That Superstar Look.

K-BOW-88

Easy thread. In your opinion, who in the WWE/TNA/WCW has/had the Superstar look. That 'aura' that drew you in to the character. That 'star look.' Pick your top 5 and explain why. Here's mine:

5) Shaemus. Relatively new charatcer. But still, hes ginger and as white as snow. He stands out immediately. Plus he's a big fella. I personally believe WWE are lining him up to be a major player as a babyface. The next star.

4) Randy Savage Randy Savage was a huge draw in the cartoon world of wrestling in WWE in the 1980's. He's bright attire spings to mind aswell. Not only that, but his style differed to that of Hogan or Warrior. He was a high flying wrestler, a fantastic technical performer. Plus he was just plain cool.

3) Ric Flair -Argueably the greatest of all time. The godfather of wrestling. His mutlicoloured robes, white slic hair, his money, fame and success. You wanted to be Ric Flair. 80 % of the WWE lockeroom are inspired from Flair. A man of much charisma.

2)Stone Cold I wouldn't want to mess with the toughest SOB. He looks like a tough, mean bastard. A convincing bad ass. One of the greatest draws ever. The guy who kickstart and helped cary the 'attitude era boom.'

1) Hulk Hogan Who else would it be? The greatest babyface of the 80's and the greatest heel of the 90's. Red and Yellow in the 80's, black and white in the 90's. A tanned 300 pound 6 foot 6 unit. Everyone says Jake the Snake was the master of crowd physcology. I believe its this man. He still has it today. BROTHA! Hulk was, is and will forever be the MAN.

Honourable mentions (for the sake of it):

The Rock - Good looking guy, 275 pounds, 6'4.

The Ulitmate Warrior- Bright attire, another big guy. Energetic.

Bret Hart- Who else has Pink attire and can pull it off?

Triple H - His entrance is amazing. Another big fella.

Sting - Fantastic performer. A true great.

John Cena- The modern day Hogan in terms of what he represents to kids and PG.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know this is about the "look" in general and not just the entrance, but for me that's where it all starts. They have to have that aura from the moment they come out of the curtain, so that's probably what I think of most when making my choices.5. Triple HBig name heavy entrance theme, massive crowd reaction whether heel or baby, comes out of the chute looking so pumped up he's ready to explode out of his skin. Stands on the apron surveying the crowd, ripped to fuck, managing to make gobbing some water in the air look cool. Gets up on the turnbuckles and virtually goes "ROAR!!!" in a manner that makes you realize he's a big fucking deal.4. Steve AustinNo fucking nonsense. Marched to the ring like he was ready to raise hell and beat the shit out of whoever got in his path, perma-volatile nutcase. Half the time I expected him to attack the Fink just for shits and giggles. BMF.3. Bill GoldbergStood in the entrance way with pyro going off all around him, snarling like a beast. Imposing armageddon entrance music for an imposing armageddon wrestler - looked like he was going to smash you to pieces then proceded to do so.2. Ric FlairRic Flair's entrance screams "big deal" to people who don't follow wrestling. Coming down in his shiny robe, usually with a shiny belt around his waist, to THAT music, makes you sit up and think "that right there, that's the man."1. Hulk HoganCame to the ring in his pomp like he owned the building and everything in it. He was right.

Erik Rowan in FCW is one of the few of the current crop of talent who's look really blew me away. I mean, he's a viking for fucks sake. Hopefully he'll be on WWE tv soon.

...are you joking air_raid? I haven't seen any of his matches or anything, but just a quick look at his FCW profile he looks like a comedy ginger. I don't see him doing much! His tights are also shit and he is tubby...where exactly is the star quality?

Erik Rowan in FCW is one of the few of the current crop of talent who's look really blew me away. I mean, he's a viking for fucks sake. Hopefully he'll be on WWE tv soon.

...are you joking air_raid? I haven't seen any of his matches or anything, but just a quick look at his FCW profile he looks like a comedy ginger. I don't see him doing much! His tights are also shit and he is tubby...where exactly is the star quality?
I love that you blamed Air Raid for that one haha. I dunno, I think he looks badass, one mans trash is another mans treasure and all that. If Sheamus can be a succesful ginner surely that guy can? He's an enormous Norwegian motherfucker. A wrestlers look to me needs to tell you exactly what theyre about as soon as you look at them and he has that for me.

I love that you blamed Air Raid for that one haha. I dunno, I think he looks badass, one mans trash is another mans treasure and all that. If Sheamus can be a succesful ginner surely that guy can? He's an enormous Norwegian motherfucker. A wrestlers look to me needs to tell you exactly what theyre about as soon as you look at them and he has that for me.
OOOH sorry, don't know why, I though air_raid had posted that! Must have saw he poted something then replied :(if he rocked it in the ring then i'm all for it though, love to have a Viking character in wrestling these days!

OOOH sorry, don't know why, I though air_raid had posted that! Must have saw he poted something then replied :(if he rocked it in the ring then i'm all for it though, love to have a Viking character in wrestling these days!
I think thats why I thought he looked cool, theres no OTT characters any more like there was back in the 90's/90's when you had the likes of The Warlord and The Barbarian, it was the kind of thing I liked when I was a kid and I just though "Shit, that looks cool".

• Paid Members

From the present day top 5:1) Dolph Ziggler - The guy is all round money, from the hair to the smile to the abs to the attire, he just looks like he should be main eventing. I don't know if you can say a guy thats had a world title reign is on course to be the break out star of 2012, but if you can then it will definately be him as it's all falling into place for him now looks and in ring work wise.2) John Morrison - If they'd put him in some better gear (I always thought he should've continued the HBK post 2004 look) he'd of looked the complete package. What really let him down was the fact he seems to just promote boredom every time he speaks and has a crazy current/ex girlfriend. 3) Bobby Rode - Great cocky heel look to him right now. Definately the face of the promotion for TNA for all the right reasons. Guy just screams potential.4) Randy Orton - Always looked like a true superstar. Went from good looks and cocky to looking quite like a young but grizzled vetran, that shouldn't be fucked with. 5) Tyler Reks - I sometimes wish they would do more with him, he had the potential to be something great when he returned and looked like an absolute nutcase, shame they stuck him in some weird S & M looking trunks and sent him off to Superstars instantly. Definate bad ass heel if he wasn't so soft spoken.

5. Dolph Ziggler - I think Dolph has an incredible physique, great body, and most importantly a face you just want to punch. He may not be the biggest wrestler but I'd put his look up against anyone else's right now. 4. Goldberg- He just looks like a killer. First time you see him you just stare in awe. Looking like a brick shit house is one thing but a brick shit house that will run over your dog and rape your guinea pig is something else.3. Ultimate Warrior- Running to the ring with all those colours flowing behind him it was just something else to behold. A wild crazy man who could never stop charging around.2. Mark Henry- Little different, but you want a superstar to look bigger than everyone else, and in a heel for him to look vicious and borderline sociopathic. Henry has emulated his recently, he geuninely looks like he will crush somebody to death. 1. Rock- Larger than life in more ways than one. He just comes across as a demi-god on earth. Even clothed he looks like a greek myth.

Archived