Long shots at getting a WWE contract.

diamond_dust

After reading another thread I started thinking about how since Triple H has been in some official power there's been a rise in Indy name guys who's ring work is actually better than their promos (even if a lot of them are already pretty well rounded and can do both). So I started thinking about how much of a big fan Triple H is of the old NWA, how he's said many times he's wanted to do War Games matches but Vince shoots it down because it's a WCW idea etc and that reminded me of the MLW war games. When you really think about it there's actually a lot of similarities between Triple H and Steve Corino so is his age the only thing that stops Triple H from signing him? I would guess that if Corino was 10 years younger he might be given a shot these days.

He worked a dark match last year which I would imagine was Triple H's idea so theres obviously some conversation between WWE and Corino, so for that reason my outside shot at a WWE run one day is Colby. While I haven't seen much of Colby's work there's obviously hints of his dad in there and following the same path as many of those who are in FCW today with trips to Japan already under his belt I think one day this kid who isn't even 16 yet will be showing up on Raw or Smackdown.

Anyone else got any suggestions for the roster of tomorrow who doesn't seem that likley today?

• Paid Members
Jay Lethal?

Considering they did sign Consequences Creed, I'd say Jay Lethal is a prety good shout, going by the actual idea of the thread.

How about Magnus from TNA? He'd be a fine fit for the WWE style, I'd say.

• Paid Members

Funnily enough I went shopping today with Mrs Punk and the kids and returned to my car to find a flyer featuring fatty Corino's mug on it. Urgh. I don't think I will ever find a flyer for local wrestling with HHH on the front, so I'd say they aren't alike.

I'm gobsmacked at the OP's chain of thought, and the need to include it within their post. I'm still not sure what this thread is actually about.

Archived