Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Uh oh is the WWE about to get watered down even further?

From the BBC:

Meanwhile Sky has been rapped for broadcasting a scene during World Wrestling Entertainment, which was found to be unsuitable for children.

Ofcom found the one-and-a-half-minute scene, shown on 10 November at 09:20 GMT was unsuitable for a Saturday morning audience as it contained "several close-up punches and kicks to the head and on one occasion, "a bloody bruise on the chest of a competitor".

Sky apologised for any distress caused to viewers, saying it would review its guidelines.

It added that fighting outside the ring would be minimised and similar dramatised sequences would not be broadcast in future.

http://www.wrestlingknowledge.org/

If you know anyone who pays for this then please, take away their bank card.

Words escape me. If somebody was STUPID enough to go along with this, then they deserve their "PDF certificate" so it acts as a physical reminder (once they print it at their own expense I assume) of how retarded they are.

Talk about preying on marks and morons for crumbs - Alex Shane has no shame.

In some respects, I feel Alex Shane is keeping the grand old tradition of carny alive in wrestling. There's one born every minute, and marks are there to have their money taken.

The most recent episode of The Simpsons is all about Grandpa being revealed as a former Gorgeous Goerge-type wrestler. They actually explain what heels and babyfaces are.

On a side note that has probably been flogged to death, having not watched a new episode of the Simpsons in absolutely ages, it's a bit demoralising. The voices all sound very stunted and very aged.

• Paid Members
The most recent episode of The Simpsons is all about Grandpa being revealed as a former Gorgeous Goerge-type wrestler. They actually explain what heels and babyfaces are.

On a side note that has probably been flogged to death, having not watched a new episode of the Simpsons in absolutely ages, it's a bit demoralising. The voices all sound very stunted and very aged.

And you have the worst name I've ever heard.

Worse than mine?

• Paid Members

Worse than mine?

Whoosh!

It's fascinating. Apparently the PPVs were always profitable, and the move away from 12 a year means them taking a financial hit. They're also comfortably profitable, with Impact now being only a part of their revenue streams.