Claudio Castagnoli signed with WWE, it seems.

Mr Kennedy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as i love Hero i'd imagine he'd need a while down in FCW, he's VERY "indyriffic" and i don't see his style being very WWE friendly.

Hero has wrestled in front of a lot of different crowds over the years and spent some time working for All Star (and he was the first GPW Champion) he could easily adapt his style to suit WWE just as he adapted for British wrestling.

• Paid Members

I've always thought their was more value in Castagnoli on his own in the big leagues than as a tag wrestler. Not a fan of Chris Hero personally. Tag team wrestling is dead in the water at the minute. Claudio is a big guy and can work. He could easily slot in with the likes of Dolf Ziggler, Jack Swagger and John Morrison crew. No better time to make a good impression than at the minute. They portion of the card is desperate for a fresh injection. Oh, and as Butch said, Antonio Cesaro is a name from the heaven's. Give him a couple of vignettes and slap a robe on him as well.

Agreed with the poster who said Chris Hero was indyriffic. There's just something about his 6th former hair cut and "I'm in a band" beard that screams "lack of stardom this way".

• Paid Members

I'd rather enjoy a European stable headed by Regal in a manager/occasional wrestler role

Claudio, Drew and maybe someone else (although those two as a tag team would be pretty cool too) with Regal as the mouthpiece still doing a sports entertainment style of match but with a lot of European influences involved. Could easily re-hash the whole unamericans, La Resistance etc type thing and have them take on pro USA guys.

Would give Claudio a decent start in the company too.

Cesaro is a great name as well.

• Paid Members

Regal's back soon as well. He's been training, because he wants one more run and he thinks the time off over the past few months has done him a world of good. Judging by the returns of Nash, Jerry Lawler's weekly involvment and the soon to be back on TV Mick Foley, its fair to say the youth movement finished. Regal, Drew and Castagnoli sounds like a dream team. They'd probably throw Barrett in there as well. Wouldnt mind seeing that to be honest. Even if its on a show like Smackdown.

awesome news for claudio, so pleased for him and i hope hero gets a shot too cos he's upped his game immensely over the years, from physique to overall work-rate and look. them as a team in wwe probably wouldnt get the exposure it deserves as wwe dont have a very strong division for them to work off. claudio on his own would probably get further cos his swiss nationality would separate him from the pack and he has a great physique.

regal's latest tweet is great stuff concerning claudio.

• Paid Members
Has Foley signed or is it just speculation

Foley's basically said he's coming back and "hasnt ruled out commentating again" and "wants a match with the Undertaker". They name drop him every few weeks as well. Its a done deal verbally. Whether anything is written down is another matter. I wouldnt be surprised if The Rock inducts him into the Hall of Fame this year.

Archived