Dolph gets a face reaction, but we really really want to do nothing with him so we'll keep him as a heel. Ugh. No Kofi?

Awful stuff, with added Teddy Long. I'm out. I end up being annoyed watching it on a Tuesday morning so I think its time to give it up. Shame there are so many talented people there that I really enjoy watching but it seems they dont bother with them. Until they produce some new stars and start pushing different people i think i'll give it up.

• Paid Members
I remember watching a episode of 'Legends of Wrestling' where they all moaned and bitched about her being the most disrespectful celebrity they've ever come in contact with. I'm sure the panel included Pat Patterson, Jim Ross, DDP and Roddy Piper.

It was Micheal Hayes, not Patterson but you're right - Piper hated her.

Well that was fucking shit, the whole show. It just feels like the same insulting to anyone's intelligence stuff every single week. The closest it got to being at least alright, was Paul Heyman on the mic. But I'm sure I saw that exact same promo on Raw a few weeks ago so it doesn't even deserve it. Nothing but boring matches that mean nothing, Roddy Piper who I can't stand, all on top of the stupid commentary of Jerry Lawler and the schizophrenic guy. Oh well, at least I have Impact to keep me going.

To me, Raw was typified by the fact that the best received segment of last week (Vader) had people quite excited about who might show up this week. And it turned out to be Roddy Piper and Mick Foley. Ooooooooooooh joy.

Another poor show.

Only two things good were Paul Heyman and how MILF'y Vickie looked in her outfit.

What really frustrates me about these shows is that no matter who is "running" the show, they are all the same. No-one on the writing team sat and thought "What would Mick Foley do if he was running the show?". Obviously they can't be too OTT, no death matches or anything but Foley could've brought back the Hardcore title for one night, with the 24/7 rule. He would've had some interaction with his favourite mid-carders. he would've booked Zack Ryder in a World Title match. Stuff like that. Something to be different. Foley's involvement was absolutely wasted. During the HHH/Heyman segment, I thought how awesome it would be if Heyman & Lesnar really did own WWE (in the storyline). But with this booking team, would it really be any different.

That's a teriffic point, and you could apply it to the wrestlers too. So few guys behave any other way than "Goodie", or "Baddie". With zero buildup last week, Vader's sole motivation was to beat the fuck out of the ginger prick. This week, that ginger prick was a bit pissed off with it, and sure enough, he actually got a little bit of heat in that fucking atrocious segment. Yes, there's a problem that so few of the wrestlers are characters at the moment, but ultimately, what little character they do have is being forgotten by the writers anyway. It's a dangerous circle too, and somebody like Ziggler is a prime example of a guy that could have all the talent in the world but a complete lack of purpose and defined consistency just kills him.

...how MILF'y Vickie looked in her outfit.

Nope.

Archived