The WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jas

So in the last few weeks I've noticed there's been more and more news filtering through on this WWE Network that's planned to be launched by the end of 2012 - so the question is would you be willing to subscribe to it and how much would you pay - IF it ever reaches these shores.

Personally if the channel is under

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If it end up on sky and its cheap, i would love to have it to be honest. I mostly had sky sports just for WWE, and thats really expensive for all the channels (you had to have them all due to WWE being on different channels at odd times).

Plus With the likes of new programming and most likely WCW nitro at some point, it would indeed be awesome!

Bring it on! :thumbsup:

The good thing is their library is absolutely MASSIVE so there'll always be new things to view and to revisit old ECW hardcore tv and supershows uncensored etc along classic pay per views from WWE/F, WCW & ECW I don't think I'll ever leave my sofa.

So in the last few weeks I've noticed there's been more and more news filtering through on this WWE Network that's planned to be launched by the end of 2012 - so the question is would you be willing to subscribe to it and how much would you pay.

Personally if the channel is under

They won't be showing stuff uncensored in the PG-era. Last I heard about the network was they were considering a cooking show featuring Big Show and his wife. If your think all their going to be doing is showing the tape library, your very much mistaken. Expect endless repeats of The Chaperone, Thats What I Am and whatever other WWE Films have come out recently, and other naff shows with the occasional repeat airing of Raw/Smackdown

They won't be showing stuff uncensored in the PG-era. Last I heard about the network was they were considering a cooking show featuring Big Show and his wife. If your think all their going to be doing is showing the tape library, your very much mistaken. Expect endless repeats of The Chaperone, Thats What I Am and whatever other WWE Films have come out recently, and other naff shows with the occasional repeat airing of Raw/Smackdown

I've no doubt we'll have endless repeats of Chaperone ala ITV2,3,4 etc but (I would guess) 90% of their libray is wrestling and it goes back decades so surely this is what they'll show most of the time to fill up the schedule - what a waste of their library and network if they'll only show the occasional repeat of RAW/Smackdown.

I've no doubt we'll have endless repeats of Chaperone ala ITV2,3,4 etc but (I would guess) 90% of their libray is wrestling and it goes back decades so surely this is what they'll show most of the time to fill up the schedule - what a waste of their library and network if they'll only show the occasional repeat of RAW/Smackdown.

And besides the internet crowd, is their really any demand to watching wrestling that "goes back decades". Im 26 who can just about remember WWF from the early 90's. Add 10 years to that and you'll have people 35 and over to remember it from the 80's. But do you think, honestly, that there is anybody who will watch wrestling from before then?

It would be awesome if they make the channel mostly using there video library, New B-Shows and post network showings of Raw and Smackdown.

However with Entertainment being emphasised more than ever we are likely going to see shitty cooking programs, reruns of WWE films and possibly some other horrible network only stuff.

I heard they want to show some PPVs on there to which would be cool

And besides the internet crowd, is their really any demand to watching wrestling that "goes back decades". Im 26 who can just about remember WWF from the early 90's. Add 10 years to that and you'll have people 35 and over to remember it from the 80's. But do you think, honestly, that there is anybody who will watch wrestling from before then?

I don't think 1960s or 70s wrestling will get much airing anyways and I have no desire to see it as well - I'm hoping they'll focus on tv/events from 1984 onwards so they have nearly 3 decades worth of tv to use to fill their schedules.

I would like to think that at least 60% of this channel will be devoted to wrestling tv and ppvs etc the rest can be your movies, cookery shows which will probably worth watching if Big Show is allowed special guests like Boogeyman or Slick to pop along

Personally I wouldn't think a straight forward repeat of shows would work. However having programs using old footage would work.

E.g.

Best of the WCW Cruiserweights

The Career of Ric Flair

Best of the Taker WM Victories

Vince McMahons favourite moments in wwe history

etc etc

As long as they give a focus to each of the old footage, its could work brilliantly, especially if they use footage and create documentaries to support current WWE storylines.

What storylines would other people like see? I think a Monday Night War series would be ace! Each week would consist of footage from a specific weeks RAW and NITRO, showing the best from both and showing what the rating was for that specific show.

• 3 weeks later...

Some news...

The WWE Universe has spoken and has chosen the first name for a new WWE Network show: WrestleMania Rewind!

Based on the WWE Universe's votes last week on WWE.com, WrestleMania Rewind earned more than 39 percent of the votes, edging out WrestleMania Revisited, WrestleMania Flashback and WrestleMania Review.

WrestleMania Rewind will be a retrospective on the greatest entertainment spectacular of all time, WrestleMania. The show will transport the WWE Universe back to a single WrestleMania in a three-episode series, starting with the Show of Shows' thrilling debut at Madison Square Garden in 1985, all the way to WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami.

WrestleMania Rewind will revisit each epic event through complete matches, never-before-seen footage and in-depth commentary from the Superstars and Legends who've shared WWE's grandest stage.

Stay tuned to WWE.com for more polls to help name more shows on the WWE Network -- the most interactive channel in television history -- before it launches in 2012!

More news...

WWE is planning a new reality show, similar to VH1's Surreal Life for the WWE network, which will see a group of WWE Legends living together in the same house. Here is the description of the show

Archived