Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

WWE Star Jack Swagger ARRESTED For Crazy Driving

WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly committing several traffic offenses.

Source close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over.

It's unclear what traffic offenses Swagger is accused of committing ... but they were serious enough to result in an arrest.

We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-star-jac...fic-violations/

Edited by pol_pot_rick

WWE Star Jack Swagger ARRESTED For Crazy Driving

WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly committing several traffic offenses.

Source close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over.

It's unclear what traffic offenses Swagger is accused of committing ... but they were serious enough to result in an arrest.

We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-star-jac...fic-violations/

They've updated the original story, apparently he was in possession of pot at the time of arrest.

Two questions remain:

1) What happens now for wrestlemania? I remember a few years back it was just a $1000 dollar fine for weed showing up on a drug test, but I can't imagine WWE being too lenient here.

2) Exactly how fucking stupid is Jack Swagger? Wrestlemania 29 championship match, more air time than at any point in his career, a fantastic and intriguing storyline after being little more than midcard for the past five years and THIS is what he gets busted for?! Tit.

In this modern age, where clean lifestyles and professionalism are very important. Why on earth do you risk the biggest match and push of your career for some green and road rage?

I don't get it, I hope it does cost him $1,000,000.

Give us MARK HENRY vs. Alberto Del Rio. THAT'S WHAT I DO!!!!

Hopefully WWE will fine him and leave it at that. I'm loving this push.

How have previous DUI offenders been punished by the company?

It's hard to tell. They're usually NXT wrestlers or so low on the card that you couldn't see any on-screen punishment. Uso A or B, the good looking Funkadactyl (think she got two weeks suspension), Ted DiBiase before he was on the main roster (and it didn't stop him getting a decent push for a couple of years when he debuted a few months later). Don't think anything happened to Santino other than Roddy Piper or someone mocking him about it on TV the next week. The only one in a similar position to this was probably RVD in 2006, and we know how that turned out. WWE might not want to be seen to be caving in to the Alex Jones lot though.

• Paid Members

He's a fucking idiot for the driving under the influence part alone. I'm not a marijuana smoker but I certainly don't look down on people that do. But the driving thing is just fucking stupid.

IF they don't go for Swagger/Del Rio now, they could either go with Dolph or Menry as his opponent. If it's Menry, have del Rio win in a plucky outing and Menry squashes him in revenge after the match. Then have Dolph do his cash-in on the biggest stage. Or just go straight into a full-n match between them.