Pro-Wrestling:EVE presents "No Man's Land" LIVE On iPPV

DannRead

Being that this particular topic is no longer simply relevant to the UK, with this being the first live iPPV to emanate from the UK/Europe and potentially opening the doors for others to follow I thought this might be suitable for main forum discussion. By all means delete / remove if felt otherwise.

PRO-WRESTLING: EVE ANNOUNCES INTERNET PAY PER VIEW DEBUT!

Diva Dirt Presents Pro-Wrestling:EVE

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can already feel the ground rumbling, the anti-womens wrestling brigade is coming.

I am cautiously optimistic about this, I would be surprised if it gets a high buyrate in the UK since most people who would get it on iPPV will probably be there.

• Paid Members
I can already feel the ground rumbling, the anti-womens wrestling brigade is coming.

I am cautiously optimistic about this, I would be surprised if it gets a high buyrate in the UK since most people who would get it on iPPV will probably be there.

I actually agree with you here - I wouldn't expect a strong buy rate from this country since fans of the niche-niche-niche product are indeed likely to be in attendance live.

That's not to say the iPPV is a bad idea - it's actually a pretty good one. While there obviously has to be some outlay in terms of live editing, live on-screen graphics etc, the cost of producing and airing iPPVs is pretty minimal, as I understand it. As such, ANY buys you do get are extra income to the show. They are virtually the equivalent of seats sold at the show.

While I wouldn't expect much in the way of buys from the UK, I think the target audience for this is the types all around the world who buy SHIMMER DVDs etc. There must be enough of them buying DVDs to support that company, since it is still going, still producing shows and still putting out DVDs for people to buy. If they can tap into that market, it's all good.

I have been looking out with interest to see which would be the first UK or European wrestling promotion to offer iPPV, since it seems to be catching on in the US independent scene (ROH, DGUSA, Chikara, JCW, EVOLVE and CZW spring to mind, but I'm sure there are more). I would have thought it would have been IPW:UK, since it seems to be the natural progression from their current 'on demand' internet shows.

If anything, you've opened the gates with that comment.

I was wanting to make a last minute decision to take my fiancee to this..... So if we don't plan anything else that night, this would be a much cheaper alternative.

I have one question

will people be able to watch it after it has aird or do they have to watch it live?

otherwise it sounds very exciting! here's hoping it has better production than ROH ;)

There showings will be repeated for a limited time, yes.

Stop trolling you div.Personally I have never gotten around to watching any EVE (mainly been watching some 1979/80 AJW TV comps I got recently) but I hope this iPPV goes well for them.

I have one questionwill people be able to watch it after it has aird or do they have to watch it live?otherwise it sounds very exciting! here's hoping it has better production than ROH ;)

There showings will be repeated for a limited time, yes.
Good, I work funny hours and i'm nort even sure I'll be around that time.

I have a question too. Why is it not being streamed through a reputable iPPV site like GoFightLive?

There are many many reasons but firstly GFL are based in America, when they run their iPPV's it involves them being at the event themselves. It would therefore mean bringing them over here. Not happening for obvious reasons. In addition to that their percentage of the takings is rather high. Secondly with all due respect to GFL or any other wrestling company with outside interests I for the most part (especially when it comes to things like this) prefer to work with non-wrestling related professionals. There's no politics, no outside interests, they arrive, they do the job, they leave, they invoice, they're paid, they're done. So simple. Wrestling because of its financial nature involves a lot of people cutting a lot of corners but the outcome can end up being falling outs, misunderstandings, double crossings and all sorts. I've pretty much experienced all I can take of that. I'd rather fork out the extra

Archived