WWE/TNA UK "revolution" expiring!?

LWOLeN

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Its a sad state of affairs when in 2011 a big man, who can work gets the sack. He wasn't over exposed in WWE either, so someone needs to snap him up. He's not a Kennedy or a Hardy who look like they are taking a massive step down. He could do TNA or Ring of Honor a lot of good. I'd love to see him in ROH. It would answer a million questions to people who slag him off. It would looks like El Gigante on the juice vs Lord Littlebrook if he was put in the main event though.

The British Invasion last wrestled on Xplosion where they lost to Ink Inc.

A shame since Magnus is a hell of a character and usually provokes a good chuckle when he's on the mic.

Xplosion doesn't mean fuck all. It's an international program. I'm a big fan of TNA but I hardly watch it. It's just abit shit.

Did the person who won the Xplosion Championship Tournament ever get their title shot?

Magnus won it and no he hasn't yet

Considering how good Haskins was supposed to be he's shown absolutely nothing during his time with TNA thusfar. His debut against Williams was embarrassing and he's done nothing since, all I know about him is that he wears a fur coat, I don't even know if he has a specific in-ring style because he never seems to do anything in his matches.

I think Haskins' last appearance on Impact was during a gantlet for the number 1 contendership for the X division title before the September pay per view. Apart from a segement involving the whole X-division I think that's all he's done since the Destination X match. It's a shame, but the same goes for most of the X-division, where's Zima Ion etc? The British Invasion should come back to try and add a little bit of activity to the nonexistant tag division though.

He also had this match against Kendrick in Xplosion:

Good match but i struggle to see how both guys attires can look so bad, Haskins gimmick looks to be a cocky John Morrison type but he needs to do something with that hair and wear some gear that shows off his physique as he is in good shape. Kendrick meanwhile just looks homeless and I'm sure there is a better way to put across his character than wearing what looks like a loose towel with a big shit stain on.

WWE woud never allow two characters who are meant to be athletes going out there looking like that and to your casual viewer that's the difference between TNA and WWE.

So despite Rob Terry, Wade Barrett & Sheamus it doesn't look good for the UK guys in the USA.

I thought Sheamus was from Dublin in the Republic of Ireland? This would make him a none UK guy.

Aye, but only to the most pedantic cunts in the world. Sheamus has said in interviews that he considers himself one of the UK guys.

• Paid Members
So despite Rob Terry, Wade Barrett & Sheamus it doesn't look good for the UK guys in the USA.

I thought Sheamus was from Dublin in the Republic of Ireland? This would make him a none UK guy.

I'm glad that i wasnt the only one who noticed that!

Bar that : Barrett is doing very well, Mcintyre is on superstars this week wrestling John Morrisson, Regal is now "slowing down" his stuff now and does a bit of commentary doesnt he?

British invasion are constantly on TNA Xplosion, as well as the odd PPV. Haskins was indeed signed, but as previously mentioned hasent been featured much like othe X division guys recently. Rob Terry is now with Robbie E i think?

So not that bad really, if anything i'm Hoping that Drew starts getting noticed again after a very strong (re)start to his WWE life.

• Paid Members
Haskins signed a 2 year deal. Also he pinned Alex Shelley in the Gauntlet series. But as somebody pointed out the X-Divison has focused on Jesse, Aries, Kash and Kendrick as of late. Shelly, Xion and others haven't really appeared much either since the Xdiv gauntlet.

Adding to what Mark has said, Haskins was asked about his future in the recent DG:UK press conf. He basically stated that TNA is his priority and that is what he is focusing on.

Also, he isn't supposed to be good, is is actually brilliant, i agree that it may not be coming over from his stint in TNA yet, but all i can do as a fan of his is say 'watch this space'. Hopefully he will and can win you over.

Archived