Nicolas Brendon

nfc90210

• Paid Members

I turned on the TV this morning and while channel surfing came across the Syfy Channel. One the staples of their schedule is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Anyway, they were showing The Zeppo, a Xander focused episode that was part of the third season. I used to be a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Zeppo was one of my favourite episodes of the show. It really is one of the best episodes. It's the one where Xander finds his cool.

Anyway, the point of this thread. It got me thinking about Nicolas Brendon. That guy was great as Xander, and it really is a shame that his post Buffy the Vampire Slayer career has been so undistinguished. I know he's had problems with alcoholism and that has probably played a part. It's shame because he is a likeable performer. He's had guest spots on Criminal Minds and Private Practice over the past few years so maybe things are looking up.

He turned forty this year as well. Part of me was slightly surprised by that. Then I thought about it, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer does seem like a long time ago. I looked it up. Next March (March 10, 2012 to be exact) it will be fifteen years since the first episode, Welcome to the Hellmouth, aired. Shit, it's seven and a half years since the show ended.

• Paid Members
Talking of ex Buffy the Vampire Slayer alumnus, Eliza Dushku seems to have a fairly significant role in the the upcoming Ghostbusters III.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

Ugh. She's a fucking terrible actress. Anna Faris, I don't mind because I think she can be a decent actress on the rare occasions she isn't choosing terrible comedies to star in. But Eliza Dushku, aside from True Lies, has never been interesting in anything ever.

• Paid Members

Nicholas Brendon's got a boring shit face, he's not good looking but he also doesn't look smart, cool, tough or interesting, just a pointless man, surprised he even had that one peak in his career (although personally I think Buffy was complete shit.)

well that was a positive little post.

Amber Benson and James Marsters both had cameos in this seasons Supernatural :thumbsup:

wait wait what? oh you mean next season :laugh:

I'm watching at U.S pace and he appears this week along with Charisma Carpenter, so no, I don't mean next season.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Of the Buffy cast who has gone onto have the most successful post-Buffy career?

I probably say David Boreanaz. As with Bones he is the co-lead in another long running successful network TV show.

Gellar had the The Grudge which was a legitimate hit but that was back in 2004 and she never really followed it up.

Michelle Trachtenberg is still knocking around in things like Gossip Girl and she's only twenty-seven. I can't claim to have seen all the movies made by Buffy alumnus but I would still venture to say that with Mysterious Skin Trachtenberg has made the best one - I seriously think that is one of the best films of the 00s.

Alyson Hannigan has her sitcom and the American Pie movies. So, I guess, you could make an argument for her.

There was a period where I thought Eliza Dushku was going to be a big star but it almost feels like she missed her shot and is now nowhere near as hot (career wise) as she was a decade ago. I can't help but think that she is to blame for that as she made some pretty shoddy movies - I don't remember much about Soul Survivors but I do recall it being terrible, Wrong Turn was bad and it's not like The New Guy was a comedy classic.

Anthony Head is back in England working.

Seth Green has had some success with Robot Chicken etc.

Everyone else from the Buffy-verse seems to be doing small bits and pieces here and there but their careers seem to be without any real momentum and, at this moment in time anyway, it looks like they peaked with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Archived