Monday Night Raw thread (23/04/12)

JLM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

"I brought you a copy of my changes.... That I want to have changed"

Best sticking to the pre-tapes from now on. Weird segment, I thought for sure with Cena not coming out they were going to cut to him being laid out in the back. I don't know what they were trying to achieve, Cena wasn't scared, I know that much, he seemed ready to slug Lesnar in the jaw with the chain, but didn't. Really underwhelming. A contract signing in wrestling where people just signed the contracts, I didn't think I'd ever see the day!

No idea what's going to happen on Sunday. That's a good thing, probably.

I liked the end segment. Big johnny is afraid to say no to lesnar, be good if it built up to him having to ask cena to stop lesnar down the road when he gets out of Control.

I have pretty mixed views on that, I enjoyed the opening and closing segments. I thought Brock came across well, I was expecting him to turn on Johnny Ace and F5 him through the table, which didn't happen. I also thought the reason for Cena not coming out until near the end was becuase he was beaten down backstage or something. I was really glad to see Edge, that was a total surprise. The Jericho/Kofi match was alright, but his segment with CM Punk was the drizzling shits. Theodore Long just kept on coming out as well for some reason, just go away please. The Kane/Orton stuff was so corny, it's unreal. The Sheamus/Henry bit was alright, it was best for making me realize just how short Bryan looks when he is wearing trousers! I liked his involvement in the end. I skipped everything else, the increasingly shit Brodus Clay, Hornswoggle, Vickie Guerrero and Jack Swagger in the same match really shouldn't take up any of my time. It could have been worse though, I did enjoy bits of it, and I'm still looking forward to the PPV. I probably would have forgotten the whole show by the weekend anyway!

The ending segment was abit shit, Johnny Ace is the man, Lesnar isn't too great on the mic and Cena can't act for shit. I liked seeing Edge but the licking Cena's arse was shitty. What the fuck was Swagger doing on telly too.. poor Ziggler

Jericho/Punk is really shit hot, Lesnar beating Josh Matthews up, Niki Bella winning the divas title was good and The Bellas are stunning, Del Rio looked the piece, Daniel Bryan and Sheamus is becoming interesting.. Enjoyed all this

• Paid Members

Managed to catch some of the highlights on youtube and thought the beatdown on Matthews was alright, the change in Cenas attitude didn't make much sense and Edge's appearance was a nice (if a bit tongue in arse) surprise.

Can't find Lesnars entrance though? What was so good about it?

• Paid Members
Think he meant entrance into the arena.

Sheamus got hardly no reception did he?

Show was just too long.

Aye the entrance to the arena. That video Ian posted is hilarious too.

I'm loving Brock Lesnar and his ripping apart of John Cena. I do however wonder if John Cena loses at Extreme Rules on Sunday where things will go?

Another pretty good week on Raw IMO.

The opening segment was very good with Edge's appearance being a nice surprise.Cena was great standing there looking like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

The only negative aspect was Teddy Lomg who needs to be sent packing in the post Mania talent cull.

Lord Tensai looked the best he has since his return with his squash over R-Truth.Still can't see the gimmick getting over tho.

Daniel Bryan was great again this week.I'm really looking forward to the match against Sheamus this Sunday.On a minor D Bryan note,did anybody else spot the "Bacon is my passion" sign in the crowd.Fantastic.

I have to admit I fast forwarded through the Divas match.It looks like Kharma could be on the way back.Wasn't she heckled by The Bella's in her last appearance before heading on maternity leave.This seems like the perfect time to bring her back,assuming she's ready to return.

Lesnar was quality making his arrival at the arena and better still flinging Josh Matthews about.

Rosa Mendes :rolleyes:

Eve :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I actually thought the Khali/Show Vs Rhodes/Rio match was good and much better than expected considering Khali's involvement.

Punk and Jericho's segment was awful but most of this feud has been that way anyway.Did Punk say WWF on purpose? And what was up with the sloppy after the fact censoring.It happened again with Lesnar after he said the word balls.

Lesnat really shouldn't have been allowed out there to talk for as long as he was but saying that it hardly detracts from everything they've alredy done with him.

Extreme Rules looks like it could be the best B PPV in ages.Not withstanding next weeks debut of Raw:Starring Brock Lesnar.

I've really been enjoying Raw over the last coupl;e of weeks,long may it last.

I was hoping when Cena didn't show that his old "Doctor of Thuganomics" music was going to hit just as Laurinaitis was about to agree. All new attire (such as a black chain gang vest, flat peak and black shorts,) and looking pissed off ready to kick Lesnar's ass on Sunday. Was let down when he came out and did pretty much nothing

Archived