I AM A REAL AMERICAN

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
Look at his appearances on American Idol. The audience, contestants and judges almost shit themselves when he walked on. Even brought a smile to J-Lo's miserable face.

I had no idea about that! The look on that dudes face when he sees Hogan, I sware he made a sex wee in his pants! I know I would have done!

Hogan on American Idol

"Neither of you guys are safe"

Because apparently 2 young healthy men in their 20's wouldnt be able to take on a 58 yeard with a dody back and a plastic hip.

I don't believe they would.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a bunch of smart arsed friends who go on about how shit Hogan supposedly is because he doesn't do 450 splashes or whatever but the fact of the matter is this: if anybody remotely in to wrestling got to meet Hulk you'd piss your pants and turn in to a 7 year old kid. In terms of in-ring ability my vote for greatest wrestler of all time still goes to Benoit but Hogan is still the only wrestler who's poster has been on my bedroom wall (I was 7 or 8 and it was in a blue frame, it was held with that level of prestige). For all the bollocks about "workrate" you can't not respect the impact he's had on the industry and I can't not smile at the opening bars of "Real American". I once posted a comment on Hogan's facebook about how my kids love him and refer to him as Captain Yellowpants, when I saw the message "Hulk Hogan has commented on your wall post" and him saying how hilarious he thought it was I practially shat in my cereal. I actually legged it outside to tell the Mrs who actually seemed to give a shit. Your AJ Styles' and whatnots would never have an impact like that.

• Paid Members

Was watching a House Show from early 1989 the other night, Hogan vs. Boss Man main event. Got me wondering how the fuck Hogan ever became a superstar in the first place. Obviously he had a body like a greek god back then and he's got the gift of the gab. It's the face. He looked so old, even then, with that awful 'tache and his completely bald head. Coupled with his plodding "wrestling", I find it hard to fathom how he ever caught on. When I was a kid it used to shock me how he aged about 20 years once the bandana came off.

I still hate most of his matches, they don't resemble wrestling matches at all but I have massive respect for his ability to have a crowd eating out of his hand. I can see how he stayed on top all those years but I just can't imagine how he caught on to start with.

Obviously he had a body like a greek god back then and he's got the gift of the gab. It's the face. He looked so old, even then, with that awful 'tache and his completely bald head.

Thats something that's always confused me too. Also why did Hogan look older in the 80's than he did in the 90's? Is he Benjamin Button?

Hogan around 1985- looks like an elderly manbearpig

hulk-hogan.jpg

Hogan mid 90's. Looks mildly less old

hulk_hogan3.jpg

• Paid Members

Hogan is a wrestler, so is probably insecure, so he probably had some surgery in the 90s. Hogan dropping weight during the steroid scandal made him look younger too.

The reason Hogan got over has been mentioned in this thread several times. He's larger than life and insanely charismatic, plus his natural ability to work a crowd into a frenzy when he Hulked Up. The guy is a one off.

In other Hogan news...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...16-million.html

The reason Hogan got over has been mentioned in this thread several times. He's larger than life and insanely charismatic, plus his natural ability to work a crowd into a frenzy when he Hulked Up. The guy is a one off.

The guy is a legend, I wouldn't have ever started watching wrestling if I hadn't seen Hulk and gone "Who the fuck is THAT guy?!?!". My kids love Hogan and they're 6 and 3 years old, he'll always be over. He just seems to grab your attention before he's even got in the ring.

• Paid Members
I still hate most of his matches, they don't resemble wrestling matches at all

I know you've never liked the old goat, but I'm not too clear on where you're coming from here. What do they resemble?

• Paid Members
I still hate most of his matches, they don't resemble wrestling matches at all

I know you've never liked the old goat, but I'm not too clear on where you're coming from here. What do they resemble?

Some old bloke crawling around the ropes for 10 minutes, shaking a lot, no-selling some punches and hitting a big boot and a leg drop.

I won't knock him for it, people ate it up. It just isn't what I'd call wrestling. Compared to Savage, Flair, Bret or HBK's work, it's dire.

Anyone can like what they like, I think 99% of it is shit.

Archived