Mick Foley on sky sports news

bboy

Decent interview with Mick. I thought that he came across well. Potential spoiler for anyone who's not watched Raw yet:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Foley to be guest referee for Undertaker/Trips at WrestleMania? He did talk about losing to both guys in Hell In A Cell when Jim White asked if he would be on the card. Hopefully not, but you never know.

Also I think I'm in love with Natalie Sawyer :love:

I didn't say that he would or should be guest referee. I just posed the question of whether it could happen or not. And I don't think that it would happen (and it definetely should not happen), but it's not entirely unrealistic of the WWE to throw in another big name in the mix, especially during WrestleMania season.

• Paid Members
Why is everyone so obsessed with having a special guest referee in this match, first it was HBK, now its Foley. If anything it would be a distraction!

People are probably talking about it, because thats what the plan is and Shawn Michaels is as involved in this storyline as both of them. He's already been on TV and was referenced in the very sentence that wound Triple H up to the point that he accepted the Undertaker's challenge. He's also advertised for several Raw's (including the go home show).

Also, he was in the first Cell match with the Undertaker. And everyone wants to see Michaels at Mania, and it would put the result in doubt with the thought that he might screw Undertaker. There's a million reasons why HBK would be the right fit for this match.

Also, he was in the first Cell match with the Undertaker.

Don't forget that he's been in the cell with Trips too. The one thing that Foley would have in relation to the match, Shawn has and far, far more. I'm not bothered whether he IS the special guest ref or not, but if he is it'd make way more sense than Mick.

I didn't say that he would or should be guest referee. I just posed the question of whether it could happen or not. And I don't think that it would happen (and it definetely should not happen), but it's not entirely unrealistic of the WWE to throw in another big name in the mix, especially during WrestleMania season.

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you or anything, it was just because i've heard it all mentioned a bunch of times.

I really don't want either Foley or HBK involved. For me the story isn't in Michaels screwing HHH or Taker, its in whether or not Undertaker can beat Triple H again, the streak is under threat and thats the story for me anyway, not HBK helping or hindering his buddy. I'm happy enough to have Michaels about warning, cheering on HHH<

• Paid Members
The best role for Foley at Wrestlemania is for him to mince about backstage with Regal, Goldust, Big Dust and JBL and for Ron Simmons to come in and say "Damn".

It would indeed, but chances are it will end up being Foley as Mr. super face trying to sell a book back stage with Santino falling over or something, that dwarf shit thing running between some C list American actors legs and Ron Simmons saying "Damn" (after a silly long pause due him looking around all curious/bewildered and the delivery of the word "Damn" being pronounced correctly but poorly executed).

Before the Rumble it seemed like they could go with Dolph vs Foley.

Dolph was saying it was a joke Foley was thinking of going into the Rumble. Would have made sense for Foley to eliminate Dolph - only for Dolph to eliminate Foley (just had Angle done to Michaels in 05 setting up their match nicely) I think even today battered and fucked up, Foley could have gotten Dolph up to the next level. He has the talent, but he isn't there yet and Foley has a good track record of helping people in that position out (HHH, Orton, Edge)

There was clear chemistry between the two so I think this could still happen.

• Paid Members

Foley doesn't look to have a good match in him at the minute. He's well overweight and the poor cunts hips and knees are shot. He cant even put his own socks on, if you watched Wife Swap with him. He wasn't having good matches in TNA. In 2012, with no blood, no weapons and the limit his body will put on the stunts, I cant see him doing anything other than a match like he did with Carlito a few years ago, if he were to have real match in the near future. Foley, now more than ever, looks like his body is fucked. I thought the most logical thing was to have him as Santino's tag partner or something and have them win the belts, but that storyline looks over.

I cant see him anywhere near a match on the card, personally. All the legends spots are taken up on the card anyway.

On the subject of Foley I went along to his comedy show last night, was a great evening, very good support acts with good wrestling jokes and Foley was great aswell and seems to be getting more and more comfortable.

I got the new Wrestlemania magazine signed and he was reading it, he used it later in his act and asked if he could borrow it and I couldnt get the page open quick enough :rolleyes: .

Great evening and Foley was a class act to meet aswell, for

Archived