Red Dwarf

PSF

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's on YouTube.

Splendid, thank you!

They probably traded with some GELF's or something to get the screens.

I'm happy with that. Now I'll be able to relax and enjoy the rest of the series without that little point haunting me!

Being in Australian means I can't see this. Anyone know of where I can stream it?

Are you J W on youtube?

• Paid Members

Yeah, I sort of justify any changes to the ship or their situation that absolutely years have passed since the end of series 8, so anything could have happened. A hard light Rimmer hologram being around at all for instance is incongruous to the end of series 8, so it's best not to bother trying to fill in the blanks. I really like the fact that I can watch the new series and pretend series 7/8 didn't happen at all.

Being in Australian means I can't see this. Anyone know of where I can stream it?

Are you J W on youtube?

Nope.

Did get round to seeing it once it was more widely available online. I loved it. Not the greatest tv episode of all time, but it was a bloody good effort and a good nod to the late 80s / early 90s style of humor.

I'm looking forward to next week.

• Paid Members

After catching up on it (I had missed it on the Thursday), I found it to be "good".

It started very slowly, and sort of acted as if nothing had happened between the series either by previous events and/or the length of time. The first few minutes seemed very very bad an just not funny. I presumed if it had kept on in this fashion, it would of been very very bad.

Thankfully it picked up a bit, and the whole "Moose" jokes, along with the shopping channel gags / being on hold for days thing, where very funny indeed.

Was very random to see Rimmer's brother as a hologram and still functioning in deep space, but its something we can slightly ignore at this stage really. I'm sure if you wanted to go into it, the writers would come up with some sort of explanation. I suppose coincidental would be the word to describe that really, so not impossible by any reach, and I's sure stranger things had happened in Red Dwarf over the years.

"I'm the last human alive, and if I don't complain about my bad service, who will?!?", had me in creases in the end.

Looking forward to the next episode, and what seems to be an explanation for the missing "Holly".

After catching up on it (I had missed it on the Thursday), I found it to be "good".

It started very slowly, and sort of acted as if nothing had happened between the series either by previous events and/or the length of time.

That kind of bothered me as well, People keep going on about how much time has passed but the only thing that's sugesting that is the ageing on their faces. Also Rimmer has only just decided to take his 10th astro nav exam? he had took 9 at the begining of season 1.

• Paid Members

I think - opposite from last week - the first half was stronger, but I still enjoyed it.

The resolution to listers conversation with his dad involving the guitar was genius.Easily the moment of the series so far. That whole conversation was brilliant. Great rimmer in his suggestions for what he wanted pree to be. Pree cocking up because she knew rimmer was going to cock it up was ace too.The chinese whispers running gag was a bit shit though, it was still a good laugh

• Paid Members

The Dad tapes were brilliant, even though the sentiment was ruined as Pree had put him up to the whole thing and Lister never really figured it out.

Archived