Red Dwarf

PSF

Speaking of which, in an episode I asume loki would have apreacated I found tonights episode to be inspired.

I certainly did. Best one so far, for me.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot the risk scene is in that that makes it even better, I remember watching it when I was younger and finding the Winnie the poo bit particularly funny. I watched them all recently as there was several I hadn't seen and I found that and terrorform (another Rimmer episode and another controversial pick) particularly enjoyable.

Apparently there was a poll on the Red Dwarf website or something, and Meltdown was voted the worst/least favourite episode ever.

I was surprised to learn that the cast really don't like Backwards....even though it's full of illogical nonsense, it's still a fun episode. For them it was probably a pain to make and that's why they don't like it.

I stand by my love for meltdown, they are only two episdode's I seem to dislike beyond repair and that's duct soup and parallel universe.

Backward's is fun there is some errors for example the bar fight seems to go forward at the begining. Series 3 is really consistant it's my next favourite series after 5.

• Paid Members

Thought it was an absolute treat. They got the Simulants bang on in terms of walking the line between lethal and insane, and there were so many nods to the past. Rimmer's knocking up of a timetable for his planning made me howl. The keen eyed will have spotted he had a segment marked out for "Snooze" and an earlier one that had also been marked out but now has "Snooze" frantically scribbled out with "No time!!!" written underneath. Absolute classic Rimmer, as was Cat chasing the string. And yes, I loved that they teased telling us what was meant to happen at the end of Series VIII, then didn't bother. Because it would have been contrived and probably terrible bollocks. Just like Series VIII in general. Kryten knocking up a gateway to a mirror universe in five minutes flat like Hannibal and BA would turn three cardboard boxes, some string and a cowpat into a Sherman tank - C'MON.

And clearly Rimmer saving the day and coming up with the winning plan is aces in my books. Better dead than smeg.

Archived