Alberto del Rio beat Big Show

Ryback beat ???

Randy Orton Big Show & Sheamus beat Cody Rhodes Daniel Bryan & Mark Henry

Randy Orton beat Kane

Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, Antonio Cesaro (the former Claudio Castagnoli for anyone uninformed) was featured on SmackDown as well, speaking to Johnny Ace in a backstage segment.

Cesaro and Arksana went Laurinaitis office after a segment with Teddy. Who had been forced to stand guard at the office complete with bearskin. Arksana basically explained Teddy was no good to her now.

Ryback beating the guy from Leicester was brilliant live. Seeing him, (I have no idea who it is? Makes the past two look well built though) the announcement of Leicester and just knowing he would die soon. It reminded me of Jurassic Park when they put the goat in the T-Rex pen.

Apparently, Antonio Cesaro (the former Claudio Castagnoli for anyone uninformed) was featured on SmackDown as well, speaking to Johnny Ace in a backstage segment.

Cesaro and Arksana went Laurinaitis office after a segment with Teddy. Who had been forced to stand guard at the office complete with bearskin. Arksana basically explained Teddy was no good to her now.

Ryback beating the guy from Leicester was brilliant live. Seeing him, (I have no idea who it is? Makes the past two look well built though) the announcement of Leicester and just knowing he would die soon. It reminded me of Jurassic Park when they put the goat in the T-Rex pen.

That poor lad who Ryback destroyed was definately seriously skinny. I wanted to feel sorry for him, especially with his little speech - "this match is for my mum" - but seeing Ryback slap him about was just too entertaining.

Some more detailed spoilers:

Lilian Garcia came out and tripped over the fireworks on the ramp. This got a big laugh out of the crowd.

The main event was announced as Sheamus, Randy Orton, and The Great Khai vs. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan came out to cut a promo. He received a great pop to start the show. He delivered a good promo about his Extreme Rules pay-per-view match with Sheamus. There were a lot of "Yes!" chants. A.J. interrupted to talk to Bryan about their problems. Bryan was in proper heel mode and said he wishes she had never been born. He left A.J. in the ring crying.

1. Natalya beat A.J. by DQ. A.J. snapped and attacked Natalya. A.J. was disqualified for ignoring the ref's count while attacking her in the corner. Natalya bled and the paramedics had to clean it up with towels. It looked like hard way blood.

Damien Sandow was shown on the big screen and he delivered a speech.

2. Brodus Clay (w/Hornswoggle) beat Hunico (w/Camacho). A squash match. Brodus won with a big splash. Afterward, Hornswoggle hit the tadpole splash. Everyone loves Brodus, as he and Hornswoggle were super over. Hunico got some respectable heat when he came out too.

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young were shown backstage with Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis confirmed that they have been signed to Smackdown.

Matt Striker interviewed Randy Orton backstage. They recapped his problems with Kane. Orton revealed that they will meet in a Falls Count Anywhere match at Extreme Rules.

3. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young defeated The Uso Brothers. Titus got the pin for his team after a tag team finisher that was similar to the Hart Attack Clothesline, only with Young jumping off the top rope before hitting the clothesline.

4. Alberto Del Rio pinned Big Show in a non-title match. Big pops for both wrestlers. Cody Rhodes ran in and hit Show with the Beautiful Disaster kick while the referee was distracted. Show was mad and went after Cody, who escaped through the crowd.

5. Ryback beat Danny Merman. Ryback won the squash with the same finisher he's been using. He received no reaction and got some boos as the match went on. The crowd seemed to feel sorry for the local wrestler. Ryback looks intense. He just doesn't connect with the audience.

William Regal and Teddy Long were shown backstage. Teddy has been dressed beefeater and isn't allowed to speak. Antiono Cesaro was introduced to John Laurinaitis, who took him inside his office to discuss a contract. Aksana was also with Laurinaits and the story is that Johnny is hiring new talent for Smackdown.

The six-man tag main event match introductions started. Cody Rhodes attacked The Great Khali. Khali limped back to the locker room.

6. Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Big Show defeated Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, and Cody Rhodes. It was going to be a handicap match, but Big Show came out to take Khali's place. Shemaus took the beatdown from the heels early on. It was a lengthy match with the faces each eventually taking beatings from the heels. There were a lot of "Yes!" and "We Want Bryan" and even some "Bryan Sucks" chants. Orton hit the RKO on Henry and pinned him to win the match.

Sounds like fun.

Why is Tyler Reks wrestling Curt Hawkins? I thought after they appeared in the background at Wrestlemania/the Raw after the team was ready to take on the world? Now are they splitting up? :(

It was a "loser gets fired" match set up by William Regal. He then fired them both anyway.

• Paid Members

I was at this how and it was fun, my girlfriend isn't a wrestling fan but she scored some free tickets and took me. I enjoyed getting 2 bonus matches after the Smackdown main event, wasn't particularly thrilled about Big Show doing double duty and would've preferred someone else in the SD main event but the tag match was still fun. Highlights of the night for me were the Randy Orton vs Kane no holds barred match which was a nice surprise, seeing Ryback kill that kid and seeing Sheamus in the flesh for the first time.

Lillian Garcia falling was great and I'm sure Alberto Del Rio nearly crashed into the crowd when he did his entrance.

Cody Rhodes must be a good heel because my girlfriend hated him despite never seeing wrestling before but she popped hardest for Percy Watson so what does she know?

Why is Tyler Reks wrestling Curt Hawkins? I thought after they appeared in the background at Wrestlemania/the Raw after the team was ready to take on the world? Now are they splitting up? :(

It was a "loser gets fired" match set up by William Regal. He then fired them both anyway.

Bugger. So NXT has lost Young,O Neill, Hawkins and Reks in one night? Young and O Neill's pursuit of Tamina was great, and Reks and Hawkins have been really good as well. Fingers crossed the latter team come back soon and avoid the annual Spring Clean Releasathon!

Bugger. So NXT has lost Young,O Neill, Hawkins and Reks in one night? Young and O Neill's pursuit of Tamina was great, and Reks and Hawkins have been really good as well. Fingers crossed the latter team come back soon and avoid the annual Spring Clean Releasathon!

NXT is obviously bringing up some more FCW guys or it is coming to an end! :(

• Paid Members

A fun show live, seeing Antonio Cesaro wrestling and then appearing on smackdown too was good, Regal was great on NXT.

Smackdown was good when the few stars were on show - Daniel Bryan in the opening segment, Show vs Del Rio, the six man tag and Orton vs Kane dark main event. The Brodus and Ryback squashes were alright, though I'd have preferred to see Hunico in a proper match, I really rate him.

Longest matches on the show were the six man tag at 14 minutes, Orton vs Kane at 10 minutes, and Percy Watson vs Johnny Curtis at 8 minutes. Curtis does LOTS of chinlocks, but the crowd got into that match by the end.

Glad I went, I only decided to go that afternoon.

Archived