"You see, my mule don't like people laughing...."

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I too have started watching Rawhide, it's a fun way to waste an hour. Decent easy to follow Western stories with good actors. Weird seeing Eastwood so young though.

I'm just sittting down to watch another now. It's on TCM 2 (318) right now if anyone's interested.

It's on every day Richie, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Fine way to waste a long student's summer.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ending is fine. Because the show got cancelled it doesn't have a big ending that ties the story up but I thought it was acceptable enough. The ending fits the story and you shouldn't be dissappointed.

Also season 3 has the best fight in the history of movies and film in it. So watch it.

Agreed. Never got the bitching over the ending, it's fine and in many ways quite appropriate. It's certainly less contentious than Sopranos, or Seinfeld, and you wouldn't NOT watch those series as a result.

Recently re-watched Keoma, Franco Nero of Django fame plays a half Indian who comes back from God knows where to confront his evil half brothers, a classic with great slo mo, a haunting soundtrack and some beautiful visuals, if you have the chance watch it.

Speaking of Deadwood has anyone watched Hell on Wheels? and is it any good?

• Paid Members
Recently re-watched Keoma, Franco Nero of Django fame plays a half Indian who comes back from God knows where to confront his evil half brothers, a classic with great slo mo, a haunting soundtrack and some beautiful visuals, if you have the chance watch it.

Speaking of Deadwood has anyone watched Hell on Wheels? and is it any good?

I'm currently watching Hell on Wheels and yes it is very good. Takes an episode or two to fully get into it but Anson Mount and Colin Meaney are both great. The plot is basically Meaney trying to build the railroad in the face of many difficulties and him being a complete crook and Mount hunting down the men who killed his ex wife during the civil war.

• Paid Members

Anyone seen Breakheart Pass? I was surprised at just how good it was, it's almost like a western mystery. I reckon it's one of the best films Charles Bronson ever did. If you fancy a watch, it's here in its entirety:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PvV4KV0ehM

Archived