The Sandman

Donedude

• Paid Members
Well what i took from this thread was...he is asking what stories people may have heard and what opinion have they based on Sandman based on those stories.

Once again, Khemical acting like a complete fud.

So we're supposed to make an opinion on someone based on Chinese whispers of what the guy may be like, when the OP doesn't even tell us what side of the fence he's on despite sharing such gems?

I bet if the OP started a "So Khemical Cunt or not" thread then despite not really knowing you nor having any chinese whispers to base their opinions on I reckon you'd find a throng of votes in the Cunt column for you! Richly deserved too! Cunt!

I'm touched.

I've met Sandman as a fan at a British show, met him when he was in WWE and met him when I was filming for a DVD on a show he was working on. So three reasonably different experiences.

At WWE he was awesome, he probably had to be on better behaviour there. He spent ages outside the arena chatting, signing pictures and just generally being there having fun. When he left everyone started a 'thank you Sandman' chant. He then stopped, came back and did a speech about how he should be chanting thank you at the fans or something.

I met Sandman at a 'UCW' show down near Cardiff. After the fan interaction event there was just under 2 hours to wait for the main show, for that entire time Sandman came outside (drunk) and hung around everyone. The guy was awesome, telling stories about how his mother caught him having his first wank, how he was only over here for a quick vacation and payday, how the promoter he was working for tonight paid him double what he's getting elsewhere and how he was going to spank his opponents valet during the match cause she was hot (He did and she was). He also laid down in the middle of the main road blocking it during rush hour pretending to ride a bike then joined Mick Foley in the near by chippy.

Total and utter cunt when several times ive met him. Himself and Raven for that matter! wish the worst on the two of them. two men i cant stand!

• Paid Members

I don't know really why, but I was always a fan of the Sandman character. As a person, he always seems a bit of a hard one to decipher, since most of the time he's pissed. He might be an alright lad when sober for how many hours of the day that is.

From a character perspective, he was brilliant. Like a really rough version of Austin that hadn't been fine tuned and filtered. Take away the Austin Vs. Any Boss aspect and the characters bare some similarities. I think I got behind Sandman in the old ECW days because he just got the shit knocked out of him constantly, but he had this never say die reaction to his character. Also my introduction to the Sandman was Raven stealing his family, which considering I was 10 seeing that footage, naturally sympathetic towards him. Great entrance as well, If wrestling was just the entrance, Sandman would be a mega star. That One Night Stand reaction and entrance pretty much sums up his enigma to the ECW fans... I also didn't mind him as Hak in WCW either.

Archived