Wrestlers with out catchphrases and over finishers

wisewords

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlito had the most generic finishers until the Backstabber.

I don't remember Maven having either. Zak Gowen? Do they count?

Did Gowen have the moonsault? For some reason I have it in my head that he did.

Carlito had the most generic finishers until the Backstabber.

I don't remember Maven having either. Zak Gowen? Do they count?

Did Gowen have the moonsault? For some reason I have it in my head that he did.

Yeah, I had that in mind too but weren't sure if it was a finish. Certainly not an 'over' finish anyway.

Heidenreich and Snitsky are good shouts.

• Paid Members
I'd say it was a VERY over finish. Babies were thrown in the air when he beat the Big Show with it. Gowen was super, super over for them few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjdl6xcazhQ...;feature=fvwrel

Yeah but they're not popping for the move, they're popping for the one-legged underdog Zach Gowen beating the Big Show.

• Paid Members

They are probably popping for the fact a one legged wrestler can do a moonsault. If he'd have give got rolled on top of Big Show, after Brock and Kurt gave him a kicking, it wouldnt have been half as impressive. And he used it as a finisher and the commentators were building anticipation to him hitting the moonsault in his match with Vince and his match with Little Guido, so that was his finisher. There are very few things you can see that are more impressive than a bloke with one leg hitting a moonsault.

I guess I said it weren't an over finish as I couldn't remember him using it much as I don't think he won much. Or maybe my memory is completely gone. Was it an over finish, or was it just that Zak Gowen was over? I do remember that match, I just didn't remember the moonsault. Didn't he get released because of his bad attitude? I think Colt Cobana had him on Art of Wrestling, but I'm yet to listen to it.

Taz and Cole were spacking out like they were 10 year olds commentating on their action figures wrestling. I'd suggest checking out 7:52 on that video.

This was the time period where everyone was taking the F5 on their back. Was it deemed unsafe if it was on the front? And Angle gave Big Show a decent Angle Slam there, even if I did think it looked silly him doing it considering the size difference. I thought at the time that it devalued Lesnar being able to give him an F5. I hated his Angle Slams where it was more like a backdrop. I think he beat Big Show at Armageddon 2002 with what was essentially a backdrop, didn't he?

• Paid Members

Zach was a bit of a novelty to be fair. Sounds harsh to say, but after his initial push, you'd more or less seen it all with him. He was super over when he first turned up because it was amazing to see a lad with one leg doing what he could do. Once the McMahon storyline was over and Brock threw him down the stairs, he'd outstayed his welcome. He'd have made a good living in the 70s. Once one territory got sick of him, he could have went around the country as a new act. But in modern times where was there to go after we got used to see him? And everyone thought he was an arrogant cunt and ribbed him to fuck (hiding his leg and stuff).

That moonsault was fucking wicked though.

Zach was a bit of a novelty to be fair. Sounds harsh to say, but after his initial push, you'd more or less seen it all with him. He was super over when he first turned up because it was amazing to see a lad with one leg doing what he could do. Once the McMahon storyline was over and Brock threw him down the stairs, he'd outstayed his welcome. He'd have made a good living in the 70s. Once one territory got sick of him, he could have went around the country as a new act. But in modern times where was there to go after we got used to see him? And everyone thought he was an arrogant cunt and ribbed him to fuck (hiding his leg and stuff).

That moonsault was fucking wicked though.

Yeah, that was definitely my feeling at the time. He is like a circus act, and it grows old. Another reason I probably didn't get behind him at the time was because he wasn't on any games and you couldn't make a CAW of him. Honestly, I do think that WWE games play a massive part in getting people to watch the product. I know loads of people who played the SmackDown! games and thought they were fun games and played them multi-player. You got the characters over well on those games because you became accustomed to the moves. I knew the roster quite well before I even regularly watched wrestling.

This guy reckons this song got him into heavy music, and so decided to do a cover in tribute - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3io0-3TeOY

• Paid Members
What about Heidenreich, can't think of a finisher or a catch phrase... and for that matter Snitsky - he had the catch phrase but am drawing a blank on finisher?

Heidenreich used a Boss Man Slam-style move didn't he? Seem to recall Snitsky using a Meltdown as a finisher as well but that could've just been for Smackdown games.

Archived