Pro-Wrestling:EVE presents "No Man's Land" LIVE On iPPV

DannRead

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
ONLY?! TNA have Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Sting; broadcast on a major channel available everywhere in the US, broadcasting on actual television iPPV and they don't even consistently hit 8'000! ROH has some TV coverage but nowhere near to the level of TNA, doesn't have any disposable income.

TNA's PPV's are about $40 and you can see them every month, so their target isnt the same target as a ROH (who only asks for the price of one of their DVDs). For example, Chikara (who doesnt have the fanbase of ROH or half the internet based hype on the likes of the Observer site) drew 3,000 iPPV buys for a iPPV the month before the heavily hyped Final Battle PPV. My question was, if ROH considers 1,500 iPPV buys a disappointment, what is Pro Wrestling Eve's goal as far as what they are looking at.

ONLY?! TNA have Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Sting; broadcast on a major channel available everywhere in the US, broadcasting on actual television iPPV and they don't even consistently hit 8'000! ROH has some TV coverage but nowhere near to the level of TNA, doesn't have any disposable income.

TNA's PPV's are about $40 and you can see them every month, so their target isnt the same target as a ROH (who only asks for the price of one of their DVDs). For example, Chikara (who doesnt have the fanbase of ROH or half the internet based hype on the likes of the Observer site) drew 3,000 iPPV buys for a iPPV the month before the heavily hyped Final Battle PPV. My question was, if ROH considers 1,500 iPPV buys a disappointment, what is Pro Wrestling Eve's goal as far as what they are looking at.

TNA's audience and possible audience is much larger than that of ROH's so even with the price difference and amount of PPVs run I still think ROH should be REALLY pleased with that. I genuinely wonder whether or not people in the wrestling business have cottoned on to the fact that wrestling just isn't that popular anymore and that it's going to get worse? Honestly wonder if they're genuinely trying to compare their buys to something like 2005 DVD sales levels or whatever. I mean jeez I'm a wrestling promoter and I barely watch it.

In terms of "goals" like I said on Wrestle Talk TV its the first one so it's really hard to say a number especially when you're a new niche market product, obviously the more the merrier but lets see how the first one does and then lets make a play for a bigger number on the second and go from there. Its still early days for us yet having only promoted our first EVE show on May 8 2010, being European is a bit of a problem too and we're not ROH so it's not like I'm expecting for 1500 or anywhere near that obviously. To me this was more about bringing in a whole heap of new fans and exposing more people to the product so from that aspect I'm already really happy.

To me this was more about bringing in a whole heap of new fans and exposing more people to the product so from that aspect I'm already really happy.

Not sure what you would call a new fan but I've wanted to get to one of your shows for a while and haven't been able to and been meaning to pick up a DVD but it keeps getting pushed farer down my priority list so I was glad to see my 1st EVE show live from the comfort of my own home so in that case you have a new fan.

However as you would've gotten money off me at some point anyway and I've followed the product since the start in results threads, I wouldn't say that you've made a new fan from a PPV and I'm pretty sure that the majority of your buys would've come from 1 of 2 groups:

1) Fans of your product who've been to shows before but couldn't make this one or

2) People like myself in the IWC who are aware of you but due to the location of the shows can't make them and are probably already spending money on you anyway or were probably as likly to buy a DVD as the PPV if it had never happened.

In either case you're probably catering to your existing fan base rather than creating a new one which I really hope can be worth the expense of producing a live broadcast iPPV (I would definatly buy another but as mentioned it would probably be in place of buying a DVD). Unfortunatly it's going to be near impossible for a wrestling company, never mind a niche market UK based one, to create new fans from iPPV's when the only people you can appeal them too without an advertising budget blowing any potential profit made is to advertise to the IWC who are probably already aware or in magazines such as FSM which again is targeting the same audience.

Good luck though I really hope its paid off and it can be a continuing thing for UK based iPPV's from as many different companies as possible.

• Paid Members

To be honest, if they are being realistic with themselves, anything over 30 buys for this niche-within-a-niche-within-a-niche should have them doing cartwheels down the corridors of EVE manor.

1) Fans of your product who've been to shows before but couldn't make this one or

2) People like myself in the IWC who are aware of you but due to the location of the shows can't make them and are probably already spending money on you anyway or were probably as likly to buy a DVD as the PPV if it had never happened.

Except you've already said you've never actually bought an Eve DVD because it's down on your list of purchase priorities, but you did buy the iPPV, likely because it was something a bit different. 1 new customer right there.

Yeah, it's unlikely there were many (or any) buys from people who had never ever heard of Eve before. But as a way of getting, as an example, Shimmer fans based in America to sample the product, or UK fans who have been interested in the product but never quite tempted enough to spend money, I can only imagine it's been a success.

To me this was more about bringing in a whole heap of new fans and exposing more people to the product so from that aspect I'm already really happy.

Not sure what you would call a new fan but I've wanted to get to one of your shows for a while and haven't been able to and been meaning to pick up a DVD but it keeps getting pushed farer down my priority list so I was glad to see my 1st EVE show live from the comfort of my own home so in that case you have a new fan.

However as you would've gotten money off me at some point anyway and I've followed the product since the start in results threads, I wouldn't say that you've made a new fan from a PPV and I'm pretty sure that the majority of your buys would've come from 1 of 2 groups:

In either case you're probably catering to your existing fan base rather than creating a new one which I really hope can be worth the expense of producing a live broadcast iPPV (I would definatly buy another but as mentioned it would probably be in place of buying a DVD). Unfortunatly it's going to be near impossible for a wrestling company, never mind a niche market UK based one, to create new fans from iPPV's when the only people you can appeal them too without an advertising budget blowing any potential profit made is to advertise to the IWC who are probably already aware or in magazines such as FSM which again is targeting the same audience.

Good luck though I really hope its paid off and it can be a continuing thing for UK based iPPV's from as many different companies as possible.

Firstly thank you for purchasing the iPPV. I hope you enjoyed it.

To me a new customer is someone who hasn't purchased from us in the past. Naturally they have to be aware of us - we're still indie and niche but if they've never purchased a ticket or a DVD then yes they're a new customer. So from what we've seen thus far this has been VERY successful in bringing in new customers.

Again, thank you ever so much for your support, it really is appreciated and we really hope you enjoyed the show!

Except you've already said you've never actually bought an Eve DVD because it's down on your list of purchase priorities, but you did buy the iPPV, likely because it was something a bit different. 1 new customer right there.

Yeah, it's unlikely there were many (or any) buys from people who had never ever heard of Eve before. But as a way of getting, as an example, Shimmer fans based in America to sample the product, or UK fans who have been interested in the product but never quite tempted enough to spend money, I can only imagine it's been a success.

True. The ironic bit is that I actually had some money left over the week and it was 2nd on my list behind an old FWA DVD I was missing from my collection. I bought the FWA dvd and the EVE DVD money went on the PPV so the week I finally got around to it I still never bought the DVD :laugh:

I think I am what you would call a new fan. I've not been a fan of women's wrestling in general in the past, tending to dismiss it as little more than a glorified cat fight. But as a regular attender at Futureshock shows I've gotten to see a lot more of women's wrestling - especially since Dave introduced the Women's Championship - and I have to say that I have a lot more respect for the girls. They obviously work hard and train hard - following April Davids and Jenny Sjodin on fb is evidence of that. So on the basis of this new found respect and enjoyment I purchased the iPPV on Saturday night living far too many miles away to make it in person.

I was a bit worried to start with as I only had a blank screen and sound. I thought how fustrating it would be if I could only listen to the show and not see it. But eventually (later than it was meant to start) I got a picture. There were obvious technical glitches (bound to happen on the first one) and missed/late music cues which the MC, Jenna Ellison, did well to cope with, but it was the overall poor quality of the picture which disappointed me most. It did feel a bit like dial up, there were long pauses where you completely missed the middle section of a move until the picture "caught up" with the action - very fustrating! Would I buy another iPPV based on that experience? Probably not. The wrestling itself was really enjoyable and I would certainly go along to a show if it wasn't so far away but - you really need to sort out the technical side guys, women's wrestling deserves better!

I think I am what you would call a new fan. I've not been a fan of women's wrestling in general in the past, tending to dismiss it as little more than a glorified cat fight. But as a regular attender at Futureshock shows I've gotten to see a lot more of women's wrestling - especially since Dave introduced the Women's Championship - and I have to say that I have a lot more respect for the girls. They obviously work hard and train hard - following April Davids and Jenny Sjodin on fb is evidence of that. So on the basis of this new found respect and enjoyment I purchased the iPPV on Saturday night living far too many miles away to make it in person.

I was a bit worried to start with as I only had a blank screen and sound. I thought how fustrating it would be if I could only listen to the show and not see it. But eventually (later than it was meant to start) I got a picture. There were obvious technical glitches (bound to happen on the first one) and missed/late music cues which the MC, Jenna Ellison, did well to cope with, but it was the overall poor quality of the picture which disappointed me most. It did feel a bit like dial up, there were long pauses where you completely missed the middle section of a move until the picture "caught up" with the action - very fustrating! Would I buy another iPPV based on that experience? Probably not. The wrestling itself was really enjoyable and I would certainly go along to a show if it wasn't so far away but - you really need to sort out the technical side guys, women's wrestling deserves better!

As stated earlier we're sorry for the problems in the first half of the show with the stream. A lot of the tech problems with regards to set up couldn't really be helped by us, we employed the FWA lighting rig, screen set up etc and they were doing their best (NOBODY was working harder than Berry to get things moving) but it just didn't want to know for whatever reason. 10 mins before show time half the building lost power too - it was a case of what could go wrong did - but we got there in the end.

Not that this is an excuse but what happened to us is pretty much what happened to pretty much everyone else on their first iPPV. The only difference is where they got better by the 2nd and 3rd events we sorted it by the second half.

Have you watched the replays yet? To make up for the first half issues replays are available until midnight Friday so anyone who has purchased it can watch it without glitches etc until then. The quality you're watching on the replay is the usual quality we'd be broadcasting in.

Many thanks for your support

Archived