Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania thoughts

or619

Anyone else think that WWE may throw a curve ball into the Daniel Bryan MIB cash in by having him cash it in against CM Punk (who I think will hold the title through till WM) Everyone seems to be expecting him to cash it for the Smackdown title but I think WWE could see potential in a face vs face match with Punk ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The plan according to all the credible places is that they are heading for a Undertake vs Mark Henry match somewhere down the line. I could see Daniel Bryan's music hitting after the Undertaker makes in 20-0 and Taker making it 21-0 in about 30 seconds. I cant imagine them ever giving him a win over Big Show, Henry and Undertaker. No idea why he even won it in the first place. I'd understand if he was on a losing streak on Raw or Smackdown and he was bitching about it and hinting at a heel turn. But he's usually made to look like a complete numpty. It'll take ages to restore any credibility in him before Mania, if he is to cash it in in something other than a Crash Holly style comedy skit.

Anyway, isn't his MITB case win more likely a big rib on the internet crowd and he'll be the first to lose it in "LOL WORKRATE~" fashion?

I want them to book him in a match where he puts the contract on the line, and loses it to Dolph Ziggler perhaps. He could then go on to cash in the contract in a proper match rather than the tired old routine that Edge, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Kane, CM Punk & Alberto Del Rio all done. I'm sick of the same thing happening every time, it doesn't do the Titles any good. Other than the original Edge cash in, none of the champions have been as over from being champion as they should have been. It's such a silly concept now, because it is so obvious what is going to happen. Daniel Bryan has been booked as a jobber ever since winning the match all of those months ago, why would anyone want to pay to watch him in main events now? Michael Cole burying him and treating like a joke doesn't do him any favors either, so what's the point?

• Paid Members
Anyway, isn't his MITB case win more likely a big rib on the internet crowd and he'll be the first to lose it in "LOL WORKRATE~" fashion?

I think this is the case too. I dread the thought of him being in a title match at Mania. Really do, even if it is an opening the card style title match like Edge v Del Rio this year. The guy is so far away from being at that level at this current moment in time.

I could see Daniel Bryan's music hitting after the Undertaker makes in 20-0 and Taker making it 21-0 in about 30 seconds.

Although, I would love this to happen.

If it is just a "stick it to those internet fans" deal, then WWE are really fucking stupid. Wasting the talents of Bryan and the Smackdown MITB slot on "a laugh" is even more counter productive than doing stuff to pander towards the 'net fans.

"Let's piss off some of our fans".

Clever, very clever.

I could see Daniel Bryan's music hitting after the Undertaker makes in 20-0 and Taker making it 21-0 in about 30 seconds.

Although, I would love this to happen.

That would be alright, but the ultimate would be for Bryan to try and cash in on Cena, who'd counter the LeBell Lock into an FU, then slap on the STF for the tap out. And those would be the only moves in the match. Then Triple H comes down and pedigrees Bryan while Cena poses with "I Hate Cena" mongs at ringside. It doesn't work because Cena's not on SmackDown's roster, but fucking hell, that would be the best ending to a pay-per-view ever. I think Cleetus put it best when he said he'd take a week off work just to read the reactions online.

The problem is that they haven't given him a decent enough run in the midcard yet to even have him step up to main event level.

It was an utterly bizarre decision to give him the briefcase in the first place. I don't think they're stupid enough to waste it in a jokey sense, although SOMEONE has to lose with their MITB eventually, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be Bryan.

It certainly wouldn't be a huge loss for him, as he's not at a point where it'd destroy his momentum, and there are many ways they could deal with it after.

I like to think he has his supporters, and he's more than capable of putting on decent matches if they let him. Do I ever think he could be a credible main eventer? Perhaps. I'm not sure in WWE, but I'd love to see him just given a chance to have solid matches show after show, rather than just forgetting about him most of the time.

I know, just like Punk was originally, Bryan is a bit of an Internet darling .. but I do feel there's a good spot for him on the roster, and it is a waste having him there and not utilising him properly.

• Paid Members

I actually want to see the guy do well, but I do fear that he is destined to become the first guy to fail to win after cashing in his contract. It's hard to see how they are going to work him back into the main event scene after he has been pushed so far down the card recently. You would like to believe that WWE knew what they were doing when they had Bryan win MitB and then state that he would cash it in at Mania. However, I honestly don't think they had thought it through.

• Paid Members

Count me in with the, "Vince is going to get his jollies over the internet again, by having Bryan job". Shame as he's a talented bloke.

I do hope 'Taker fucks off soon, I'm so bored of him and his character, even for one feud a year. Mark Henry squashing the tit will be the greatest night in history.

Archived