Should Weed be legalised?

RancidPunx

Should Weed be legalised ?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah, sorry, I was too busy being a stupid cunt to pop down to your neighbours house for a little chat. How stupid and cunty of me!

:crazy:

You said this:

But Stoners don't go around starting fights and smashing stuff up. Not to even mention domestic violence that stems from alcohol abuse, drink driving etc...

which is totally untrue and you saying it makes you a stupid cunt.

However, I agree with you about education. I'm not fussed about whether it's legalised or not, but your above argument is stupid and untrue.

I said that as a direct counter-point to people putting stoners and boozers on the same nuisance level.

Alcohol has been ruining family lives and splitting up couples forever. Yes, there is the very occasional situation where someone becomes affected mentally by cannabis with similar results, but not nearly with the same level of frequency.

As for starting fights and smashing stuff up, fuck you mate because there is no way I'm wrong about that. Drunken twats start fights every weekend without fail, that's why most busy town centres have Police hanging about at Pub kicking out time, because there is ALWAYS trouble. Stoners don't get aggressive (in general) and don't start fights for no reason.

I'm 30, I've been a pretty heavy drinker and a pretty full-on stoner at different times, and I've hung around in places where both types of people indulge. One of the biggest reasons I stopped going out on the piss was because I'd had enough of having to watch my back the whole way home because of drunken pricks looking for trouble. It was the same in half the Pubs/Bars I'd go in to, arseholes looking for a Friday Night Fight. Myself and mates have been jumped for no reason leaving clubs many times too. Fuck that! Never had even a hind of trouble with other stoners. I've been to Amsterdam a bunch of times and haven't seen a single fight break out anywhere. Compare that to Friday night in London!

My mum lives on the main road to the town centre in the smallish town I live n. There was a point a few years back when every saturday night, without fail, drunk pricks would come down that street kicking cars (setting the alarms off) and smashing up the bus shelter. Every week. Drunken pricks, not stoners giggling into their packet of crisps!

I'm with Fast Eddie on this, I have personally never seen a bunch of guys stoned out of their minds try and start a fight, push someone over in the street or throw a trashcan through the window of a shop. I have seen it exacerbate previously existing mental conditions such as paranoia, but violence no.

Is weed and other drugs not banned because it affects you mentally, and can do so longterm? Whereas getting drunk just makes you temporarily coordinated (and why certain things whilst drunk is illegal, i.e. driving)?

:confused:

Sometimes you post things that make me think you're vaguely informed; this is not one of them! Firstly, no that's not why weed is banned and alcohol isn't. That's a purely historical hiccup as both have been banned by various authorities at various point in the past. The government make too much income from alcohol to ban in now, even though all evidence shows that it is just as dangerous a drug as cannabis, both short-term AND long-term. Look up George Best for more information.

• Paid Members
Is weed and other drugs not banned because it affects you mentally, and can do so longterm? Whereas getting drunk just makes you temporarily coordinated (and why certain things whilst drunk is illegal, i.e. driving)?

:confused:

Sometimes you post things that make me think you're vaguely informed; this is not one of them! Firstly, no that's not why weed is banned and alcohol isn't. That's a purely historical hiccup as both have been banned by various authorities at various point in the past. The government make too much income from alcohol to ban in now, even though all evidence shows that it is just as dangerous a drug as cannabis, both short-term AND long-term. Look up George Best for more information.

I won't deny my knowledge of cannabis is almost non-existent. I've never used it, nor research it. Just going on what I've heard from various sources here and t here.

• Paid Members
Oh yeah, sorry, I was too busy being a stupid cunt to pop down to your neighbours house for a little chat. How stupid and cunty of me!

:crazy:

You said this:

But Stoners don't go around starting fights and smashing stuff up. Not to even mention domestic violence that stems from alcohol abuse, drink driving etc...

which is totally untrue and you saying it makes you a stupid cunt.

However, I agree with you about education. I'm not fussed about whether it's legalised or not, but your above argument is stupid and untrue.

I said that as a direct counter-point to people putting stoners and boozers on the same nuisance level.

Alcohol has been ruining family lives and splitting up couples forever. Yes, there is the very occasional situation where someone becomes affected mentally by cannabis with similar results, but not nearly with the same level of frequency.

As for starting fights and smashing stuff up, fuck you mate because there is no way I'm wrong about that. Drunken twats start fights every weekend without fail, that's why most busy town centres have Police hanging about at Pub kicking out time, because there is ALWAYS trouble. Stoners don't get aggressive (in general) and don't start fights for no reason.

I'm 30, I've been a pretty heavy drinker and a pretty full-on stoner at different times, and I've hung around in places where both types of people indulge. One of the biggest reasons I stopped going out on the piss was because I'd had enough of having to watch my back the whole way home because of drunken pricks looking for trouble. It was the same in half the Pubs/Bars I'd go in to, arseholes looking for a Friday Night Fight. Myself and mates have been jumped for no reason leaving clubs many times too. Fuck that! Never had even a hind of trouble with other stoners. I've been to Amsterdam a bunch of times and haven't seen a single fight break out anywhere. Compare that to Friday night in London!

My mum lives on the main road to the town centre in the smallish town I live n. There was a point a few years back when every saturday night, without fail, drunk pricks would come down that street kicking cars (setting the alarms off) and smashing up the bus shelter. Every week. Drunken pricks, not stoners giggling into their packet of crisps!

I'm not debating who is better or worse.

I live in Streatham in South London and I am telling you it's the tanked up and the stoners. The proof is there to see on the street. They do get violent, they do get loud and they do cause criminal damage. Every week. The point i'm making is that your comment Stoners don't go around starting fights and smashing stuff up isn't true.

I voted 'yes'.

I'll be honest though: I enjoy smoking weed but would rather do it in my own flat or at a mate's. I don't like doing it out in public because the mental effects are there to see. On Friday past, I'd had 5 pints and was feeling suitably merry before a friend of mine whipped out a bifta and we smoked it en route to the next venue. We got knocked back from two of our regular haunts for being "too stoned": what harm were we to anyone? The chances are, we'd sit in the corner and have a giggle. The result was that we had to go into this shithole venue that is pretty much the last chance saloon for under-age revellers/desperados and old skanks on the pull/the mentally ill (it was lashing down outside as well, give us a break). I did think for one split second that "man, we could have just not had that joint and gone somewhere good" as I stood at the bar with the pulsating shiteness of some fat cunt screeching

on karaoke at a volume that would make your ears bleed.

On the other hand, if you're not out in the town and you're having a quiet night of beer, pizza, music and video games with mates: I think weed is the perfect compliment. It's fun, it lets you have a giggle and you loosen up a bit. Sure, your eyes get red and your mouth dries up like the Sahara, but it's easily remedied.

I respect those who don't smoke weed but are informed: what I cannot abide by is people who have the same view of weed as my parents and their generation do; I could try to articulate it, but

incredibly absurd and laughable PSA from Hanna Barbera from the 1970s does the trick for me.

I live in Streatham in South London and I am telling you it's the tanked up and the stoners. The proof is there to see on the street. They do get violent, they do get loud and they do cause criminal damage. Every week. The point i'm making is that your comment Stoners don't go around starting fights and smashing stuff up isn't true.

By "Stoners" you are referring to people who just smoke weed, right?

Because honestly I've never heard of anyone smoking/eating cannabis and becoming angry/aggressive/violent because of it. I've also never seen such a news story reported anywhere. I've seen people get a bit paranoid, I've seen people fall asleep really quickly and I've seen people get really quiet (along with the more common results of giggling, loosening-up, having a laugh, getting hungry).

Are you sure these people you are talking about are regular pot smokers and not people either a) mixing booze and weed, or b) on different drugs entirely?

If not, it sounds like the people of Steatham are getting some seriously fucked up weed that is probably laced with something.

To be honest, I think I would be physically and mentally incapable of fighting or acting violent when stoned unless I was significantly provoked and had to defend myself. The stereotype that weed makes everything all flighty, colourful and happy is farfetched and unrealistic, but I do tend to find that it makes reaction times slower, limb movement more restricted and there is this constant intensity around the head area that makes me feel "man, I can't even be bothered to stand up just now nevermind fight".

• Paid Members

I with the people who are citing its effects as a gateway drug to being a total cock. I have been given shit from annoying tools in the past for not being arsed about smoking weed - I was once told I wasn't invited to a party because "I wasn't down with the herb", and some bitch hung up on me on AIM once because I said that I didn't do drugs. She said "not even weed?!" and I said "not really", so she said that she couldn't take anyone that didn't smoke seriously. Claimed later it was because of (ha) "weed paranoia", but I was too pissed off by that point.

• Paid Members

I don't think some people in this thread realise there are different types of weed smokers who act different from each other when they smoke, same way some people are violent fuckers or just wanna hug people when they are drunk.

• Paid Members
I don't think some people in this thread realise there are different types of weed smokers who act different from each other when they smoke, same way some people are violent fuckers or just wanna hug people when they are drunk.

There is that, too - but as much as I hate people who are like "Last weekend I got totally smashed, nicked a copper's helmet, pissed in it, and lobbed it at some teenage girls), I hate the people who act like Marijuana is some sort of Platonic idea of peace, love, and understanding. What's so funny 'bout that?

• Paid Members

I reckon anyone who says "down with the herb" was most likely a cock long before the weed.

To put in my two penneth on the other, erm, discussion:

Dirty Eddie is speaking in broad, general terms but, speaking in those same broad terms, I think he's mostly correct. Obviously paranoia and mental health problems and such are very real side effects of smoking weed for some people, and more minor issues like people acting really boring and becoming antisocial towards their non-smoker friends etc. are definitely potential downsides of weed smoking as well, but arguing that weed alone rarely causes people to go out and smash things up and start fights is a fair assessment as far as I can see.

When he says "stoners don't go around starting fights and smashing stuff up" I seriously, seriously doubt he means "no stoner ever has or ever will behave in this manner ever because I have personally witnessed every single smoking session that ever has or ever will take place." But if you want to read it like that then yeah, he's a STUPID CUNT.

• Paid Members

By "Stoners" you are referring to people who just smoke weed, right?

Because honestly I've never heard of anyone smoking/eating cannabis and becoming angry/aggressive/violent because of it. I've also never seen such a news story reported anywhere. I've seen people get a bit paranoid, I've seen people fall asleep really quickly and I've seen people get really quiet (along with the more common results of giggling, loosening-up, having a laugh, getting hungry).

Are you sure these people you are talking about are regular pot smokers and not people either a) mixing booze and weed, or b) on different drugs entirely?

If not, it sounds like the people of Steatham are getting some seriously fucked up weed that is probably laced with something.

The people I refer to sit outside their houses smoking all day, often eating absurd quantites of salted peanuts. No beer cans to be seen, which is odd as they must get dry mouths.

Again, i'm not arguing who is worse than the other but in your defence of your fellow smokers, you've said something that I have seen first hand isn't true. If you've not witnessed it, then fair enough, but it does happen.

Are you a londoner Eddie?

There is that, too - but as much as I hate people who are like "Last weekend I got totally smashed, nicked a copper's helmet, pissed in it, and lobbed it at some teenage girls), I hate the people who act like Marijuana is some sort of Platonic idea of peace, love, and understanding. What's so funny 'bout that?

To be fair, there are plenty of different types of people out there who are pretentious twats for one reason or another; Heavy drinkers sometimes think you are a "boring git" if you don't like to drink, some tee-total types think everyone who drinks is an idiot, some vegetarians treat you like scum for eating a steak, some meat-eaters call vegies "stupid hippies" because they don't like meat.

Being a pretentious twat about something really has no bearing on whether something should be legalised or not.

Most decent studies agree that cannabis does not cause violent behavior, it's also agreed that it's health risks are much lower than smoking and drinking. No-one had ever died directly because of taking it. It has proven medical benefits. Those that find cannabis leads to them having mental issues are often those with pre-existing mental health problems, which cannabis can certainly trigger, but not cause.

Archived