The WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I dont see why not to be honest, i mean it would take a bit of a change around, but it could be worked out.

If i understand it, will raw/smackdown still be on the relvent networks and not the WWE network anyway? that sorts out sky sports. Sky one will probably just drop superstars, and keep experience. And the network mentions it's having 2 new shows of matches each week anyway, so why not. That plus all the classic stuff would be pure gold, and i'd pay for it!

think its safe to say that the WWE will be using this network to heavily promote their non-wrestling revenue streams. Like breaking into the reality TV market, movies etc.

They wont be showing classic wrestling all the time. Far from it.

• Moderators

It's looking to be a YouTube channel this isn't it?

Apparently Google are going to give them $5m a year to run it, and WWE'll keep something like 55% of ads on YouTube. Good deal in my eyes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/yout...-poehler-254370

Even if it is on Youtube, does anyone know if we will have to pay any money to have access to it? Or will it just be like a normal Youtube channel?

It's a new thing youtube are doing. Subscription channels. Loads of big companies are signing up for it as well as WWE. It will be an alternative to having it on TV for those who can't, or for those who don't want to, I'd suspect only some of the content will be on youtube and it would be cheaper than the TV network, so it'd be an alternative even if you can get it on TV where you live.

• Paid Members

The YouTube listing for the channels currently has WWE as "New, exclusive, behind-the-scenes videos that give unheralded access to WWE superstars and divas outside the ring."

The payment to the channel producers is "up to $5 million" a year, not $5 million each guaranteed. YouTube has pencilled in a maximum budget of $100 million across 100 channels. They are also working on a basis of 25 new hours of programming a day across the 100 channels, so an average of 15 minutes per channel per day or about 2 hours a week, so this probably isn't going to be the WWE network.

Archived