Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

On the Flair/Ziggler thing, i read elsewhere on the net someone suggesting that they make Ziggler the next Nature Boy. 'Nature Boy' Nick Nemeth has a decent ring to it too. As far as the Dudleyz back in the WWE as a tag team, currently it wouldn't work. Is there a large enough fan base in the WWE anymore that would even remember them? But if they put them on a singles run I don't think either of them would be a success. Too many other guys in the E at the moment already doing their thing. All we need is Bully Ray doing a Funkasaurus II gimick.

I can't imagine anything worse than Bully Ray going back to being "Get the tables!" Bubba Ray. It'd be like David Bowie came back to perform N-Dubz songs or something.

Yeah, it'd be just like that.

Talking of tag matches, I watched Backlash 2001 last night and the main event of Kane and Undertaker vs. Austin and Triple H is really good. I heard the event was good, and I knew about the elbow drop and Duchess of Queensbury thing, but I hadn't heard much about the main event. It shows that these are four men who know the business well, know their characters well, and have quite a lot of experience. Kane sold his arm well. Initially, he shrugged attacks to the arm off leading to the commentators saying he must be hurt but doesn't seem to be showing it, but after an arm breaker starts to sell it more. He kept his aura of being rock hard, yet eventually became vulnerable. Austin and Triple H worked really well as a tag team, and obviously they had the Raw tag match against Jericho and Benoit too.

Edited by Sphinx

On the Flair/Ziggler thing, i read elsewhere on the net someone suggesting that they make Ziggler the next Nature Boy. 'Nature Boy' Nick Nemeth has a decent ring to it too. As far as the Dudleyz back in the WWE as a tag team, currently it wouldn't work. Is there a large enough fan base in the WWE anymore that would even remember them? But if they put them on a singles run I don't think either of them would be a success. Too many other guys in the E at the moment already doing their thing. All we need is Bully Ray doing a Funkasaurus II gimick.

I haven't heard the 'Nature Boy' thing, but that is definitely bollocks. For one thing, I can't imagine Triple H holds Ziggler in high enough esteem to give him that moniker. It'd tarnish the name. Buddy Landel. Ric Flair. Dolph Ziggler.

Bully Ray would work in WWE, but Dudleyz wouldn't be of much use as they decide one second they want a tag division and the next that they don't. I imagine if/when Triple H gets the final say in the company, there'll be a proper tag division. They're lacking guys who you believe in, or who gain proper heat. Bully Ray would do that and has already proven that he'd be perfect at elevating other guys whilst not undermining himself.

EDIT: Shit, sorry. Forgot I'd already posted.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

I'm reading nothing about Bully Ray leaving. And the TV suggests he won't be. Everywhere (including the Observer) is saying Devon is done and Bully is more than certain to resign. Which has been the case for weeks. They see Bully as someone who they want to sign to a real contract and they only want to sign Devon to a pay per appearance deal, because is isn't half as valuable as Bully is. You only need to see their roles on TV to see who is more likely to be staying. They've hardly used Devon in a matches for weeks and Bully is apart of their main storyline.

• Paid Members
I can't imagine anything worse than Bully Ray going back to being "Get the tables!" Bubba Ray. It'd be like David Bowie came back to perform N-Dubz songs or something.

Yeah, it'd be just like that.

Well it was a very bad comparison, admittedly. I guess I meant it would be a great talented performer returning to do something very dull generic that's already been seen a hundred times before.

Don't they run a wrestling school fulltime anyways? And I remember reading that Bully has his own business on the side he runs too, I'd be suprised if a fulltime schedule suited them.

Edited by LaGoosh

Don't they run a wrestling school fulltime anyways? And I remember reading that Bully has his own business on the side he runs too, I'd be suprised if a fulltime schedule suited them.

Yep. Bully's also an agent at TNA so by leaving he'd essentially give up not one but two paying gigs.

Edited by pgi86

I'm reading nothing about Bully Ray leaving. And the TV suggests he won't be. Everywhere (including the Observer) is saying Devon is done and Bully is more than certain to resign. Which has been the case for weeks. They see Bully as someone who they want to sign to a real contract and they only want to sign Devon to a pay per appearance deal, because is isn't half as valuable as Bully is. You only need to see their roles on TV to see who is more likely to be staying. They've hardly used Devon in a matches for weeks and Bully is apart of their main storyline.

We've preatty much read the same story but from different sites who have reported it differently. I.e. whereas yours have said "bully ray is likely to resign" mine simply says "bully ray has not resigned yet and may leave."

Read it from tpww.net initially and then from a site I think is called ringsideseats.com

• Paid Members

News sites get their information from the Wrestling Observer and just reword it with "source: wrestlingobserver.com" under it. The only place anyone is getting it from is the Observer site. Wrestling news sites don't have "sources". Its either taken from Meltzer or reworded twitter shite.

We've preatty much read the same story but from different sites who have reported it differently. I.e. whereas yours have said "bully ray is likely to resign" mine simply says "bully ray has not resigned yet and may leave."

Read it from tpww.net initially and then from a site I think is called ringsideseats.com

If you two could just manage to put a hyphen in the right place, your posts would make much more sense. Unless, of course, Bully Ray is giving his notice in.