Red Dwarf

PSF

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Being in Australian means I can't see this. Anyone know of where I can stream it?

Not sure if the Dave website has any of that "Not available in your country" bobbins, but they're streaming it here.

Cheers for that. Just watched it and I have to say I thought it was really enjoyable. Some of the gags felt a bit forced but the episode got better as it progressed. Will be setting my series link for it next week.

• Paid Members
Not really on-topic, but did one of the Red Dwarf actors ever chase a bunch of binmen with a Samurai sword whilst being on Crack? I've suddenly got that in my mind now and find it hilarious.

Danny John Jules did. Don't know if crack was involved, though:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world...hn-jules-968987

As for Red Dwarf X, it was like going to the dentist and only coming back with a numb mouth. Not the most pleasant experience, but anyone who seen Back to Earth had to be pleased it wasn't like that.

Finally got to watch it on youtube just now. I really enjoyed it, ok so it wasn't exactly series 1/2 levels of funny but then i wasn't stupid enough to think it would be and i'm just happy it wasn't on the same level as Back To Earth. I'm optimistic about this series and i'm looking forward to the next episode.

I've never seen Back to Earth and thanks to all the negative press I reckon I never will, but this was definitely a return to form for me. I found the acting on the whole to be good apart from Craig Charles phoning it in. He seems like such a smug lazy bastard these days. I understand it's 20 years on and he's probably got used to being the last human alive but the naivety and the weight on his shoulders were what really drove the character for me.

Some generally funny gags this time and I'm cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season.

I've never seen Back to Earth and thanks to all the negative press I reckon I never will, but this was definitely a return to form for me. I found the acting on the whole to be good apart from Craig Charles phoning it in. He seems like such a smug lazy bastard these days. I understand it's 20 years on and he's probably got used to being the last human alive but the naivety and the weight on his shoulders were what really drove the character for me.

Some generally funny gags this time and I'm cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season.

Was that intentional?

• Paid Members

I thought it was good. Really didn't like Back To Earth but enjoyed this. It was back to normal Red Dwarf. Obviously not one of the best episodes, but give it another episode or so to find it's feet. Audience laughter was a bit OTT for the gags, but I guess they were hardcore fans just delighted to see it back properly.

Edit: And let's be honest, it's a shitload better than any sitcom BBC has had recently (from what I've seen anyway). They've really fallen by the wayside when it comes to sitcoms, haven't they? Let's hope Bottom is their saving grace.

Archived