The Sandman

Donedude

Ive heard different stories about him one that he was a good guy to work with and he was a nice guy, and the other was that he was a jerk who used to abuse the new guys by caning the shit out of them until their ear drums popped etc. Aparently he tried his crap with the harris brothers who promptly beat the hell out of him.

which side of the fence are you on?

• Paid Members

It's not even a question. It's just two sets of second-hand stories you've heard. How am I supposed to get behind one of the other. I don't know the guy personally, I've never worked with him, so I wouldn't know.

Well what i took from this thread was...he is asking what stories people may have heard and what opinion have they based on Sandman based on those stories.

Once again, Khemical acting like a complete fud.

• Paid Members

Great entrance, totally believable character because it doesn't appear to be a character, tonnes of fun in the right environment, pretty terrible outside of that environment and is a barely functioning alcoholic so probably not that easy to work with. If he did upset the Harris Brothers at some point then he scores points with me because they are irredeemably shit in all aspects of life.

I met him at the salvaged Wrestlexpress event. He seemed drunk, found it funny that someone had an Enter Sandman ringtone and had lots of overpriced gear that he wasn't trying very hard to sell. I have a photo with him. He's standing next to me and staring vacantly off into the distance. I didn't really want him to hug me or anything though, so it was OK.

Don't know, don't really care. The character was cool whether it was real or not, he was great in WCW and his ECW feud with Raven was tonnes of fun, so I like him regardless of whether he was a a good guy or a wank.

• Paid Members
Well what i took from this thread was...he is asking what stories people may have heard and what opinion have they based on Sandman based on those stories.

So we're supposed to make an opinion on someone based on Chinese whispers of what the guy may be like, when the OP doesn't even tell us what side of the fence he's on despite sharing such gems?

So we're supposed to make an opinion on someone based on Chinese whispers of what the guy may be like, when the OP doesn't even tell us what side of the fence he's on despite sharing such gems?

well thats what he asked. it's a forum, we generate discussion. .

• Paid Members

Most fans I've spoken to that have met him at meet n greets etc say he's a complete bell end. But then again, a lot of us turn into bell ends when we're wasted, and he's barely ever sober.

• Moderators
Great entrance, totally believable character because it doesn't appear to be a character, tonnes of fun in the right environment, pretty terrible outside of that environment and is a barely functioning alcoholic so probably not that easy to work with. If he did upset the Harris Brothers at some point then he scores points with me because they are irredeemably shit in all aspects of life.

I met him at the salvaged Wrestlexpress event. He seemed drunk, found it funny that someone had an Enter Sandman ringtone and had lots of overpriced gear that he wasn't trying very hard to sell. I have a photo with him. He's standing next to me and staring vacantly off into the distance. I didn't really want him to hug me or anything though, so it was OK.

Apart from the Enter Sandman ringtone bit, this is very much exactly the same as my opinion of him and experience of meeting him (except at a different wrestling event). We did get him to hold his arm in the air so his tattoo of his face would be in the picture.. this was possibly a mistake because he really stank.

I put on that Forever Hardcore dvd yesterday and turned it off because I realised what a set of shitbags most of the ECW crew was, I detest New Jack, Taz was apparently a cunt, Axl Rotten is the worst excuse for a wrestler I've ever seen and the Sandman isn't much better.

Topped off by the sight of Gabe Sapolsky and Bob Ryder, it really isnt pleasant viewing.

From a fan perspective, I've met Sandman three times and had photos with him each time. The first was pretty cool, the second was with Maria Kanellis and he didnt bother stopping his chat with her to look at the camera, despite the fact I was sat in between them and the third, he was in a mood and wouldnt budge but he would let me stand next to him for a picture. I put him in a sleeper, he didnt like that.

Cant imagine he would have been much fun to work with as he was usually fucked! He was a terrible wrestler but was over as hell. Cool entrance. You have to wonder though, he must have had something else to him to have had two semi decent runs with WCW and WWE.

I bet if the OP started a "So Khemical Cunt or not" thread then despite not really knowing you nor having any chinese whispers to base their opinions on I reckon you'd find a throng of votes in the Cunt column for you! Richly deserved too! Cunt!

Archived