Wrestlers with out catchphrases and over finishers

wisewords

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If you piece together your history of the WWF, like I do, from old Coliseum tapes, you'd be forced to believe that Andre's finisher was a single underhook suplex, since he finished Bam Bam with it at Survivors 87 and won the gold from Hogan with it on The Main Event.

• Paid Members
If you piece together your history of the WWF, like I do, from old Coliseum tapes, you'd be forced to believe that Andre's finisher was a single underhook suplex, since he finished Bam Bam with it at Survivors 97 and won the gold from Hogan with it on The Main Event.

I always thought the underhook suplex was his finisher too. I'm certain it was on the Legends of Wrestling games too.

If you piece together your history of the WWF, like I do, from old Coliseum tapes, you'd be forced to believe that Andre's finisher was a single underhook suplex, since he finished Bam Bam with it at Survivors 97 and won the gold from Hogan with it on The Main Event.

I always thought the underhook suplex was his finisher too. I'm certain it was on the Legends of Wrestling games too.

I t was on No Mercy N64

I t was on No Mercy N64

Actually, on No Mercy his finisher was a Powerbomb.

• Paid Members
Carlito had the most generic finishers until the Backstabber.

I don't remember Maven having either. Zak Gowen? Do they count?

Didnt Maven use a dropkick as a finsher?

Oddly, when they finally established Maven a finisher, it was the backstabber.

• Paid Members

That's impressive stuff ;)

I don't think its uncommon for wrestlers 30 years ago to not have catchphrases cos wrestling was a very different place. Ricky Steamboat was a good shout cos I don't think he had one, but I'll bet he had a finisher.

• Paid Members

Survivors 97

That's impressive stuff ;)

Seven hells.

Ricky Steamboat was a good shout cos I don't think he had one, but I'll bet he had a finisher.

He did.

Surely the winner in both categories is Ricky Steamboat? He had no catchphrases whatsoever, and while his top rope bodypress looked good and was a spectacular finish for a squash

Archived