Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania thoughts

or619

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

At this stage I think the best thing for him would be to cash it in (in a high profile match) and lose - only for that to be the turning point and him to get really furious at himself. Then he'd use that anger to really focus himself and start acting more intense, then go on a winning streak until he got back up the card legitimately. He'd get a push that wasn't so forced, it would give him a bit of fire and it would be something original to do with the MITB briefcase instead of the usual "attack someone after a match to get a title win you don't deserve" routine.

I think alot of the problem is the character they want him to portray. This amiable smiling dweeb is credit killing. Why is Michael Cole getting slammed by Jim Ross for slagging him off but Daniel Bryan just smiling inanely about it? It's a perfect example as to why Cole's character should've been moved away from the announce table long ago, or at least given some pointers from Ventura and Heenan.

But the truth is Bryan just ain't over anymore. Not to the level where you care anyway. People have forgotten he's around, I said on the UKFF top 50 wrestlers (It was me people) I've seen him in so many circumstances and he always shined through I can't see why he hasn't in Smackdown. Bryan should lose the MITB case to Barrett at TLC or Survivor Series, and use that to snap and become a self obsessed little shit.

• Paid Members

Just been talking about it at work,

Could Punk Take the WWE title at PPV soon (Maybe TLC?) and Punk visits smackdown (Like he did this pas week). Bryan Cashes in, takes the WWE title turns mega heel. Punk wins the rumble, so Bryan/Punk at Mania?

Either that or Wade Takes it?

• Paid Members

I think one of the best options now would be to go down the same route they did when Kennedy was injured, have him goaded into defending the breifcase, ambush him before the bell, get in the ring, nail the finisher, take the case. Then from there, you can do a cash-in and create a new champion for whenever really. This in turn will hopefully give Bryan something to do again, getting some revenge on the heel who accosted him. But the sad likelihood is that he'll just be stuck on Superstars for the forseeable future.

• Paid Members

Could Punk Take the WWE title at PPV soon (Maybe TLC?) and Punk visits smackdown (Like he did this pas week). Bryan Cashes in, takes the WWE title turns mega heel. Punk wins the rumble, so Bryan/Punk at Mania?

Do you seriously see this happening? Even when Bryan was 'hot' off the back of his Summerslam comeback I could not possibly see this happening.

Don't get me wrong, I do like him and I am intrigued by this whole MITB / Wrestlemania thing with him. But some of the ideas that people are concocting for him make me wonder if some of these people watch WWE at all.

• Paid Members

Do you seriously see this happening? Even when Bryan was 'hot' off the back of his Summerslam comeback I could not possibly see this happening.

Don't get me wrong, I do like him and I am intrigued by this whole MITB / Wrestlemania thing with him. But some of the ideas that people are concocting for him make me wonder if some of these people watch WWE at all.

To be honest that way things are going, i dont see him cashing in for a while. I only say this because the likes of Jack swagger who was equally as shit just after WM26 came out and not only cashed in but was suddenly main eventing PPV's and beating randy orton.......so in WWE mostly anything can happen.

• Paid Members

The belts mean fuck all now. I dont think there has been a time in history that they've meant less. Even the people who lose the belts end up pissing themselves laughing when you next see them. They don't give a fuck about it. WrestleMania's main event is the Rock vs Cena and the other main draw is the Undertakers Streak. Neither match needs the belt. Rock, Cena, Triple H and Undertaker are far and away the biggest draws they have. Nobody else matters. These men dont need a belt. Also the last thing CM Punk needs is a run with Daniel Bryan. If you think Punk's star has fallen since MITB, imagine what a feud with Daniel Bryan would do for him? It would be like the time Jericho went from main eventing with Triple H to a feud with X-Pac.

It was a question

To be honest that way things are going, i dont see him cashing in for a while.

Aye, it maybe another six months before he cashes in.

The belts mean fuck all now. I dont think there has been a time in history that they've meant less. Even the people who lose the belts end up pissing themselves laughing when you next see them. They don't give a fuck about it. WrestleMania's main event is the Rock vs Cena and the other main draw is the Undertakers Streak. Neither match needs the belt. Rock, Cena, Triple H and Undertaker are far and away the biggest draws they have. Nobody else matters. These men dont need a belt.

Rock and Cena should have it, to make it look like the title's worth something to the two biggest in the business. If it was something like Punk vs Miz for the belt on a card where there's a Cena vs Rock match, the WWE title would seem like the Intercontinental title.

• Paid Members

It was a question

What?

• Paid Members

They hinted at it. With Rock's history with the belt and everything, a World title match between these two would be massive I think. As you say, just because a belt is attached to another match, doesn't make a bit of difference to how big the match is. Like I said, Rock and Cena without the belt still means more than another match with the belt. I hope Rock vs Cena is for the title.

Archived