Red Dwarf

PSF

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just to add to the asto navs debate. Isn't this a different Rimmer from Series 1-7? I would have to assume this is Series 8 Rimmer after he dies on the ship as the other went off to become Ace Rimmer

Except they've referred strongly to the fact that it was this Rimmer that didn't fix the drive plates properly, thus killing the crew. That didn't happen in series 8, and this Rimmer wouldn't have remembered it happening. Seems like they've either ignored the last series, or just not bothered worrying as per usual and carried on with confusing people.

• Paid Members
Just to add to the asto navs debate. Isn't this a different Rimmer from Series 1-7? I would have to assume this is Series 8 Rimmer after he dies on the ship as the other went off to become Ace Rimmer

Except they've referred strongly to the fact that it was this Rimmer that didn't fix the drive plates properly, thus killing the crew. That didn't happen in series 8, and this Rimmer wouldn't have remembered it happening. Seems like they've either ignored the last series, or just not bothered worrying as per usual and carried on with confusing people.

When Dwarf was rebuilt (along with the crew, including Rimmer of course), is it possible that the fault with the drive plates was also replicated, of which Rimmer himself didn't fix a second time around? Then again you would also have to ignore whatever seemed to have happened a the end of series 8.

Adding into this stuff, this Rimmer is a hard light hologram. The hard light technology was obtained from Legion in series 6 (was it?), and Red Dwarf had/has a soft light projection unit........so how is he hard light again?

We still don't know what happened between Series 8 and 10 though, do we. So, it doesn't really matter what happens in series 10, because we don't know what's happened to get them to how they are now. Last we saw of them Red Dwarf was exploding and Kochanski was with them.

• Paid Members
When Dwarf was rebuilt (along with the crew, including Rimmer of course), is it possible that the fault with the drive plates was also replicated, of which Rimmer himself didn't fix a second time around? Then again you would also have to ignore whatever seemed to have happened a the end of series 8.

Fucking hell, that's a stretch. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been talking about. You'll be so busy thinking, you'll forget to laugh. Although I'm definitely in support of your sentence including the words "ignore" and "series 8." The other words are superfluous.

Adding into this stuff, this Rimmer is a hard light hologram. The hard light technology was obtained from Legion in series 6 (was it?), and Red Dwarf had/has a soft light projection unit........so how is he hard light again?

Let's see.....

Seriously, anything that seems off-kilter / out of synch with previous episodes needs to consult with one of the following deus ex machina :

(1) they traded with GELFs for it ; (2) that didn't count, it was a parallel universe ; (3) nanobots ; (4) a wizard did it.

... I think (1) is the obvious winner here.

We still don't know what happened between Series 8 and 10 though, do we. So, it doesn't really matter what happens in series 10, because we don't know what's happened to get them to how they are now.

That's the spirit!!

• Paid Members
We still don't know what happened between Series 8 and 10 though, do we. So, it doesn't really matter what happens in series 10, because we don't know what's happened to get them to how they are now. Last we saw of them Red Dwarf was exploding and Kochanski was with them.

This is a fair shout.

To be honest I haven't thought about any of it until it gets mention on here or otherwise. Up until today I've only ever thought "Red Dwarf's on again.....I'll watch it". Its been OK so far, not at the standard of previous series' but I've enjoyed it. (Although the Jesus related episode was a bit much considering.)

Seriously, anything that seems off-kilter / out of synch with previous episodes needs to consult with one of the following deus ex machina :

(1) they traded with GELFs for it ; (2) that didn't count, it was a parallel universe ; (3) nanobots ; (4) a wizard did it.

Noted. :thumbsup:

This is what confuse's me other people have said this but the rimmer that didn't fix the drive plates was alive so any other rimmer after that be it hologram or nanobot created would remember doing it. It would be the only thing they would all have in common which tells us nothing. They recreated the ship but they didn't erase the past did they?

The fact that series 8 Captain Hollister could remember how the old Red Dwarf looked before the nano-bots recreated it to pre-cut back specifications, is proof that the recreated crewmen had their old memories intact. So series 8 Rimmer would have remembered everything up until his death, including the drive plate accident.

Anyway this is Red Dwarf not Star Trek, continuity should mean sweat FA. The laughs should come first and foremost.

• Paid Members

The best bit for me humour wise was the the sight of only Rimmers head peering round the corner as Lister was humping 23. Marvelous.

Two little things I loved about tonight were two nods to the past - Rimmers report book and Lister referring to Zero G, two very much "series 1" plot devices, save for a mention of the Zero G AR game in Gunmen of the Apocalypse.

Archived