Pro-Wrestling:EVE presents "No Man's Land" LIVE On iPPV

DannRead

GFL? Nice initials. Sounds like my kind of promotion. I'd just like to congratulate Dann and everyone at Pro-Wrestling:EVE for becoming the first European promotion to appear on iPPV. Dann's a great friend of mine (it's actually 10 years ago this year that we first met, as fans at Revival) and I'm very proud of him for this achievement. I wish him and everyone at EVE every success. Also really looking forward to having Jenny Sjodin defend the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship on our upcoming XWA Goldrush show at Morecambe, just two weeks before the iPPV.Good for you sunshine!Greg LambertXWA Wrestling

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFL? Nice initials. Sounds like my kind of promotion. I'd just like to congratulate Dann and everyone at Pro-Wrestling:EVE for becoming the first European promotion to appear on iPPV. Dann's a great friend of mine (it's actually 10 years ago this year that we first met, as fans at Revival) and I'm very proud of him for this achievement. I wish him and everyone at EVE every success. Also really looking forward to having Jenny Sjodin defend the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship on our upcoming XWA Goldrush show at Morecambe, just two weeks before the iPPV.Good for you sunshine!Greg LambertXWA Wrestling

Cheers, mate! I should probably point out as my phone hasn't stopped ringing since we made this announcement that EVE is run by both myself and my wife Emily and she deserves just as much of the praise because it was her who made the initial communications etc. Everyone at Pro-Wrestling:EVE are really excited and looking forward to this and hope people who haven't seen European female wrestling of this high calibre before will take a a look and give it a shot :-)

I have a question too. Why is it not being streamed through a reputable iPPV site like GoFightLive?

There are many many reasons but firstly GFL are based in America, when they run their iPPV's it involves them being at the event themselves. It would therefore mean bringing them over here. Not happening for obvious reasons. In addition to that their percentage of the takings is rather high. Secondly with all due respect to GFL or any other wrestling company with outside interests I for the most part (especially when it comes to things like this) prefer to work with non-wrestling related professionals. There's no politics, no outside interests, they arrive, they do the job, they leave, they invoice, they're paid, they're done. So simple. Wrestling because of its financial nature involves a lot of people cutting a lot of corners but the outcome can end up being falling outs, misunderstandings, double crossings and all sorts. I've pretty much experienced all I can take of that. I'd rather fork out the extra

Also, when will the second half of the EVE title tournament from last Spring be released on DVD? Or the EVE v ICE shows? My cousin and I have all the DVDs up to that point and we would really like to purchase the rest.

I asked about the EVE V Ice shows on Twitter a couple of days ago, and according to the reply I got, the DVD's should be ready for the 18th February

Jenny Sjodin vs. Alpha Female ...... oh my god! oh my god!.... thats gonna be freaking AWFUL!

No reason why it should be but, even if it was, it's not designed to be a 'work-rate' match.Sjodin is the double-tough, dominant shoot fighter and Alpha is the unstoppable monster who has never suffered a clean loss in the history of EVE.It's the biggest 'draw' [as much as any womens match these days can be considered a 'draw'] EVE could promote at this particular point in time and I, for one, am intrigued to see what happens.

Alpha and Jenny are the most pushed stars in EVE so it makes sense, I don't think it will be the best match either has had and I hope there is more build to it. I would rather have seen Jenny against a heel like Shanna or Nikki Storm as I think Jenny came across as a face (or at a push, tweener) in EVE vs Ice Ribbon.

I have a question too. Why is it not being streamed through a reputable iPPV site like GoFightLive?

There are many many reasons but firstly GFL are based in America, when they run their iPPV's it involves them being at the event themselves. It would therefore mean bringing them over here. Not happening for obvious reasons. In addition to that their percentage of the takings is rather high. Secondly with all due respect to GFL or any other wrestling company with outside interests I for the most part (especially when it comes to things like this) prefer to work with non-wrestling related professionals. There's no politics, no outside interests, they arrive, they do the job, they leave, they invoice, they're paid, they're done. So simple. Wrestling because of its financial nature involves a lot of people cutting a lot of corners but the outcome can end up being falling outs, misunderstandings, double crossings and all sorts. I've pretty much experienced all I can take of that. I'd rather fork out the extra

Excellent, really looking forward to purchasing the DVDs! I've read a lot of lovely things about the EVE v ICE Ribbon shows and we are eager to watch them.As for the other, I wish you the best but unfortunately I won't be buying the iPPV. I've heard too many shady things about the DD site, and the woman who runs it is very rude and hateful towards wrestling fans who ask questions or dare to criticise anything. I don't want my money going towards her or Black Pants. Hopefully this draws some money, however, and you can put an iPPV on again hosted by another site in the future.Regardless, good luck to the women of EVE. It's a tremendous opportunity for them to show their best infront of a worldwide audience.

Excellent, really looking forward to purchasing the DVDs! I've read a lot of lovely things about the EVE v ICE Ribbon shows and we are eager to watch them.As for the other, I wish you the best but unfortunately I won't be buying the iPPV. I've heard too many shady things about the DD site, and the woman who runs it is very rude and hateful towards wrestling fans who ask questions or dare to criticise anything. I don't want my money going towards her or Black Pants. Hopefully this draws some money, however, and you can put an iPPV on again hosted by another site in the future.Regardless, good luck to the women of EVE. It's a tremendous opportunity for them to show their best infront of a worldwide audience.

I think I know who this is but it's all good in the hood as the children of Dre say. With regards to money going towards BP or DD t's quite the opposite hence why they're our lead sponsor. It would be a bit odd for a company to pay for a sponsor. The money earned goes towards EVE thus subsequent shows. I can't say for sure if future potential iPPV's would be on DD or not because obviously as a business if you have sponsors that help keep your business afloat then obviously you work with your sponsors but no plans have been made with anyone past our Feb 18 iPPV.Thanks for the kind words about the product.

I think I know who this is but it's all good in the hood as the children of Dre say. With regards to money going towards BP or DD t's quite the opposite hence why they're our lead sponsor. It would be a bit odd for a company to pay for a sponsor. The money earned goes towards EVE thus subsequent shows. I can't say for sure if future potential iPPV's would be on DD or not because obviously as a business if you have sponsors that help keep your business afloat then obviously you work with your sponsors but no plans have been made with anyone past our Feb 18 iPPV.Thanks for the kind words about the product.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum in terms of writing but I've been following it for quite long. I like women's wrestling, but I don't knwo EVE well, see the pictures of the 2 girls and they both look mean and tough, who's the face and who's the heel? What are their characters? I suppose this last question got answered earlier in the thread, one is a monster the other one a shooter, a bit like Goldberg (Or Rhyno, or whoever else you want) vs Tazz in a way, is that correct?Cheers!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum in terms of writing but I've been following it for quite long. I like women's wrestling, but I don't knwo EVE well, see the pictures of the 2 girls and they both look mean and tough, who's the face and who's the heel? What are their characters? I suppose this last question got answered earlier in the thread, one is a monster the other one a shooter, a bit like Goldberg (Or Rhyno, or whoever else you want) vs Tazz in a way, is that correct?Cheers!

Hello,Technically Sjodin is/was a heel, as she was part of the villainous faction created by Jetta last year, but due to her performances over the EVE/Ice Ribbon weekend she became a crowd favourite. Alpha will destroy anyone, but generally gets fan support and is booked against heels so I guess you could say she's a babyface.Sjodin is a hybrid-athlete. She is legitimately a medal winning amateur wrestler. Alpha kills people.As Gorilla Monsoon used to say 'It's the irresistable force meeting the immovable object'.

Archived