xear

The nexus is having no luck...

Slater = suspended

Young = suspended

Husky = back to FCW

Tarver = fired

Sheffield = out with injuries

Gabriel is just "there" at the moment, as is Barrett

Otunga & McGillicutty have formed the worst tag Team in years.

Daniel Bryan is in the midst of the worst Money In The Bank winner's "push" so far (and I use the term "push" very loosely).

Weak!

I dont see why they broke up the Slater/Gabriel tag team, they would have made decent opposition for Air Boom, although it's hard to see logic in about 99% of the decisions to break up tag teams in recent years.

Tag teams seem to only exist in the WWE these days to be broken up, and give a ready-made feud or mini-feud. Look at teams especially over the last five or six years-they come along, challenge for and sometimes win the tag belts, lose them, break up, one of the team gets fired sharpish, a few months later the one that got a bit more of a push gets fired.

Off the top of my head (well wikipedia), of the teams that have been tag champions since 2005 and had the above happen to them, you've got: MNM, The version of LOD with Heidenreich, Deuce and Domino, Colons, Hurricane and Rosey, Cade and Murdoch, Spirit Squad, Hart Dynasty. And that's just the teams that have had belts, there are plenty more on top.

I dont see why they broke up the Slater/Gabriel tag team, they would have made decent opposition for Air Boom, although it's hard to see logic in about 99% of the decisions to break up tag teams in recent years.

At the time, I doubt they'd thought of Air Boom. And Gabriel and Slater were wrestling for the tag titles every week for about six months without a single storyline or character development (apart from moving from Nexus to the Corre, which made fuck all difference), so probably whoever was in charge of gorilla position for Superstars eventually got bored and just went "I'm sick of these pair, can't we split them up?"

Archived