Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania thoughts

or619

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a long-time Danielson fan but it would take something drastic before he could ever have a genuine run in the main event scene. He's never going to be a Benoit-calibre wrestler that you could believe in against the bigger athletes at the top of the card, and you just need to look at how the fans took to Mysterio's first World title run. The only conceivable way to give Bryan a run would be a cheap cash-in victory and subsequently a chicken shit heel run. Now this may sound fine on paper, but I just think that there's plenty of others who could pull it of more entertainingly, Miz again for instance.

It's really odd with the way that he has been used throughout the past year as bare in mind upon his firing in 2010 his name was getting chanted throughout the arenas at the end of PPV's - Fatal Four Way and was there any other's? I thought they really lost an opportunity when he came back as he should have feuded with The Nexus along side with Cena which would have gained him some momentum. He then could have took the US title off The Miz but at a later date and continue gaining momentum past WM up until MITB.

Even before Vengeance in the dark match he lost to Barrett. Not that I have a problem with that as I personally think Barrett is brilliant. I'd personally have liked to see Barrett take away the briefcase as there's nobody for him to really feud with on this "resurrection" he's going through. Maybe Sheamus? But to be put back in a program with Bryan would be good (Yes, I know they had a match at Summerslam)

• Paid Members

I have no interest in watching Taker return once a year to win at Mania either. If he was still putting a shift in over the course of the year then I wouldn't begrudge him his moment, but he's basically a retired wrestler now. It's never going to happen, but if Mark Henry ended the streak I'd be the happiest man on the planet.

[Edit: sorry if my post appears out of context now, it was intended as a follow-up to Blackson's post].

I wondered if they would go along the line of the Royal Rumble winner choosing the Raw belt and then giving Bryan the clear way through to Punk ? Bryan Vs Pink is the only match I can see for Bryan tbh.

I read a rumour that if a Smackdown guy wins the Rumble he'll get his shot at Elimination Chamber instead of Wrestlemania. I hope it's not true through.

I have no interest in watching Taker return once a year to win at Mania either. If he was still putting a shift in over the course of the year then I wouldn't begrudge him his moment, but he's basically a retired wrestler now. It's never going to happen, but if Mark Henry ended the streak I'd be the happiest man on the planet.

[Edit: sorry if my post appears out of context now, it was intended as a follow-up to Blackson's post].

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this whatsoever, especially at this late stage in Henry's career.

If Undertaker doesn't wrestle a match throughout the year other than at Wrestlemania, I for one will still enjoy and appreciate his Mania matches. After all that he's given to and done for the business I'm sure that he more than deserves a nice additional pay cheque once per year.

On the subject of Henry versus Undertaker at Wrestlemania, I can't say that it is a match I'd like to see. Henry's been awesome of late, yes, but it doesn't seem too long ago since they last wrestled at Mania (and it's no Triple H rematch either). At the most I'm guessing Undertaker has about four or five bonafide 'Mania classics left in him; for me, they should be (in no particular order) John Cena, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.

• Paid Members
There's loads of time to build him up for wrestlemania.

I disagree. Its not just about wins and losses but presenting some one as a star. That can take a long time, especially given the stop start world of WWE over the past few years and is a delicate thing to get done right.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this whatsoever, especially at this late stage in Henry's career.

If Undertaker doesn't wrestle a match throughout the year other than at Wrestlemania, I for one will still enjoy and appreciate his Mania matches. After all that he's given to and done for the business I'm sure that he more than deserves a nice additional pay cheque once per year.

On the subject of Henry versus Undertaker at Wrestlemania, I can't say that it is a match I'd like to see. Henry's been awesome of late, yes, but it doesn't seem too long ago since they last wrestled at Mania (and it's no Triple H rematch either). At the most I'm guessing Undertaker has about four or five bonafide 'Mania classics left in him; for me, they should be (in no particular order) John Cena, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.

In regards to a potential Taker/Henry match it wouldn't be too bad. Henry could continue dominanting through the SmackDown roster and then before Mania say's hes beaten them all. WWE hardly reference the past either. Taker could play some mindgames and then return at Mania to take the title off Henry. As if Orton, Sheamus and Big Show can't beat Henry then who can?

There's loads of time to build him up for wrestlemania.

I disagree. Its not just about wins and losses but presenting some one as a star. That can take a long time, especially given the stop start world of WWE over the past few years and is a delicate thing to get done right.

In Modern day WWE, nothing takes a long time. Everything moves fast. If they can't make a big deal of Bryan in 5 months then they should chuck it now. Not saying they will, but time is not a factor. Example, I was at the post mania Raw and saw Mark Henry compete. It was either a dark match or a superstars match but as he walked off up the ramp (with nobody giving a shit) I remember thinking, 'he's got to be finished, this is as low as I've seen him' 3 months later he was on the hottest streak of his career. The following month he was a killer world champion.

• Paid Members

I never thought about Chris Benoit headlining Wrestlemania whatsoever until he actually won the Rumble, so yeah they can build someone that quickly. I don't think they will though. Not sure where they are going with this, but adding something onto the Wrestlemania page seems to show they are still making an angle out of this at least. I honestly thought they'd quietly drop the whole 'challenge at Mania' thing and have him either cash in & lose or drop the briefcase to someone else.

He is intitled the "SmackDown MITB Winner"

Yeah, but the wwe has the tendency to change the rules when it suits them. I wouldn't put it past them to allow Bryan to cash in against the Raw champion.

Mind you I still think he will cash in versus the smack down world champion. Either against Henry or Orton.

Archived