Should Weed be legalised?

RancidPunx

Should Weed be legalised ?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No I didn't, do pay attention old boy

Can you knock the 'incredibly patronising cunt' thing on the head? My ban finger's been super itchy this week, and I'm sick of seeing this shit.

Amen.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen a few documentaries, I think on the BBC, that have looked into the effects with the "super strong" variants. I can't remember the exact details, but something to do with the balance of THC and cannabaloids(?) being swayed way towards one or the other which occurs with "super strong" weed. When giving test cases the super strong weed they experienced paranoia at a much higher rate than smoking regular weed.

Paranoia and schizophrenic episodes are clearly linked to violence. Therefore it's casually related to weed. Saying "it's not the weed, it's the person" is akin to saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Stupid logic, and no surprise to see Kiffy bleating on about it.

Cannabidiol. It's the other main important component of the drug after THC but is becoming virtually non existent in modern strains because of whatever way the trend with indoor growing has been going. It's got antipsychotic properties and brings to the table all the sedative shit you get with the drug.

I love weed but yeah high THC, low CBD skunk strains are bad news. It's not even relaxing. I hate that stuff.

I'll be honest, I've found a source of really nice resin, and may stop with the weed altogether. It's just so hard to get hold of stuff that isn't just bred for strength. Found some called Strawberry Cough about a year ago, but that seems to have dried up.

• Paid Members

A lot of times the problem is that you can only get whats going. I hate skunk, and recently been smoking some very nice, calm, Thai stuff that doesnt leave me a gibbering anxious wreck. But sometimes all anybody has is skunk.

• Paid Members

Agreed. In all the years I've smoked I've not often had the opportunity to pick and choose what strain/type I'm buying. Round here it's usually "grab what you can, when you can". I live in a shit hole town though.

I used to look into all types of strains and see how they varied, but it's pointless round here as the majority of dealers haven't got a fucking clue what they're selling.

I'm always surprised people don't grow their own more, the saving's are ridiculous, even when you factor in the hydroponics and electric. And that way you can choose whatever strain you want and order the seeds perfectly legally over the net.

Agreed. In all the years I've smoked I've not often had the opportunity to pick and choose what strain/type I'm buying. Round here it's usually "grab what you can, when you can". I live in a shit hole town though.

I used to look into all types of strains and see how they varied, but it's pointless round here as the majority of dealers haven't got a fucking clue what they're selling.

Yeah, you take whatever is on offer.

If you could grow your own without the risk of being arrested you could grow whatever type you wanted. Five minutes research online and you'd have a fair idea of what types you might want to avoid (if you are the type of person who gets a bit paranoid or whatever), and what types would just give you a nice, mellow high.

If they made a 5 plant maximum, home-growing situation legal, I'd be all over that. I'd grow a nice mellow type of weed that tastes good, I wouldn't ever have to break the law or deal with criminals, I'd know exactly what the fuck I was smoking (and could change type completely if I felt it was messing with my head a bit too much) and it would cost practically nothing once I got it going. Even these Hardcore Weed Addicts that have been mentioned on here could grow their own and it would cost almost bugger-all, completely removing the need for any illegal activity to fund it.

Unfortunately, growing this particular plant for your own personal use is illegal. Shame.

Yeah but so's owning and smoking it. And really, first time offense, one plant, you're not looking at time or anything like that. And that's if you think the police are likely to be searching your house anyway, which, given you already have weed in it (I assume) you don't.

Growing to sell is a whole lot different of course, word gets round, and you could be in bother. But a little hydroponic set up in a cupboard? Can't see why everyone's not doing it meself.

• Paid Members

I've grown it myself in the past & it wasn't easy to do at all. In fairness, it was ages ago, before I had the internet at home (which would've helped massively) and even though it was only 2 plants it still stank the fucking house out at the end when they started flowering. I was cheap & bought a canvas wardrobe to put the kit in & the light was so bright that it looked like 'Close Encounters' from down the street before I sorted the black out curtains out.

Yeah but so's owning and smoking it. And really, first time offense, one plant, you're not looking at time or anything like that. And that's if you think the police are likely to be searching your house anyway, which, given you already have weed in it (I assume) you don't.

Growing to sell is a whole lot different of course, word gets round, and you could be in bother. But a little hydroponic set up in a cupboard? Can't see why everyone's not doing it meself.

The difference between getting caught with an 8th in your pocket and getting caught with a home-grow set-up is enough to put me off that idea. Caught with a few grams could just be a slap on the wrist, grow your own and you are at the mercy of a Judge, quite possibly. Not worth the risk, for me anyway. Drug charges can fuck your life up; job issues, traveling to certain countries. Not worth it at all. All it would take is an arsehole Judge looking to "make a point" and you get the book thrown at you. Silly shit like owning scales or having fertilizer can be enough for them to claim you are growing to supply on an ongoing basis.

I'll be honest, I've found a source of really nice resin, and may stop with the weed altogether. It's just so hard to get hold of stuff that isn't just bred for strength. Found some called Strawberry Cough about a year ago, but that seems to have dried up.

Where did the fabled "Undertoker" crop feature in your chart?

It's in the category marked "possibly mythical" as both the quarter, and the Steve Austin talking doll that accompanied it got lost in the post.

Or possibly never sent at all :(

Archived