Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania thoughts

or619

• Paid Members
Can Daniel Bryan technically cash in the MITB briefcase when the raw champion appears on SmackDown? Then mentioned the potential involvement of Punk.

Then Gladstone asked him if he thought that was going to happen. Which hopefully leads to a ping pong effect of opinions which we all learn a few things from. Thats what usually happens on these here discussion forums. I dont understand why you chipped in with that, either.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've seen this constantly said though about other MITB winners. I always think they will genuinely suprise you with the first person to fail in cashing it in.

The way things are going, I'm Guessing Bryan will be that man!

To be honest, when Miz had it last year, i was certain he was going to be the first man to loose hi MITB cash in match!

• Paid Members
The belts mean fuck all now.

The WWE Championship means nothing, but I would say Randy Orton and especially Mark Henry have made the World Heavyweight Championship mean alot.

I would say this year has been great for the World Heavyweight title really, Edge leading through to Mania, Christian and Orton having some great matches over it (although maybe an non-needed christian secondary win for me), As well as Henrys current win have really made it awesome for me.

That and the 'new' title belt with the red Backing on it!

The belts mean fuck all now.

The WWE Championship means nothing, but I would say Randy Orton and especially Mark Henry have made the World Heavyweight Championship mean alot.

I agree with you about the WHC. Mark Henry's whole purpose since being drafted to Smackdown earlier this year was to become a legitimate contender for the World Title by destroying everyone in his path before ultimately winning the belt. The WWE title however has been hotshotted a crazy amount of times since the MITB pay per view. CM Punk's 'leaving' storyline emphasised how important the chapionship was, only for it to get switched to Rey, Cena, Punk and Cena, Punk, Del Rio, Cena and Del Rio again in a three months span. A decent long reign for a WWE champion is needed right now and I'd prefer it to go to Punk or Miz as I still don't rate ADR too highly.

CM Punk's wrestling Mark Henry for a shot at the WWE title tonight. doesn't say much for the World belt. Henry's the draw, not the belt.

I think the fact that Henry has been unstoppable and dominated the smackdown roster and eventually defeated Orton to become the Champion is what makes Henry a draw, so the Championship has a lot to do with it. Henry from six months ago would have not been a draw, the Championship has made him credible.

• Paid Members

Its the man that makes the title, not the other way around. Otherwise anyone could hold it. Its the position he's been put in that makes him the draw. If the belt meant anything, CM Punk wouldn't be using it as a stepping stone to the WWE title. The match tonight is "CAN CM PUNK DEFEAT THE MONSTER~~~~!!" not "can CM Punk beat the World Champion". Henry's the road block in the way of CM Punk's title shot. Look at Henry's matches: Big Show wants revenge of Mark Henry for destroying him, Randy Orton wants to see if he can beat Mark Henry after two straight defeats, CM Punk has to be the immovable object to win a title shot at Del Rio. The World title usually a forgotten bit of information. Henry is the power, not the belt. He's a strong and charismatic character. The belt is an after thought.

• Moderators

I'm gutted they've made this match though. There's no way in hell Henry should job to CM Punk at this juncture, and Punk can't lose either. So we're going to have to have Henry get counted out or something. Couldn't it have just been Punk vs Wade Barrett or something?

Its the man that makes the title, not the other way around. Otherwise anyone could hold it. Its the position he's been put in that makes him the draw. If the belt meant anything, CM Punk wouldn't be using it as a stepping stone to the WWE title. The match tonight is "CAN CM PUNK DEFEAT THE MONSTER~~~~!!" not "can CM Punk beat the World Champion". Henry's the road block in the way of CM Punk's title shot. Look at Henry's matches: Big Show wants revenge of Mark Henry for destroying him, Randy Orton wants to see if he can beat Mark Henry after two straight defeats, CM Punk has to be the immovable object to win a title shot at Del Rio. The World title usually a forgotten bit of information. Henry is the power, not the belt. He's a strong and charismatic character. The belt is an after thought.

Fair point. I do think that the championship is what cements Henry's status though. If Henry had not have become champion I would think that every Maineventer to cross paths with Henry would be the one to finally knock him down a peg or two. I agree that the belt is an afterthought in terms of tonight's match stipulation but not in terms of the appeal and drawing power of Henry.

Or Big Show can interfere and cost Henry the match tonight.

As for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania, if they can put some stock in to him I can see him recovering. I don't feel the story is being done well enough with Bryan being on a downward spiral since winning mitb. If its emphasized that Bryan has yet to defeat the Sin Cara's, Wade Barrett and Sheamus then it'll be a big deal when he finally does defeat them and get back on the right track to prepare him for his big WM match. With each defeat he should be looking more dejected and frustrated, but that's not what's being conveyed. Apart from Booker T spouting his typically inane crap, I've also been informed that Daniel Bryan isn't going to shave his beard until WrestleMania. This sounds like one of his goofy shenanigans, not something I would expect from a man who can't beat a mid carder who aspires to wrestle for the belt at WM.

• Moderators
Or Big Show can interfere and cost Henry the match tonight.

I hope not. Under no circumstances should Mark Henry's shoulders be on the canvas for a count of three. Especially on a throwaway episode of Raw against someone he's not feuding with.

Archived