Your Hall Of Shame

Green

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The last two posters shock me. Come the fuck on guys...

Why ? What is so great about them ? I was a late comer when it came to Star Wars films. I was persuaded by a mate to watch the original trilogy just before Episode 1 came out. My overwhelming feeling when I had watched each one was "what's all the fuss about ?". I'm not saying that they are bad films but they are in no way deserving of the amount of praise/worship that is given to them. They are a decent set of films, nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't say they were great. To not like them is one thing, to have not seen any of the films is insane!

• Paid Members
The last two posters shock me. Come the fuck on guys...

Why ? What is so great about them ? I was a late comer when it came to Star Wars films. I was persuaded by a mate to watch the original trilogy just before Episode 1 came out. My overwhelming feeling when I had watched each one was "what's all the fuss about ?". I'm not saying that they are bad films but they are in no way deserving of the amount of praise/worship that is given to them. They are a decent set of films, nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't say they were great. To not like them is one thing, to have not seen any of the films is insane!

It's not really. There are loads of 'obvious' films that I've never seen. I think everyone has some, as has been illustrated in this thread.

I've never listened to Dark Side of the Moon.

I'm not even sure I'd recognise Stairway to Heaven if somebody put it on, at least not until the part everyone plays on guitar.

I've never seen Schindler's List, Silence of the Lambs, Alien, A Clockwork Orange or any Monty Python film, and I consider myself something of a film guy!

• Paid Members
It's not really. There are loads of 'obvious' films that I've never seen. I think everyone has some, as has been illustrated in this thread.

You ARE films, I can't believe there are some obvious ones you've never seen. Which ones?

• Paid Members

You ARE films, I can't believe there are some obvious ones you've never seen. Which ones?

I dunno, I can't remember any now when put on the spot! The Sound Of Music? The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's another. Oh, and none of the recent Batman or Superman films, none of the Harry Potters and neither of the Shrek sequels. There are loads of others but I can't think of them now. But all of those recent ones are films I have no real interest in seeing so I don't know if they count.

• Paid Members
Films i've never seen:

Any of the Lord Of The Ring films

Any of the Twilight films

Robocop

The original Nightmare On Elm Street

Lord of The Rings you can happily live without. You should only be watching Twilight if you're trying to shag the girl you're watching it with. The first Nightmare on Elm Street probably hasn't aged well, and I wouldn't say is necessarily essential viewing, but is still enjoyable.

You should go get yourself a copy of RoboCop though, it's tremendous fun. You can usually pick up the boxed set for about

• Paid Members

The Dark Knight is probably the big shock from your list there, Gladstone. I thought the world and his wife had seen that, it's as though we've been forced to watch it due to Heath Ledger's performance. I haven't seen Sound of Music either, Julie Andrews makes me want to self-harm.

Archived