WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I think the year long buildup has helped give this years main event a special, big time feeling, that a lot of the recent Mania's have lacked so I definitely don't mind if they do that again. I too would love to see Cena/Taker next year, though they might leave that match for 30.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Austin's not going to be working the third match of WrestleMania for his comeback. Austin will be the main event. Anything less, and its absolutely pointless bringing him back. You cant bring Austin back and hide him away. What would the point in bringing him back be?

I'd be interested in seeing Austin vs Lesnar. I honestly dont want to see Undertaker vs Lesnar. I love Undertaker, but I really cant stomach him and Lesnar having a feud. That big purple light on the Undertaker and Brock doing shit promos is something I'd not look forward to every week. What would the basis be? "You used to be in UFC!!! And you nearly died! And I wear MMA gloves and I am actually dead! Fancy a fight, mate?" Lesnar and Undertaker doesnt appeal to me at all. And I'm easily pleased. Austin and Lesnar's characters are at least ... human! And both play a hardman, angry weird shaped head roll well. If Austin's coming back and they are bringing Lesnar back, thats the match they need to do. Lesnar hasnt wrestled in years and neither has Austin. Ands its never been done. Thats a good sell job to start with.

This what I thought Rock beats Cena this year in front of a home crowd with a heelish srewjob (obviously involving Shaq) and then goes off to make movies while Cena can bury him on tv until he comes back for a rematch next year if it is a success.

I'm pretty sure Shaq's off to China to do promotional work for Yao Ming and the NBA from Wednesday onwards for a week or two.

I think they are committed to the Rock/Cena feud even with a years worth of build it still feels a long way from getting really nasty. The WM 27 main event built to WM 28, the main event of WM 28 will build to WM29 a match in a semi main event to Austin or Lesnar as the main draw. Cena/Rock the rematch. Cena can't win this in my opinion what would happen then, The Rock would try again in New Jersey or have a completely new beef and dream match with only a years worth of sporadic appearances. There were reports that the Undertaker was in better shape than previously thought, I would hope Taker could make it to WM30 where he should face Cena. Is the Rock still slated to be at Summerslam still and will he be wrestling?

• Paid Members

Alberto and Mystero are the best bets. And the ones that make the most sense. You need star power on the teams. Mysterio would probably make the Teddy Long team have far more star power, considering he knocks stripes off the other 11 blokes in the match. Rey's a big deal. It'll really add to the match if he's in it.

Archived