I AM A REAL AMERICAN

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I think you kids are concentrating too much on Hogan's wrestling career and not enough on his culinary exploits. The man has done more for gastronomy than most of you know.

The Hulkster has revolutionized :

Grilling stuff

300_250.jpg

Blending stuff

il_fullxfull.80051634.jpg

Making pasta

Frontpage_pastamania.jpg

Having a burger

hoganburger.jpg

Having an ice cream

1.jpg

and, ummm.....

Grilling more stuff

v1.jpg

In short, stick your Gordon Ramsey, your Jamie Oliver and even your Nigella up your arse. Hogan knows best.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we've talked about this before, Ian, but having Hogan as a friend on Facebook really is the most positive, life-affirming thing. Every day he's full of joy and happiness, answering questions, pissing about and having fun. There's no way he keeps that up as a pretence 24/7, the guy is clearly a fun-loving, cool as motherfucker.

Anyone catch him on the Roast of the Hoff tonight, the guy's a class act and I don't think there will ever be a wrestler with his influence over a generation ever again.

Anyone catch him on the Roast of the Hoff tonight, the guy's a class act and I don't think there will ever be a wrestler with his influence over a generation ever again.

I gotta agree with this - unless Justin Beiber takes up wrestling.

What I never understood about Hogan in the ring was he was always a better wrestler than he let on.

• Paid Members

I gotta agree with this - unless Justin Beiber takes up wrestling.

What I never understood about Hogan in the ring was he was always a better wrestler than he let on.

But that's the point, why start busting out indian deathlocks when you can achieve a bigger reaction with a boot to the face? He knew what to hit and when to hit it for maximum impact better than anyone. Some people confuse having a large move set with being a good wrestler. A good wrestler is someone that knows what works and gets the most from it.

• Paid Members

That's the thing with Hogan. There are hundreds of stories from over the years about him burying people, refusing to put people over and harming the product with his egotisitical selfish demands. However there are hundreds of stories aswell from wrestler who say he's one of the coolest, most laid back and nice guys.

I especially liked reading in Jericho's autobiography how Hogan loved wrestling with the new generation of guys because they would work hard to make him look good and put a good match over getting themselves over and he just left them to it and did whatever they told him because he had complete trust and faith in them.

EDIT: Another favorite story of mine is back in WCW Johnny B. Badd had a hard hitting match with plancas, shooting stars and big suplexes and after the match was lying on the locker room floor with ice on both ankles in alot of discomfort and pain...Hogan walks in after his match, slightly sweaty and completely fine and takes one look at him and just says "You need to learn how to work."

• Paid Members
EDIT: Another favorite story of mine is back in WCW Johnny B. Badd had a hard hitting match with plancas, shooting stars and big suplexes and after the match was lying on the locker room floor with ice on both ankles in alot of discomfort and pain...Hogan walks in after his match, slightly sweaty and completely fine and takes one look at him and just says "You need to learn how to work."

Good, Johnny B Badd is a tit. I'm glad the Hulkster agrees.

Personally, I've never been a massive Hogan fan for most of his career, that's all to do with timing really. I got into my wrestling when Ultimate Warrior was the coolest thing on telly, so I always favoured Warrior over Hogan. Plus Hogan was always a cheating bastard, the hypocrite, he finally showed his true colours in WCW when he turned heel. Thankfully my boy Sting turned on him and we got some of the most exciting segments in TV history. It wasn't until his second WWF run that I started to appreciate the bloke, he worked his arse off when he came back and showed people how it's done.

As I've got older I've learned to appreciate that Hogan is probably as close to a wrestling genius as there is, not only as a worker but as a politician. This is the bloke that charmed Hall and Nash into being his underlings, when both had a mission to fuck Hogan about at every opportunity. He even done it in WWE, when he rather beautifully fucked a master in Triple H about by beating him for the title, a month after Triple H had won the thing (and was set to go on a long run, until Hogan had a word). Hogan even got HBK to do the job for him and told Michaels to fuck off, after Michaels got the hump because he wasn't getting it all his own way. Hogan > Kliq.

Just a shame his stupid family have fucked up the past few years.

Spot on Blackson. I'd not seen a huge amount of Hogan until he returned to the WWE and was really, really impressed, so I bought that DVD boxset and discovered he'd been having cracking matches all his career, and had sweated and strained with the best of them apart from a few bad years in WCW when I believe he had some nasty long-term injuries. He's a master politician no doubt, but you've got to look after yourself first, particularly in a cut-throat industry like wrestling.

He was still having good matches into his late 50s. I can't see many of the younger stars physically being able to do that - look at Edge. He wrestled a style that was exciting, easy to understand, brought in the crowds, and didn't completely fuck his body by the age of 40.

• Moderators
I know we've talked about this before, Ian, but having Hogan as a friend on Facebook really is the most positive, life-affirming thing. Every day he's full of joy and happiness, answering questions, pissing about and having fun. There's no way he keeps that up as a pretence 24/7, the guy is clearly a fun-loving, cool as motherfucker.

I read a great story about what Hogan is like at signings. Apparently when he'd sign something he'd tell the person he was signing for something like "I remember slamming Andre the Giant and he was 19 tonne and my back snapped in two" and he'd do it in such a way that it was like he was telling the fan a secret between the two of them and made them feel like the only person on earth who mattered.

He strikes me as such a nice and cool guy. You never hear many horror stories of Hogan being a wanker with the fans and the sheer amount of charity work, even to this day, is amazing and admirable.

• Paid Members

I think he's the man. I dont see how anyone can compare to him. He was such a megastar back in the day. Everyone knew who he was. People talk about drawing money, but Hogan was drawing 650,000 buyrates in 1989, when a lot of people didnt have access to PPV. Imagine what that buyrate would have done if people had the amount of access to PPV they had a few years later? Jealously from people from his era aside (Bret and Warrior being the main examples) I've never heard a bad word said outside of the "he's in it for himself" stuff. Of course he's in it for himself. Nobody is doing him any favours. The bloke wears a back harness when he works out in the gym and has a plastic hip and knees. I'd say he's given back more than he's got out of it. For all his bashing, Dave Meltzer says Hogan is a very charming bloke. He'll make you his mate within the first sentence. Its why everyone that bashes him usually comes around in the end. He also said Hogan has the best presence than anyones he's been around. He said he was at a baseball game once and Hogan walked in and everyone turned there head. And most of his charity work is special demand stuff. Not publicized. Goldberg and Hogan are the two superstar wrestlers who dont do the giant cheque shite.

Hes a pure wrestler. And by that I mean, he looks like nobody on the street. And he's such a cartoon. Hes so over the top and attention demanding onscreen. I think more people should study him. The ability to walk around and demand the attention is something a lot of wrestlers should have today. Look at his appearances on American Idol. The audience, contestants and judges almost shit themselves when he walked on. Even brought a smile to J-Lo's miserable face.

• Paid Members
Look at his appearances on American Idol. The audience, contestants and judges almost shit themselves when he walked on. Even brought a smile to J-Lo's miserable face.

I had no idea about that! The look on that dudes face when he sees Hogan, I sware he made a sex wee in his pants! I know I would have done!

Hogan on American Idol

Look at his appearances on American Idol. The audience, contestants and judges almost shit themselves when he walked on. Even brought a smile to J-Lo's miserable face.

I had no idea about that! The look on that dudes face when he sees Hogan, I sware he made a sex wee in his pants! I know I would have done!

Hogan on American Idol

And that is why Hogan is in a league of his own. No other wrestler would get that reaction on a mainstream show. The ladies were wetting themselves.

Hogan on American Idol

"Neither of you guys are safe"

Because apparently 2 young healthy men in their 20's wouldnt be able to take on a 58 yeard with a dody back and a plastic hip.

TNA must have got loads of coverage from this, what with the number of times he mentioned them

Archived