Pro-Wrestling:EVE presents "No Man's Land" LIVE On iPPV

DannRead

I don't think he's going to tell you that. It's his company. Private stuff. If he were me I'd not tell any fucker on a forum that. Not a sniff.

Fair point wasn't expecting him to tbh but just thought I'd try out of curiosity. Always been interested in what it'd take to be successful on the promoting side of British wrestling so worth a shot at a ballpark figure not an exact figure even if it was only a 1% chance of an answer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't think he's going to tell you that. It's his company. Private stuff. If he were me I'd not tell any fucker on a forum that. Not a sniff.

Fair point wasn't expecting him to tbh but just thought I'd try out of curiosity. Always been interested in what it'd take to be successful on the promoting side of British wrestling so worth a shot at a ballpark figure not an exact figure even if it was only a 1% chance of an answer.

It's probably a completely different kind of deal, but the Observer has previously mentioned that ROH's iPPV contract with GoFightLive! sees each of them take a 50/50 split of every iPPV buy. ROH provides the show, GFL handles the live broadcast. As such, every buy is 'profit' (on the iPPV side, at least), since there isn't a flat, single overhead or fee that needs to be covered before you hit profitability.

For ROH, 1,500 buys is like selling an extra 1,500 DVDs (very broad assumption that selling price for each DVD is a 100% mark up on unit production cost, i.e. DVD production cost is the same as the GFL % cut) or an extra 750 fans through the door (based on a $30 ticket). For a company the size of ROH, that's a huge deal.

It's easy to see why so many independent promotions are starting to consider iPPV since, provided the customer experience is up to scratch so as not to prevent repeat custom, a "low" amount of buys doesn't necessarily mean it is a failure.

• Paid Members
What happened to Holly Rocamora BTW?

Sometimes real life gets in the way of professional wrestling and Holly had to pull herself from the show late Thursday night because of that.

Shame, that. Just a one-off, presumably she will be back?

• Paid Members
I hope so. She seems lovely. Even made me download the $tew and Freaky podcast. And the one thing about her (which is what always makes a star out of someone) there is nobody else on the US or UK woman scene who looks like her. She has a great look.

I know next to nothing about the women's scenes over here or over there (aside from WWE) so maybe someone like Loki could confirm or deny this, but I agree that she has a pretty unique look.

I watched a couple of her matches on YouTube and I thought for someone brand new she did okay as well. She definitely has plenty to work with, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived