Your Hall Of Shame

Green

• Paid Members
The Dark Knight is probably the big shock from your list there, Gladstone.

Not really if you know my seething hatred for the vast swathes of comic book films knocking around these days. I would imagine I will watch it at some point, though, because I don't have anything against anyone involved, really, and just to see what all the fuss was about.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've never bothered with Potter either. Just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I haven't given Twilight a chance either, mostly because of the utterly nauseating behaviour of the (mostly female) fans of the series. My feed on the 'book is awash with garbage from these normally-rational gals positively frothing at the gash about the new film. Bore off.

• Paid Members

Totally agree that the comic-book-to-movie market is completely over-saturated these days. It's bad enough that they've done a film for almost every relevant comic book character over the past 10 years, but then after they've scraped the barrel with making films out of the irrelevant ones they are now reverting back to re-hashing the big ones again. Like the fact they are re-doing Spiderman and Superman! Spiderman was a bloody huge success, and was only out like yesterday! I tend to avoid comic book movies at all costs generally now, but the Batman ones do seem to set themselves aside from the others.

When it all dies down and they stop ramming Fantastic Four part 5 and the fourth re-hash of Ghost Rider down our throats, give the Nolan Batman films a whirl.

I've never bothered with Potter either. Just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I haven't given Twilight a chance either, mostly because of the utterly nauseating behaviour of the (mostly female) fans of the series. My feed on the 'book is awash with garbage from these normally-rational gals positively frothing at the gash about the new film. Bore off.

I wouldn't have seen any of them if it wasn't for my wife being well into the books. The Twilight saga is meh, nothing special. I'm being dragged to see Breaking Dawn this weekend, yay. I do enjoy the Potter movies though- and they're definitely not my normal cup of tea. Especially the later ones when the stories get a bit darker. And the performances from some British favourites is always a bonus.

Archived