WWE/TNA UK "revolution" expiring!?

LWOLeN

Havn't seen Haskins, Williams and Magnus in TNA for like ages now.

Regal does commentary on shows nobody watches (NXT/FCW) and McinTyre seems to have "vanished" as well.

McGuinness is about to retire.

So despite Rob Terry, Wade Barrett & Sheamus it doesn't look good for the UK guys in the USA.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Magnus is hanging out the back of Mickie James as well, so I'd imagine thats better than recieving the hot tag from Douglas Williams.

That Haskins lad died on his arse huge on that PPV he was on. Cant see him coming back. If they had any intention of booking him, he'd have been in that X Division tournament a few months ago.

• Moderators

Was Haskins on a Per Appearance rather than a Contract then? I'm guessing he was, seeing as he seems to be persona non grata in TNA. Or at least on Impact anyway, I don't watch Xplosion.

Shame, as while he bout with Doug Williams was quite the letdown he's normally pretty good, and I'd rather him over HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SUPERSTAR Jesse Sorensen anyday.

I think Haskins' last appearance on Impact was during a gantlet for the number 1 contendership for the X division title before the September pay per view. Apart from a segement involving the whole X-division I think that's all he's done since the Destination X match. It's a shame, but the same goes for most of the X-division, where's Zima Ion etc? The British Invasion should come back to try and add a little bit of activity to the nonexistant tag division though.

On the WWE side of things I think everythings going swimmingly for our exports and am happy as well as a lot of you are that their characters aren't built around xenophobia and hating the USA. I do hope to see Drew back doing something again though, I enjoyed his match with Orton a few weeks back on Raw but he hasn't been on TV since.

It was reported that at the last NXT taping. McIntyre "destroyed" Johnny Curtis in the dark match within 3-4 minutes. Now I know this was only a dark match against some shit NXT person but still it kind of gets hopes up. I'd love to see McIntyre back in the scene. He should have been the WM MITB 2010 winner instead of Swagger IMO. It seemed like we were gonna see a push after his brilliant performance at Elimination Chamber 2011 but we were wrong.

I think Haskins' last appearance on Impact was during a gantlet for the number 1 contendership for the X division title before the September pay per view. Apart from a segement involving the whole X-division I think that's all he's done since the Destination X match. It's a shame, but the same goes for most of the X-division, where's Zima Ion etc? The British Invasion should come back to try and add a little bit of activity to the nonexistant tag division though.

He also had this match against Kendrick in Xplosion:

Drew might be a good hand and a fine worker but Vince already made sure i'll never care about him again

NEXT!!

Why would that be?

If they booked him abit better and put him into a program with Ziggler or replaced Swagger with McIntyre that would help him. I actually enjoyed it a few months ago when they teamed up Swagger/McIntyre as much as I think Swagger is shit I thought it was an interesting combination.

Although it was nothing compared to this duo

drew-mcintyre-cody-rhodes.jpg

Was Haskins on a Per Appearance rather than a Contract then? I'm guessing he was, seeing as he seems to be persona non grata in TNA. Or at least on Impact anyway, I don't watch Xplosion.

Shame, as while he bout with Doug Williams was quite the letdown he's normally pretty good, and I'd rather him over HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SUPERSTAR Jesse Sorensen anyday.

Haskins signed a 2 year deal. Also he pinned Alex Shelley in the Gauntlet series. But as somebody pointed out the X-Divison has focused on Jesse, Aries, Kash and Kendrick as of late. Shelly, Xion and others haven't really appeared much either since the Xdiv gauntlet.

His match vs Chris Masters on Superstars in May (which is HERE) is easily one of the best matches I've seen this year. Perfect in every way.

2011 was that bad? ;)

Serouisly, I don't understand what was so great about this match. Masters sold the left knee well and Drew did an ok job working as the heel, what's so special about this 10 min match?

Archived