Claudio Castagnoli signed with WWE, it seems.

Mr Kennedy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very glad to hear people agreeing with me that Claudio Castagnoli could have a bright future in WWE but Chris Hero not so much. Ian pretty much summed it up for me - he completely lacks stardom. It's clear he's made more of an effort to not look like a tramp but if I walked past him in the street I'd probably still think he's on the dole. I can't comment on his wrestling as of late but when I last saw him he was fine catering to the indy fans but nothing beyond that. People on here are saying he's improved though so I'll have to check it out.

I find it odd that so many wrestlers can disregard the fact that wrestling is a business and they could improve their chances of making a living by trying to come across as a star. Perception is reality. This might be naive of me but if I were going into wrestling, I'd be looking at catering myself towards WWE completely as they're the biggest promotion in the world. That's not saying you can't try something a bit different but I see a lot of indy wrestlers throwing highspots out there as filler moves and doing lame Irish Whips and rubbish flimsy forearms with no thought for the long term. Or on the other end of the spectrum, they'll go for strong style which I'm not a fan of but if they want work in Japan at least they'll be attracting them.

I hope they sign Colt Cabana. They can use him as a lower card guy for his comedy. He's a solid wrestler and is entertaining. I don't think he'll get past that but he'd be good as opener material.

It's funny watching people talk about Chris Hero not being "worthy" of working for a company which regularly grants TV time to pointless wastes of space like Jinder Mahal, Tyson Kidd, David Otunga, Michael McGuillicutty Ted DiBiase and Ezekiel Jackson.

• Paid Members
Antonio Cesaro is a top name.

Yeah, but it's a little too Italian sounding for me.

I mean, admittedly, most Yanks have no fucking clue where either Italy or Switzerland are [some probably don't even know they exist] but at least Claudio Castagnoli sounds more Swiss.

Get to fuck... Most yanks I know ARE Italian.

Yes, but thats more 'I'm Italian. I was born and raised in New York' than, y'know, PROPER Italian. ;)

I'm just messin' - my point is, and I'm of course I'm massively generalising here, that Americans are notoriously ignorant of anywhere in the world that is not, well, America.

Giving a Swiss guy a stereotypically Italian-sounding name is hardly proving otherwise.

Yes, but thats more 'I'm Italian. I was born and raised in New York' than, y'know, PROPER Italian. ;)

I'm just messin' - my point is, and I'm of course I'm massively generalising here, that Americans are notoriously ignorant of anywhere in the world that is not, well, America.

Giving a Swiss guy a stereotypically Italian-sounding name is hardly proving otherwise.

I'm sure they'll balance it out by having him twat people with a cuckoo clock just to get over how Swiss he is

• Paid Members

Out of pure curiosity Beale, because I bet you know a LOT of Guidos in your neck of the woods, how many of them do you reckon know much about the country of their roots? Genuine question, because it usually comes across that although proud of their Italian heritage a lot of them don't actually know much about the nation. It's weird, it's like Italian-American is it's own separate race/nationality entirely, as their identity is rather different than that of Americans and Italians. It's a fucking cool identity though, fun stereotypes galore.

SJK as Corey Graves has one too - http://www.fcwwrestling.info/graves1.html

Hang on, Sterling James Keenan? When did he sign with WWE? Good to see they're keeping up their tradition of shit renames. Corey Graves, have a word.

Archived