WWE considering cruiserweight-exclusive show for WWE network

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be shite probably.

The whole attraction of the cruiserweight division, similar to hardcore, minis, and even tag nowadays, is that it's something different; a little diversion or bit of light relief to bring variety to shows and give the fans something a little bit different. Fill a whole show with all that and the novelty won't be long in wearing off.

I thought we'd all already decided they should just do a mini show?

I thoroughly concur. WWE's own version of Kemonito is a must.

This is one of my favourite pieces of merch that I own!

Anyone remember that old WWF home video, "Biggest, Smallest, Strangest, Strongest"? I want to a weekly show like that - have midget matches, big man matches, crazy mixed tags, Attitude era-style hardcore matches (the kind they used to have over the Hardcore Title, throwaway fun), comedy, divas and high-flyers too. It can have some guys specific to this show/roster, but also borrow guys from Raw and Smackdown, and bring in some old-timers every now and then too.

Anyone remember that old WWF home video, "Biggest, Smallest, Strangest, Strongest"? I want to a weekly show like that - have midget matches, big man matches, crazy mixed tags, Attitude era-style hardcore matches (the kind they used to have over the Hardcore Title, throwaway fun), comedy, divas and high-flyers too.

But that's basically just a standard episode of wrestling anyway, apart from one or two of the details.

Anyone remember that old WWF home video, "Biggest, Smallest, Strangest, Strongest"? I want to a weekly show like that - have midget matches, big man matches, crazy mixed tags, Attitude era-style hardcore matches (the kind they used to have over the Hardcore Title, throwaway fun), comedy, divas and high-flyers too.

But that's basically just a standard episode of wrestling anyway, apart from one or two of the details.

It just needs everything to be emphasised and actually thought about - if you started slipping in Alex Riley vs JTG, then yeah, it's just the same old stuff. But if a little effort is put into planning it out, bringing in the right kind of people for the style of show and you could present something completely different. It would be all in the details, like you said.

WWE have a over midget who draws fans in. No reason not to build this show around Hornswoggle, and bring in minis from around the world to challenge him for his title of the biggest small star in the business. Porky vs Hornswoggle could be the Hulk vs. Andre of the Junior Division.

Draws fans into arenas that would already be going if he wasn

It just needs everything to be emphasised and actually thought about - if you started slipping in Alex Riley vs JTG, then yeah, it's just the same old stuff. But if a little effort is put into planning it out, bringing in the right kind of people for the style of show and you could present something completely different. It would be all in the details, like you said.

Like who? Alex Riley and JTG could hit each other over the head with stop signs as well as anyone from 2000 could, but they'd never be allowed to anyway because WWE doesn't want a repeat of Test and Crash Holly .

What you've described isn't different enough from a standard wrestling show to warrant another roster for it. They could fly in a midget to face Hornswoggle once a week anyway, they're never going to do substantial hardcore matches, and they've already got divas, comedy, high-flyers and big men matches as it is now. "Actually thought about" just implies more creative effort put in, and if they're going to put more creative effort into writing a wrestling show, they're more likely to do it for the proper shows than network filler. At least one would hope so.

• Paid Members

Like who? Alex Riley and JTG could hit each other over the head with stop signs as well as anyone from 2000 could, but they'd never be allowed to anyway because WWE doesn't want a repeat of Test and Crash Holly .

What you've described isn't different enough from a standard wrestling show to warrant another roster for it. They could fly in a midget to face Hornswoggle once a week anyway, they're never going to do substantial hardcore matches, and they've already got divas, comedy, high-flyers and big men matches as it is now. "Actually thought about" just implies more creative effort put in, and if they're going to put more creative effort into writing a wrestling show, they're more likely to do it for the proper shows than network filler. At least one would hope so.

They should do that... it's be cheap and easy.

Archived