Red Dwarf

PSF

For those who don't yet know, the best comedy show ever, with the best TV theme tune ever is back. Series 10 of Red Dwarf is now in production with all of the original cast members, AWESOME. To be aired early 2012 on Dave & Dave HD.

To be filmed in front of a live audience though, so not sure how thats going to effect the finished product compared to previous series.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Has been noted for a while, and with "Skipping" season 9 to maybe go back to (or pull a series 3 or 4 with the big crazy intro of notes), should be cool.

I am a big fan of the dwarf, and even liked the Last dave thing they did (although a fair few dwarfers kicked off about it). Either way, we all need a bit of Rimmer/Lister on the TV again.

To be filmed in front of a live audience though, so not sure how thats going to effect the finished product compared to previous series.

Good. That was one of the many things i disliked about "Back to Earth."

Yeah, hopefully it will be a bit better than that. Just been looking into it and apparently series 8 was getting over 9 million viewers on BBC2. Not too shabby for a cult programme eh.

It will be massively shit and unfunny, further ruining the franchise, just like every season from 7 onwards.

The only way I'd look forward to new Dwarf would be if they got both the original writers on board. As it is, we'll just get the unfunny one writing another unfunny series. I loved, LOVED Red Dwarf series 1-5 and 6 had it's moments. After that - pure shite.

• Paid Members

Me and Mrs Small have got tickets for the live recording.

I would imagine it will be largely terrible, but rather like how experiencing a shitty 0-0 draw at a footy match is enhanced by actually being there and experiencing an atmosphere, I expect it will be heightened by seeing it all in person.

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of Dwarf, and I'll watch, but Sickboy has a whole thing about ripping it to shreds and I get but the key is smoke some thai and don't think too much about it.

Also, apropos of nothing I've decided I hate Joe Swash.

Thank you Dave, for digging up the corpse of a much-loved ex-girlfriend and shagging her in her coffin, whilst looking at me expectantly. Laugh, damnit, laugh!

It will be massively shit and unfunny, further ruining the franchise, just like every season from 7 onwards.

The only way I'd look forward to new Dwarf would be if they got both the original writers on board. As it is, we'll just get the unfunny one writing another unfunny series. I loved, LOVED Red Dwarf series 1-5 and 6 had it's moments. After that - pure shite.

That really sums it up for me as well.

I wish they had made a TV movie or even real movie back in those times, it would have been a classic as well, or even xmas special like they have with doctor who.

The last couple of series and back to earth have been crap, the other day I caught an episode from one of the older seasons, and it reminded me why I used to love this show, not anymore, it should stay dead and buried, instead of coming back more shitty each time.

We can only hope for the best, but I'm expecting shite as well.

Of all programmes I can think of in the whole world, NOTHING has aged as badly to me as Red Dwarf. Even the episodes I used to love seem like your usual run-of-the-mill BBC1 hack shite to me now. Television in every sense seems to have drastically improved, and that seems to be one of the reasons it feels such a derrivative piece of work these days. I think I was about 9/10 when I discovered it, and for years it was one of the most quotable things amongst me and my mates - but from about 18 I stopped caring, and now I cringe a bit watching some of them. The specials the other year were the dullest dull that ever dulled too.

Really wish this wasn't happening, as I know what I'm like and I'll watch it and hate it and hate everything said about it, but still feel the need to come into threads like this and moan, pretty much as I'm doing now.

I would imagine it will be largely terrible, but rather like how experiencing a shitty 0-0 draw at a footy match is enhanced by actually being there and experiencing an atmosphere, I expect it will be heightened by seeing it all in person.

Where did you get tickets fella?

• Paid Members

Where did you get tickets fella?

I didn't, my wife did. No idea where.

• Paid Members

My friend has got tickets to the recordings and keeps trying to get people to go along with him but so far he hasn't any takers.

I haven't seen any of Red Dwarf other than the first episode, so don't want to go in case I don't "get" it or miss the majority of the jokes.

Archived