WWE considering cruiserweight-exclusive show for WWE network

Snitsky's back acne

One of the new shows being developed for the upcoming WWE Network will exclusively feature Cruiserweight wrestlers, according to a report by pwinsider.com.

WWE has been scouring the independent scene looking for talents weighting around 200 pounds that will be featured on the new show.

We reported several weeks ago that WWE held a pilot TV taping at Florida's Sunlife University back in December for an undisclosed project. WWE reportedly love the feel of the building and is looking to film the new cruiserweight show there.

As of this week, the plan is still for WWE to launch the Network this fall.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They wouldn't spring for separate ECW tapings, but they will just for a Cruiserweight Youtube show? Seems a bit odd.

Its for the WWE Network, not YouTube.

And it's not odd at all. ECW was just a victim of timing. If the WWE Network was around at the time, then maybe they would of put ECW onto the WWE Network.

This makes a lot of sense. The WWE (rightfully in my opinion) couldn't dedicate an entire cruiserweight division on Smackdown or Raw, because they couldn't do it justice. But NOW WWE have to fill an entire network with (ideally) original programming. If there is a niche appeal for cruiserweight wrestlers, then they should cater for it since they are now in a position to do so.

Plus its a great way to make some money out of your up and coming younger talent and bridge the gap between indy talent and the WWE.

Hopefully they pull this off. :)

• Paid Members

Yeah, sorry, with the new Youtube stuff happening this week I assumed this was part of that and didn't read it properly. Although with the way the plans for the network seem to be going, there's a decent shot it might end up on Youtube anyway...

The WWE (rightfully in my opinion) couldn't dedicate an entire cruiserweight division on Smackdown or Raw, because they couldn't do it justice.

That's not really true though is it. The cruiserweight division isn't around because the cruiserweights are the main eventers battling over the main belts.

Doubt this when both world champions are cruiser weights, why would they draw attention to smaller size given wee's big is best mentality. Imagine this will be more to do with taping fcw there instead of current hall used.

The WWE have never taken Cruiserweight wrestling seriously and over the years have made very half arsed attempts at creating a credible division.

WWE already have existing talent that would fit in perfectly within the Cruiserweight style but like with most WWE ideas they are there the one minute and gone the next.

I hope they bring in Super Porky like the last time they tried to do a Cruiserweight Division.

and his big ham! I so wanted to see him wrestle when they had the "juniors" matches, but he never got a match.

You should watch his CMLL work. You wouldn't be so quick to want to see him in a match then. Although admittedly it's quite nice how he tries to do things he simply shouldn't try to do, botches them, and then his opponent tries to nicely cover it up because its Porky. And his dance moves are...astounding...

I hope they bring in Super Porky like the last time they tried to do a Cruiserweight Division.

and his big ham! I so wanted to see him wrestle when they had the "juniors" matches, but he never got a match.

You should watch his CMLL work. You wouldn't be so quick to want to see him in a match then. Although admittedly it's quite nice how he tries to do things he simply shouldn't try to do, botches them, and then his opponent tries to nicely cover it up because its Porky. And his dance moves are...astounding...

I've seen a little of his CMLL stuff. It's a miracle he never killed a fellow midget with his splash. I just wanted to see him use his ham as a foreign object

Archived