Smackdown from London spoilers

The Dart

I pray NXT is coming to an end. It completely sucked the life out of the crowd last night, its just a complete joke of a show that WWE clearly don't give a crap about so why should I? It was torture to watch. I had people around me wondering what on earth happend to Smackdown, people who did know were trying to explain the show and wrestlers but they were getting names wrong (percy walker being one example)

Smackdown tapings were a major disappointment after Raw was quite good live the night before. Lesson learned I think, I will only attend raw tapings in the future.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a fun show which I enjoyed more than last years tv taping.

NXT was horrible once again though, most of the show was pretty much taped in silence.

Smackdown was good though live, it was the Daniel Bryan show which was fine with me, the opening promo was really good and he is coming across like a star.

Most of the matches were short but I enjoyed Del Rio/Show and the 6 man tag was a decent match.

Was really suprised we got the 2 dark matches, Kane/Orton was good and the Bryan squash was all good fun.

Overall a good night out.

• Paid Members
about 2/3 to 3/4 tarped off. Plus the middle sky box type sections were mostly empty not sure if thats normal or not

most of those are for corporate schmoozing, WWE isn't really the thing you take clients to to impress them.

I was in one of the boxes for smackdown, it was awesome.

I found this show to be the worst WWE event I've attended in the ten years I've been going to the tours. Saying that I enjoyed myself and there was a lot of redeeming features in amongst the shite.

Redeeming Features

-Really enjoyed Mahal vs Tatsu for some reason. Normally I'm nonplussed by both but I was actually quite impressed by the match, some innovative stuff going on.

-Bryan is a star. His promo was as good as I've seen from him in WWE, and AJ also continued to show why she might be the best diva WWE has. Even when the lights went down with her still in the ring so they could show a video on the tron, she was still acting all the way looking distraught over what Bryan had said.

-The six-man tag, Del Rio vs Show and Orton against Kane were all cracking bouts. I was surprised Kane was there considering he didn't surface during taped portion of the show, but him and Randy went all out in their no-DQ match.

-RYYYYYYYYYYBACK! RYYYYYYYYYYBACK! RYYYYYYYYBACK! Love this guy, absolute monster.

-Teddy Long's awful facial expression when Aksana was taunting him.

-Titus O'Neil conducts himself like a star. Haven't seen him since his godawful, smiley babyface "Make It A Win" phase but he came across really well last night.

-Was nice to see Antonio Cesaro.

Shite

-NXT. I just don't understand the love for it at all. It's a bunch of campy nonsense that not even Regal could save. Watson vs Curtis was ok but it was hard to be arsed about two completely dull, colourless robots with no characters. What happened to Percy Watson's "Showtime" character? I loved that!

-Hornswoggle needs to fuck off. Saying that, I'm probably just a smarky smark smark as the crowd went mental for him. Shame Hunico didn't get a proper match with someone though, was hoping he'd be on Superstars.

-So many nonentities. After sitting through NXT and Superstars, the first half of Smackdown were all really low-level guys bar the Bryan promo. It seemed like an absolute age until the real stars showed up. When I've already been "treated" to Tyler Reks, Curt Hawkins, Johhny Curtis, Percy Watson and Maxine the last thing I need is the fucking Usos.

Overall it was a fun night, but it was dragged down by the fact it took two hours for the stars to show up.

• Paid Members
Danny Mermen = Danny Garnell?

I doubt it if he's being described as skinny and from Incester. Danny's accent would give it away :D

I wish it was Garnell. You'd have a better promo: "Ryback, I think you're just a prick"

I can tell you with some confidence that Ryback's flavour of kindling this week is my mate Jim. Wrestler name is Jimmy Meadows and is probably Robbie's brightest student. I haven't been there for a year but even then he was a real talent. Only 19 and, as some have said, he's athletic as opposed to blench (see; bloody hench). He takes a great bump, though, so it should be fun.

More on Cesaro

FCW star Antonio Cesaro, formerly known as Claudio Castagnoli, will make his WWE TV debut this Friday night on SmackDown, taped on Tuesday in London.

Cesaro appears in a backstage segment with Aksana. She introduces him to Teddy Long as her new friend, a European Rugby player. Cesaro had a meeting set up with John Laurinaitis and was welcomed into his office by SmackDown's new General Manager.

• Paid Members

I can tell you with some confidence that Ryback's flavour of kindling this week is my mate Jim. Wrestler name is Jimmy Meadows and is probably Robbie's brightest student. I haven't been there for a year but even then he was a real talent. Only 19 and, as some have said, he's athletic as opposed to blench (see; bloody hench). He takes a great bump, though, so it should be fun.

Just watching Smackdown now, and I thought it was him, so I texted IrishDave (TAFKA Dave Beaste on here) for confirmation. Obviously he was at Wrestleleicester waaaay after I left but Dave's spoken pretty highly of him in the past. Says he's actually pretty shredded for his bulk too (see: Bourne, Evan, or for a more Britwres example, Smith, Ashton). He works for All Star and Premier quite a bit.But yeah, it's Ryback's best squash so far, because Jimmy bumps like a madman. Just gets chucked around the whole time. It's great.EDIT: Watched the whole thing now. Fun show. The main event was the standout for me. Orton was at his super-crisp best (that little look up before the powerslam on Bryan was ace), Show and Henry were taking huge bumps for each other and the finish was pretty neat too. Thumbs up!

Archived